• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Sealtest

EDIT: hahah nice BB lowered my Fire Emblem Warriors price to $64 (20% off 80) instead of what it originally was at $80 (20% off 100). was worried there after CSR rejected the E3 FAQ about getting discount on the lower price like 1-2 weeks ago

I can't believe Best Buy still hasn't figured out how to do this for all orders automatically. We shouldn't have to call to get these fixed.

Also if you have a CSR refuse to do it just demand a supervisor or take it to the forums and let them know.

ohlawd

I can't believe Best Buy still hasn't figured out how to do this for all orders automatically. We shouldn't have to call to get these fixed.

Also if you have a CSR refuse to do it just demand a supervisor or take it to the forums and let them know.

ah I checked the rest of the order. Xenoblade 2 had the same issue but now it's the same price as FEW. I didn't mention the former at all when I talked to CS. it might be automatic now <3

Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 haven't changed since it's still $100 on their site. should be okay when it's near release

Are we expecting EB to do another trade in promotion for the Xbox X? They had the $200 trade in promotion for the S earlier, but I didn't want to give in the console that early - if that was how it worked.

Depends on the pre-order numbers is our guess.

Remains to be seem how much people (beyond the "must own every console" crowd) are willing to pay for a mid-gen refresh.

I would love a OneX but it only cost ~$250 to "upgrade" from a PS4 to a Pro, last year. On the day of release, not 8 weeks in advance, That's more fair IMO.

I'm holding out for a boxing day bundle. At the very least give us 6 months of Gamepass and Forza 7 with it.

Amazon is so dominate, they don't have to try anymore. Shop elsewhere when you can. Other businesses don't give a shit about people either, but they will try a bit to be competitive in the market.

The whole site is dead for me now.

Y'all need to go to back to EB for full priced releases - the opened game satisfaction guarantee has saved me from being stuck with crappy or short games versus cumulative Prime savings.

BB is also really good. Always stock in store day 1 and in-store pickup requests are really quick.

SickBoy

Y'all need to go to back to EB for full priced releases - the opened game satisfaction guarantee has saved me from being stuck with crappy or short games versus cumulative Prime savings.

BB is also really good. Always stock in store day 1 and in-store pickup requests are really quick.

Yeah, that guarantee is a great thing. I don't buy a ton of new release stuff there, but it did save me from getting stuck with games like Thief and No Man's Sky at full price.. and it made me feel better about trying stuff like Arms and Overwatch -- neither of which I was really sure about pre-purchase.

EDIT: For me, as much as they've weakened the value proposition for Prime, I still haven't had any of the terrible experiences many people report... and I signed up for Prime before they started discounting games, so it's got value for me beyond that savings.

farisr

So walmart is just bad at updating order status. Got an email that the order has shipped and it's already out for delivrery. Day 1 streak continues.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So walmart is just bad at updating order status. Got an email that the order has shipped and it's already out for delivrery. Day 1 streak continues.
I once received an Amiibo before I got the email it shipped. That was before I started using the ship to CP location option.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know, is it easier to just get a Gold/Platinum headset or replace the batteries on an Elite headset?

Or is there a better alternative that's cheaper?

Robert807

I'm starting to think I'm not going to receive the new Mario game on the 27 th. Still no shipping date from Amazon. Dang I may have to pay full price.

Talha

I can confirm that freedom is getting iPhones, stores are being told to tell customers it’s coming soon, most likely will release more information closer to iPhone Xs launch date. Also can confirm plans will be going up on the 19th, if any of you are looking at that $50 plan it’ll be $100 on the 19th

I can confirm that freedom is getting iPhones, stores are being told to tell customers it’s coming soon, most likely will release more information closer to iPhone Xs launch date. Also can confirm plans will be going up on the 19th, if any of you are looking at that $50 plan it’ll be $100 on the 19th

That's real fucking ballsy of them, considering how shit the non-LTE network is and how phones not specifically purchased from Freedom still have problems staying on LTE.

Talha

That's real fucking ballsy of them, considering how shit the non-LTE network is and how phones not specifically purchased from Freedom still have problems staying on LTE.
Yea they’ll have a plan with 10gigs of data and no call just texting from what I was told in store for $50

Mathematics

Neo Member
Nice a typo on amazon

6iLA552.png

SickBoy

I'm glad I upgraded to a plan with a crapload of data recently. Freedom going insane with these new plans will probably make it harder to get something similar down the road.

chronosic

Anybody know where to get empty PS4 cases? My copy of Undertale came all gnarled up and I want to put it in a nice looking case.

chrono01

So I just noticed my pre-order for Mario Odyssey from Amazon is still $83.88 ($99.99 original price + 20% off for being a Prime Member). The actual cost for the game now is $79.89. Surely they're not going to charge me a price greater than what is currently listed, and will instead nock is down and charge me the amount that totals the current price + 20% off, right? Right?

...I'd better keep an eye on my credit card charges...

So I just noticed my pre-order for Mario Odyssey from Amazon is still $83.88 ($99.99 original price + 20% off for being a Prime Member). The actual cost for the game now is $79.89. Surely they're not going to charge me a price greater than what is currently listed, and will instead nock is down and charge me the amount that totals the current price + 20% off, right? Right?

I'd talk to CS and get them to change it if I were you.

