• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

jaxxs

Neo Member
Anyone else preorder from walmart.ca? I pre-ordered destiny 2 PC from then during e3 promo and wondering when I can actually expect it. Never ordered from Walmart before

It depends where you live, the games get shipped from mississauga, I'm from alberta and they only shipped out my gt sport monday night with expected delivery of friday. I believe people that live in ontario normally get it on release day.

Holy crap... changing a payment method on a walmart.ca order was unbearable.
I literally clicked one button to change the payment method on an amazon order.

With Walmart, I just spent about 30 minutes talking to them to change a payment method since my CC got compromised.

Get with the times Walmart! FFS.

Of all the other stores, Walmart's ecommerce platform is easily the worst. You basically can't do anything with your orders.

NYR

I've preordered 4 or 5 games from Walmart and I believe I received them all on the release date. Most recently I received Shadow of War on the release day, but I didn't get a tracking notification in my email until the day after.
You must live in Ontario. The rest of the country is screwed.

$205 is the amount that EB is offering my friend for his Xbox One S. That's what they were offering during the deal, right?

He wants to do it now while he waits for the X.

CRA5H

$205 is the amount that EB is offering my friend for his Xbox One S. That's what they were offering during the deal, right?

Yes. Just traded in my PS4 yesterday towards the xbx. Comes up to like $230

Lothars

They were offering 200 trade in value for original xbox one's and not sure what they were offering for Xbox One S but I believe it was more than that.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That's real fucking ballsy of them, considering how shit the non-LTE network is and how phones not specifically purchased from Freedom still have problems staying on LTE.

My wife switched from Freedom in August because of how shitty her reception would be in downtown Ottawa. If there's any place that should not have shit reception, the downtown of a major city should be it. She was lucky to even get away zone reception, let alone home zone.

Raising prices is the last thing Freedom should be doing right now.

I’m on freedom using an iPhone 8+. Whenever I’m out and about and connected to LTE any phone call I get goes straight to voice mail. How awesome is that? Text messages often don’t come in until hours later too

If it’s true they’re raising prices, they need to sort their shit out ASAP. I need the data and they’re the only provider offering that much at a somewhat affordable price

That used to happen to my wife too, even when she was getting home zone reception, all calls would go straight to her voicemail, it was extremely frustrating.

If there's anyone in the Ottawa area looking for a new plan, consider Videotron, their plans are amazing. My wife and I switched in August and they're honestly the best wireless provider I've ever been with. Previously I was with Rogers for more than 12 years, and I just got sick and tired of their bullshit overpriced share everything plans. Videotron was a major breath of fresh air.

explodet

Fire Emblem Warriors is one of those games that needs to be played Day One in my household, so here's hoping Amazon gets off their ass (but they probably won't).

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone received their South Park Towelie pre-order code from Amazon?

Echoing what stan_marsh said, the Towelie bonus code and Stick of Truth full game download are included in the case. I didn't pre-order and was surprised to see both from the copy I picked up at Walmart early yesterday morning.

I have a question about trade credit at ebgames when it's on a preorder. I have Mario Odyssey preordered and paid off with trade credit. I kinda want to change the preorder to Fire Emblem and get Mario digitally when it comes out. Will I have to pay the tax on the $80 even though Mario was fully paid off with credit? I know when you put trade credit on an edge card, it loses the "credit amount + tax" aspect, but how about when changing to a different preorder?

Lexxism

I have a question about trade credit at ebgames when it's on a preorder. I have Mario Odyssey preordered and paid off with trade credit. I kinda want to change the preorder to Fire Emblem and get Mario digitally when it comes out. Will I have to pay the tax on the $80 even though Mario was fully paid off with credit? I know when you put trade credit on an edge card, it loses the "credit amount + tax" aspect, but how about when changing to a different preorder?
No. As long as you didn't put the credit on your edge card. You save on tax

So, I am in the process of rebranding my gaming website. Currently, it is Console Creatures (a relic) I want to move to something different - more in line with Kotaku, Polygon, Waypoint.

Yet here I am struggling with a name to even start with. This will be fun

i-Jest

So, I am in the process of rebranding my gaming website. Currently, it is Console Creatures (a relic) I want to move to something different - more in line with Kotaku, Polygon, Waypoint.

