• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

frontieruk

i'm getting this because it seems like a pretty cool concept for a sci-fi shooter. i like the art design very much and the soundtrack is pretty dope. not to mention the guns in the demo sound like sex. but anyway, i had a blast with the demo and the first 10 minutes of the single player campaign put my fears about it to rest(was worried it was just the demo with bots). and i have been starving for a decent sci-fi game since deus ex. so i'm in, preordered and ready.

edit: to the poster above me---there is a link to a video of the first ten minutes of the single player campaign in the demo thread. at least i think that is where it is.

Cheers :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Waiting for the impressions of PC-gaf. Was looking forward to this but alas...

No pc-demo = no day 1 purchase

If, run of the mill console port = day never purchase

frontieruk

Needs more Michael Wincott.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=michael+wincott&FORM=BIFD#x0y0

Enough for you ? ;)

Waiting for the impressions of PC-gaf. Was looking forward to this but alas...

No pc-demo = no day 1 purchase

If, run of the mill console port = day never purchase

I get the feeling from the FAQ that it was a small team working on the PC version so probably is a straight port, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised as I'd double dip in a sale, but as it stands probably not.

BHK3

Banned
Hopefully the full game won't be blurry like the demo, or like The Darkness was.

Whats the wubstep song they use in all the ads for the game? All I got from the facebook page was that really short digitilism song.

frontieruk

Hopefully the full game won't be blurry like the demo, or like The Darkness was.

Whats the wubstep song they use in all the ads for the game? All I got from the facebook page was that really short digitilism song.

it's the Skrillex remix

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So much potential for a witty title.

GT: Dr Eggman

In Starbreeze i trust.

I'm so torn on this game.

If they were much more clear about post launch support it would help me justify a day 1 purchase. I want it, and I thought the demo was fantastic, but the fact that ME3 is just a couple weeks away and there's only 9 co-op missions my brain tells me to wait until it hits $40 or less.

There's also a video preview up on IGN UK. Only gives impressions from the early levels, so it seems like EA is keeping a tight lid on the single player part. Will be very interesting to see the first reviews and I hope there's some nice surprises in there.

IGN Video Preview

Nice job on the OT btw!

soultron

Banned
I'm so torn on this game.

If they were much more clear about post launch support it would help me justify a day 1 purchase. I want it, and I thought the demo was fantastic, but the fact that ME3 is just a couple weeks away and there's only 9 co-op missions my brain tells me to wait until it hits $40 or less.

There's SP and, just from reading the thread, it seems like the MP content will take 40+ hours to unlock everything. Seems pretty meaty if you ask me.

pringles

The demo was fuck awesome, except for the lousy netcode that caused a ton of "lost connection to server".

I think I'll hold off on the game until I hear impressions on whether that is fixed for the full game, because the co-op will be a big reason for me to buy it.

razorman

I really want to get the PC version of this for the better graphics, I'm just worried it will be harder to find people to co-op with compared to the 360 version. Decisions, decisions....

I'm pumped, although I am a little disappointed you don't get to name your own corporation (and pick your own logo) in the SP campaign like in the original game.

Does anyone know which version, PS3 or 360, is the better one? I've got a preorder for each on NewEgg and don't know which to cancel and which to keep.

Great OT, dude!

I knew the game existed, but it came out surprisingly fast. Snuck up out of nowhere. I'm gonna hold off on purchase though until I know whether the SP is brilliant or shit. I thought Crysis 2 would rock and was left severely disappointed by Crytek and Richard Morgan's story.

Also, if this is another depressing FPS with a depressing ending... I'll hold off for a while probably.

Edit: That pic of Rosario Dawson should be in the OT.

frontieruk

Great OT, dude!

I knew the game existed, but it came out surprisingly fast. Snuck up out of nowhere. I'm gonna hold off on purchase though until I know whether the SP is brilliant or shit. I thought Crysis 2 would rock and was left severely disappointed by Crytek and Richard Morgan's story.

Also, if this is another depressing FPS with a depressing ending... I'll hold off for a while probably.

Cheers, I'm assuming from the announcement trailer it's going to be a typical 'doing work which you think is right, discover you're working for the baddy' as there are hints of treachery in the Syndicate and in the webchat the guy says he considers Eurocorp the real baddies... Make of that what you will

well this sure came out fast

I'm used to taking that as an indication of poor quality
Erm
Richard K Morgan said:
Sweden consumed my life as we tried to figure out what Syndicate would be 18 years on from the original. After a 7 month concept phase with the team I was seconded onto other EA Partners projects, the penultimate being Crysis 2 working out of Frankfurt with the talented Crytek team.

So they were working on this while Crysis 2 was in development so not exactly rushed is it?

jtrov

So glad this game is coming out so soon. I've been very much interested since the reveal and all the videos they released afterwards really got me excited; with the different characters, unlocks, co-op, and art-style. Couldn't wait for the demo and it did not disappoint at all. Loved the look and feel of the game and the combat was just so much fun with a full party of people. I have no idea what to expect from the SP campaign, but I can already tell that I'll be getting a lot of hours out of this game via co-op.

Already have it pre-ordered from Amazon, so count me in for some day one action. Really look forward to playing with people of same interest so feel free to add me.

XBL: jtrov

Does anyone know which version, PS3 or 360, is the better one? I've got a preorder for each on NewEgg and don't know which to cancel and which to keep.

Going PS3 for free online (actually first game in a long time I plan on playing online alot), controller preference, and superior sound mix

So much potential for a witty title.

GT: Dr Eggman

In Starbreeze i trust.

I actually like how the thread doesn't have a title, especially because it makes it easier to see in the topic list when you're scanning the page. Like right now it's the shortest one on the first page so it pops out at ya.

Slappers Only

I actually like how the thread doesn't have a title, especially because it makes it easier to see in the topic list when you're scanning the page. Like right now it's the shortest one on the first page so it pops out at ya.
Yes. No need for some cute "Syndicate OT of making thread titles shorter to stand out amongst obnoxiously long thread titles" nonsense.

Been playing the demo, and so much about the gameplay just feels right. I have nothing against short campaigns, so here's hoping that rightness enriches the campaign into something amazing.

Nice first post.
Gaf has the best game info threads anywhere.

Playing on Xbox360, will have release day, if Amazon keeps their promise.
XBL GT: MR SCHULTZ

lol, still playing the fuck out of the demo (^____^)

Finally fully researched the scope for assault rifle. LOVE toggling between angled ironsights and scope!

frontieruk

lol, still playing the fuck out of the demo (^____^)

Finally fully researched the scope for assault rifle. LOVE toggling between angled ironsights and scope!

Last time I checked I'd c,oxide 14hrs in the demo and my sniper rifle and pistol are fully upgraded.

iavi

Does anybody know if the research made in the demo will transfer over to the full release? I've been a bit reluctant to invest any more time in it because of that. I've upgraded my razorback, and kusanagi, but that's it.

Top Bottom