• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

jrush64

Banned
I pre-ordered my collectors edition the moment it was up. But now its saying expected delivery November 25.

I'm just gonna cancel it and get the regular edition.

Hikami

Man, have to wait til Tuesday here.. Have enough things to keep me busy til then at least.

I made an EU account just to get that PS4 theme-- Since it seems like you still can't get it in NA.
Looks nice but I wish you could just set it to one character instead of having it cycle through all of them. Then the music playing is eh..
cydfoOu.jpg

jdevil99

So stoked to play this when I get back from my 2 week work trip to NY. The urge to play this is quite strong but I held off on bringing my ps4 with me so I can play it in a proper environment, which is at my house and not random hotel rooms. Hopefully my CE comes in the mail not dinged up this time.

I'm curious how strong of a PC it takes to play this game at 4k with it's 30fps limit...Tempted to get the PC version over the PS4 version just out of curiosity

I wonder if Graces will forever be the bar when it comes to Tales battle systems. Either it's disappointing because it's not like Graces, or good because it's similar or better than Graces.

Out of the entries I've played, I'd probably say Xillia 2's combat system is a close second for me.

Demonfang

Banned
UK GAF, has anyone ordered the CE from amazon UK? Mine still hasn't shipped and it says it will be here tomorrow (friday) will i be ok?

Wingus

Got my copy of Tales of Zestiria and Dragon Quest Heroes today here in the UK :)

But my main priority at the moment is Legend of Legacy. Still, should keep me busy till Fallout 4

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'm curious how strong of a PC it takes to play this game at 4k with it's 30fps limit...Tempted to get the PC version over the PS4 version just out of curiosity

I am considering the same. I mean, its originally a PS3 game, my PC should beat this down to submission.

There are several small things wrong with it, but I still like it more than at least half the games in the series. The main letdown for me was the skill system. The battle system, while good and better than most TP-based Tales games, is a bummer after Graces too. The camera issues in battle are pretty irritating as well.

I still like the game and would recommend it over a bunch of others.

This is where I stand. I liked the game a lot and think it's still better than a great deal of Tales games.

Stuart444

UK GAF, has anyone ordered the CE from amazon UK? Mine still hasn't shipped and it says it will be here tomorrow (friday) will i be ok?

Mines shipped yesterday. Maybe yours will ship later tonight via courier. That's what usually happens when I order something and it hasn't shipped the day before release. Overnight shipping and delivery.

My guess is not very strong, but who knows, it could be super terrible optimization-wise.

Taking next week off work... not for the sole purpose of playing ToZ mind you, but that's certainly what I'll be doing most of the time!

MSMrRound

Is this the first Tales game with dual audio?

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles had them too.

Tales of Graces F's combat was ace, and I liked that each character had at least 4 different mystic artes to draw from. Not too fond of the way how some of the monsters later on requires a Nova attack to break their shields in order for you to attack them though.

Story is "friendship power go!" almost all of the way though.

Faenix1

I still can't decide if I should preorder this. Anyone know how it compares to Graces F and XIllia? (Only two I played, prolly gonna buy Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia 2 shortly)

Seronei

My guess is not very strong, but who knows, it could be super terrible optimization-wise.

Taking next week off work... not for the sole purpose of playing ToZ mind you, but that's certainly what I'll be doing most of the time!

The system reqs are really low though, makes me think it won't be completely awfully optimized.

JJP12

Great OT! The game sounds like it's going to be really fun. I'm hoping it will be even better than Tales of Hearts R. Next Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Hikami

Just wondering; would it be possible to do "online co-op" on PS4 via Share play?
Haven't even tried using Share play on my PS4 yet but from what I know, you can play local co-op games basically online through that right?

Zankou

My PS3 CE shipped today. Should arrive tomorrow, yay!

I have already played the japanese version and loved it. I'm excited to play it again in my language with english dub.

Zafir

Sucks that neither of my copies will be available to play tomorrow. D:

Come on Amazon.de! Ordered the CE from there since it was cheaper than buying it in the UK, but they still haven't dispatched it. x.x

TheTrain

Pre ordered on Steam, why there is the 16th as a date into the OP:

Release Dates:
- Europe: Oct. 16th

That's what I see on the Steam page:

Available: 20 October
This game will unlock in approximately 5 days and 4 hours

Seronei

Steam release is 4 days after the ps4/ps3 release :(

Hows the performance on PS4 those of you that have gotten it? Solid 30 no drops?

RPGCrazied

Does this game have fast travel?

Know what I miss? Air travel. Give me something to fly on and explore the world.

I will always love Symphonia/Vesperia for that.

Yazuka

I still haven't decided if I should get the CE or the regular edition. I don't think the CE is worth the extra cash. But a part of me wants it.

Cornbread78

Steam release is 4 days after the ps4/ps3 release :(

Hows the performance on PS4 those of you that have gotten it? Solid 30 no drops?

PC, and NA, is the 20th.

Thanks for pointing that out. I updated the OP appropriately.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
got my ps4 game from amazon.de today and played around an hour. I really enjoyed that hour. liked the fighting, the graphic is not a final fantasy XV but enjoyable and clean..

RPGCrazied

I still haven't decided if I should get the CE or the regular edition. I don't think the CE is worth the extra cash. But a part of me wants it.

The bluray makes it so much easier to decide. At least for me. Anime is pretty expensive on bluray, add the fact the only way to get this bluray is from the CE.

MilkBeard

Is this the first Tales game with dual audio?

Nice, I was just about to ask, as I didn't see it in the OP. I was hoping for dual audio because the voices seem a bit cheesetastic. We'll see once I play the full game though. Maybe it will be overall better than the clips in the trailer.

Labadal

My copy won't arrive until next week. Not a big problem since I will be playing Dragon Quest Heroes first. I will keep up with the thread and read impressions.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm curious how the PC version turned out. If it's a good port, I'll get that version, but you can never quite guess with JP-developed games.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Got the game early today on PS4, looks and plays very good, for now solid 30 fps. It looks really nice on my big screen.

Yazuka

The bluray makes it so much easier to decide. At least for me. Anime is pretty expensive on bluray, add the fact the only way to get this bluray is from the CE.

Yeah, that's the point when I started to want the CE. Since I'm from Sweden, from the start we where only getting a crappy DVD. But after they announced we would get a blu-ray too, it felt more worthwhile. But still... The extra cost for the collection is about the cost of one new game here in Sweden. =/

Ken

I hate the "OT goes up a day before release instead of a week" change. I get taken by surprise by all the releases now!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Played it for half an hour so far. I'm surprised how nice and clean it looks, at least in the first dungeon. Looked a bit rougher outside. I can definitely see where people's complaints about the camera come from, would have prefered separate arenas.

Well, and above all: Fuck Namco for blocking the ability to take screenshots/record videos on PS4. It seems like they went out of their way to annoy me.

Top Bottom