Player 2
Master Blaster
16 Bit
Press Start
Pause Button

Bazinga!

j/k....please don't do that to yourself, or others.

shira

websites are kind of relics, kids love them youtubes and twitch reaction videos

Console Critters

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Apparently you can't get it if you didn't redeem the code? I'm not sure how it works. I've certainly haven't had it drop anyway.
You can definitely get the gun as a regular drop. It's raining exotics in Destiny 2 as well, won't be long before one pops up.

Luigi87

Amazon finally updated FE:W. Even with Express Shipping, it "Will Ship: Oct 23"
I mean I expected no less of course~

Seik

Banned
Amazon fucked up my South Park shipment.

It shipped on the 17th and is planned to arrive on Wednesday...next week!!!

I contacted them and the CSR told me that it was a high demand product with a first come first served basis. I told her that her point doesn't stand since.

-I ordered the game in 2016.
-It's already shipped, the problem isn't supply, it's the shipment's speed itself.

Then she offered me 5 bucks and told me that she accelerate the shipment...but I doubt you can accelerate what is already shipped.

I contacted them and the CSR told me that it was a high demand product with a first come first served basis. I told her that her point doesn't stand since.

-It's already shipped, the problem isn't supply, it's the shipment's speed itself.

Then she offered me 5 bucks and told me that she accelerate the shipment...but I doubt you can accelerate what is already shipped.

Enjoy the $5 and I assume a heavily discounted price already. Other retailers wouldn't have even bothered to do that :(.

It's really luck of the draw on preorder shipping these days.

Aske

Rhombus
Blumpkin
Kiwami

You're welcome!

zeitgeist

Yeah mine won't be in until next Tuesday which sucks but I got it for $40 even with tax so I'm okay with the wait.

baconcow

Wow. Didn't notice PayPal changed their friends and family fees, here in Canada, when sending internationally (even to the USA). Use it a lot on small purchases in the BST here, on GAF. Used to be about $0.01 CAD fee for ever dollar spent. Now the fee is equal to the payment sent, up to $2.99 CAD. Brutal for small purchases.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wow. Didn't notice PayPal changed their friends and family fees, here in Canada, when sending internationally (even to the USA). Use it a lot on small purchases in the BST here, on GAF. Used to be about $0.01 CAD fee for ever dollar spent. Now the fee is equal to the payment sent, up to $2.99 CAD. Brutal for small purchases.
Better off using Interac e transfers then. At TD It's $0.50 per transfer under $100 and $1 for transfers over $100.

krae_man

I can confirm that freedom is getting iPhones, stores are being told to tell customers it’s coming soon, most likely will release more information closer to iPhone Xs launch date. Also can confirm plans will be going up on the 19th, if any of you are looking at that $50 plan it’ll be $100 on the 19th

That's not true.

$59 plan goes to $60 and removes the US roaming which you can add for $20/month.

Basically what's happening is they are adding a bunch of higher gig plans for higher prices if people want them.

Also they are adding some plans that are data and text only and pay per minute for calling which is a neat idea that works great for some people.

There were a few promo prices and data bonuses on the old plans which I'm sure will happen with these from time to time as well.

Edit: looks like they also offer increased subsidies on higher priced plans too.

Seik

Banned
Amazon is fucking up my Fire Emblem Warriors order as well.

So I contacted them.

'' Arriving 24 Oct - 25 Oct ''

''We're sorry if you're disappointed with the shipment's speed, however this game isn't eligible for release day delivery.''

''Sure, but shouldn't I receive it on Monday?''

''Since you're a long time customer, I did put your shipment under a faster delivery method.''

*Looks at order page*

'' Arriving 24 Oct - 25 Oct ''

''But the delivery estimate is still the same.''

''We're sorry, but I cannot offer a quicker delivery than this.''

''Well, this is a bit disappointing, but thank you for trying.''

''Have a nice day!''

Amazon losing points....at least I'm getting the game with a heavy discount thanks to E3+Prime glitch.

tsundoku

cnsl crtrz

yw/

I stopped ordering physical games off of Amazon because (forget release day arrival) Amazon decided to start shipping games multiple days to a week AFTER launch. I assume others have had the same experience in this thread?
Switch or PS4 or 3ds.
I live in a remote area where I never expected release day arrival and they've slowly been taking shipping options away from me as I assume they transition to that garbage DHL service? I can't even pay extra for priority shipping anymore, its just listed as free and fucking 3 to 8 business days for arrival.
I can still order household supplies cheaper then at my local stores thankfully, but they forced me to get prime in the first place to preorder a switch so I won't be renewing

Top Bottom