• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Falk

that puzzling face
7gRqqo2.gif

4 more days until the steam release

Oh man, that plus avatar killed me.

migs

Neo Member
I'm still on the fence on buying this for PC right now.
Honestly, still playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
So chances are, I'll play this in December or so.
Probably will see a price drop.

Last Tales Of game I played was Xillia as well.

Wait, so you guys that are playing it early are EU, right? If not, I feel like I need to run down to Best Buy lol.

Then again, I feel like I should get this on PC to show support - besides, Symphonia as a preorder bonus seems like a fantastic deal.

emigre

Got my copy today. Game seems decent enough compared to past entries.

Pretty weird to get a Tales of before the US.

Rainy

Banned
Excited for this as I am for all Tales games. Probably will pick it up in a few months as the price drops. School keeping me busy plus I just picked up Bayonetta 2.

Nice OT though! I also enjoy the punny title.

I'm still on the fence on buying this for PC right now.
Honestly, still playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
So chances are, I'll play this in December or so.
Probably will see a price drop.

Last Tales Of game I played was Xillia as well.

But if you buy now you'll get two games and some DLC for the price of one so...

Knurek

There are several small things wrong with it, but I still like it more than at least half the games in the series. The main letdown for me was the skill system. The battle system, while good and better than most TP-based Tales games, is a bummer after Graces too. The camera issues in battle are pretty irritating as well.

I still like the game and would recommend it over a bunch of others.

Aeana, how does the game compare to Abyss?

I mean the parts that are good interest me in Tales games - characters, skits, voice actors?

What's the word on story/characters? That is the biggest draw for me.

I really like this cast, and I think Sorey is a good Tales protagonist especially compared to the last handful of games.

The story pacing suffers in the back half of the game, but I really enjoyed the ride compared to Xillia and Xillia 2.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The picture in the OP under characters made me think Sorey was left handed.

Disappointed!

Apt101

This is coming to the PS4? Alright. I was going Steam but I'd rather RPG on the couch. Plus I really need a JRPG for my PS4.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
everyone in the village was send out to look for the helios(?) that seems to be roaming around the village
really early game spoiler.

So far I honestly love the game. Nice graphic, lovable characters..can't wait to play more tomorrow. But for know I have to go to bed :/

Shouta

What's the word on story/characters? That is the biggest draw for me.

Story is pretty underwhelming and really need more time in the oven. What's there works I guess but it's pretty disappointing when you consider how much more interesting it could have been. Characters are OK-ish. Edna is the best of the cast. Sorey and Mikleo are OK too but the others sorta awful.

Mifec

Story is pretty underwhelming and really need more time in the oven. What's there works I guess but it's pretty disappointing. Characters are OK-ish. Edna is the best of the cast. Sorey and Mikleo are OK too but the others sorta awful.
Too bad she has a legit horrible design, are her other outfits good?

Shouta

Too bad she has a legit horrible design, are her other outfits good?

Eh, her design and outfits are OK. The boots are just a little odd though. It could be way worse. I never had other outfits for her so I don't know.

For whatever reason, I've become burned out on the Tales series. The recent releases haven't been great and all previews of this haven't exactly inspired me, wo I won't be getting this tomorrow. So this will actually be the first Tales game (across multiple platforms) that I haven't bought on release ever since Symphonia, which was also my first Tales game.

That's not to say I'll never play this. I'll probably pick it up at some point. Just no interest at the moment.

That's how I'm feeling as well. While I've liked the last few Tales games it's hard to ignore how mediocre they've all been. I'll pick up Zestiria at some point but it's not a Day One purchase for me anymore.

Cornbread78

Wow o_O

And they still couldn't get the JP Opening song ( voiced )

I'll remember xillia 2 as the only one where taking screenshots was possible and deal with it i guess.
A total shame.

There are a couple unofficial English voice overs on YouTube, but they are pretty bad...

I was hoping this was going to be good but with no advance reviews im worried.

Not a single one online at the time this was posted... Most likely, they will be out Tues. with NA/Steam launch.

There's a whole world of impressions of the Japanese version already though.

True, but there is a little extra hate there from thr Japanese market, so the scores ar really skewed, lol.

EU/NA reviews will probably harp on the 30fps..

I sure hope the PC version turns out good. Pre-ordered it on steam because it was cheaper and it comes with Symphonia.

I wonder if anyone will be able to mod the PC version to enable 60 fps.

Faenix1

Having trouble deciding if I should get it now or wait till it's cheaper. Do we know how the Alisha DLC is gonna be distributed? Like, do I have to own the game to get it free or will it just show up on PSN?

Is the game event worth it for full price?

Flarin

Yes! Been waiting on this OT for a while :)

The Xillia series really bummed me out so here's hoping Zestiria returns the series to form. Looks awesome from everything I've seen so far!

nikos

I sort of forgot about this until I saw it at Comic Con last weekend. Played one battle and said "ok, I'll buy it."

For some reason, I never finished any of the Tales games I started. Hopefully this changes that.

jrcbandit

Haven't been able to finish a Tales game since Vesperia. Hope this one is alot better than Graces and Xillia 1/2. At the very least, I can use trainers on the PC version if the game becomes too big of a grind...

Lucreto

Got my dispatch notice from Amazon UK. Since they cheaped out on delivery to Ireland I won't get it until the 25th.

I am still waiting for Uncharted to arrive.

Gala

Story is pretty underwhelming and really need more time in the oven. What's there works I guess but it's pretty disappointing when you consider how much more interesting it could have been. Characters are OK-ish. Edna is the best of the cast. Sorey and Mikleo are OK too but the others sorta awful.

How would you say is the pacing of the story? Is it always going on and motivating enough to keep on playing?

kewlmyc

Thanks for the credit even though I didn't do anything really :p

Can't wait to play this game. Hopefully the characters are fun.

Anyone know if the Mystic Arts DLC comes with day one copies of the PS4 version in NA? (I really want that theme)

Didn't pre order it, was just going to grab it at Best Buy on the way home from classes on Tuesday.

Flarin

I'm just excited to play a good jrpg on my PS4 finally. It's also my first full price digital purchase from PSN, lol.

Same! We've had some cool side games and spin-offs, but this is the first true blue mainline JRPG entry on PS4 so far (if memory serves me right).

Zekes!

I was thinking of grabbing this because I need something to play on my PS4 now that I'm done MGSV. Last Tales game I played was Graces and I liked it for what it was. Battle system was great too. I skipped Xillia 1 and 2. I guess I'll have a few days to see what other people's reactions are

Shepard

Tales of Phantasia is one of my favorite games of all time. Hated Tales of the Abyss on the PS2, but quite liked Legendia. I'm really excited to play Zestiria to scratch the "big RPG" itch left after I finished PoEternity.

Top Bottom