Dazzler

I’m on freedom using an iPhone 8+. Whenever I’m out and about and connected to LTE any phone call I get goes straight to voice mail. How awesome is that? Text messages often don’t come in until hours later too

If it’s true they’re raising prices, they need to sort their shit out ASAP. I need the data and they’re the only provider offering that much at a somewhat affordable price

Dazzler

Just checked mine and I’m in the exact same situation as you

Blam

If you buy it digital from the UK it should be a lot cheaper.

i-Jest

Wtf, Amazon just shipped EO5, but I noticed in my email that the 20% E3 discount was only $7.

If only Bestbuy had the game listing up in time for E3. I didn't want to do a lot of my orders with Amazon in June this year because of potential for a miscalculated discount.

It's such a hassle to fight CSR for something that should have been correct the first time around.

Porkepik

If only Bestbuy had the game listing up in time for E3. I didn't want to do a lot of my orders with Amazon in June this year because of potential for a miscalculated discount.

It's such a hassle to fight CSR for something that should have been correct the first time around.
Did not even order anything this year except the 50$ games. Will be canceling my prime in a month. They have lost my usual purchases due to their change in policy and all the not really 20% depending on the msrp and final price . My previous years orders were in the 400-500$ Price range . With all the shipping delays (even with prime. My GTS will hopefully be here by friday, south park it says 26 oct-2 nov). I m much better of buying on bestbuy or even EB and use their incentives. I have so many games to play anyway that I should be more picky

Had three items that I ordered release yesterday.

Two games NBA 2k18 and South Park.
One movie: Spider-Man: Homecoming

All three shipped with Canada Post from three separate stores; Amazon, Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

I didn't receive any of them yesterday.

It's not the worst thing in the world and I will probably get all three today but this used to never be a problem and now I seem to not be getting anything on release.

CRA5H

Just picked up GT Sport and was considering getting a racing wheel but never have because of the price though. I was looking at the T150 but reviews said it was cheap quality and considering it's $199 on sale at BB (now sold out), sounds like a steep price.
Are these even worth it? I've tried a T300 a few years ago and it seemed solid.. but damn that price.

saskuatch

Anyone else preorder from walmart.ca? I pre-ordered destiny 2 PC from then during e3 promo and wondering when I can actually expect it. Never ordered from Walmart before

Thanks. I'll probably just buy a cheap, crappy game and swap it out. It's pretty outrageous what people are asking for empty cases on Amazon and eBay.

I would ask at your local eb if they could give you an empty case.

I wanted to buy a FIFA game for $1.99 but the guy ended up giving me an empty case from the backstore.

Porkepik

Just picked up GT Sport and was considering getting a racing wheel but never have because of the price though. I was looking at the T150 but reviews said it was cheap quality and considering it's $199 on sale at BB (now sold out), sounds like a steep price.
Are these even worth it? I've tried a T300 a few years ago and it seemed solid.. but damn that price.
I have a T150 (bought it for 240 last march) and I m very happy about it. However I bought a driving stand on amazon it helps a lot to make it sturdy . I don’t play that much driving games so for what I play its more than enoug (driveclub ,dirt rally and GTS when I get it) Immersion in VR with the wheel is great. It is really more intuitive to play with the wheel and I think its worth it if budget is not that much an issue. Force feedback is strong enough and it is not that cheap build. However I m not used to more expensive wheels and for my use I think it would be overkill even if I m able to buy anything I want. Pedals seem a bit more cheap than the wheel itself though.

CRA5H

Holy crap... changing a payment method on a walmart.ca order was unbearable.
I literally clicked one button to change the payment method on an amazon order.

With Walmart, I just spent about 30 minutes talking to them to change a payment method since my CC got compromised.

Get with the times Walmart! FFS.

dwsn

Neo Member
Anyone else preorder from walmart.ca? I pre-ordered destiny 2 PC from then during e3 promo and wondering when I can actually expect it. Never ordered from Walmart before

I've preordered 4 or 5 games from Walmart and I believe I received them all on the release date. Most recently I received Shadow of War on the release day, but I didn't get a tracking notification in my email until the day after.

CRA5H

I have a T150 (bought it for 240 last march) and I m very happy about it. However I bought a driving stand on amazon it helps a lot to make it sturdy . I don’t play that much driving games so for what I play its more than enoug (driveclub ,dirt rally and GTS when I get it) Immersion in VR with the wheel is great. Force feedback is strong enough and it is not that cheap build. However I m not used to more expensive wheels. Pedals seem a bit more cheap than the wheel itself though.
Thanks, it seems the pedals are the worst thing about this. I'm sure this plus VR would give quite the VR experience. Cheers!

Porkepik

Thanks, it seems the pedals are the worst thing about this. I'm sure this plus VR would give quite the VR experience. Cheers!
Unless you have a kid hammering on it I don’t think it will be an issue but it definitely has a very plasticky feel to it
You can always upgrade the pedals in time if you want with a T3PA so I did not consider their cheapness as an issue as you can upgrade them in due time if you really like plaing with the wheel

saskuatch

I've preordered 4 or 5 games from Walmart and I believe I received them all on the release date. Most recently I received Shadow of War on the release day, but I didn't get a tracking notification in my email until the day after.

Great sounds good

Top Bottom