• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Saphirax

Played it for half an hour so far. I'm surprised how nice and clean it looks, at least in the first dungeon. Looked a bit rougher outside. I can definitely see where people's complaints about the camera come from, would have prefered separate arenas.

Well, and above all: Fuck Namco for blocking the ability to take screenshots/record videos on PS4. It seems like they went out of their way to annoy me.

Wat. Seriously? :/

RPGCrazied

Played it for half an hour so far. I'm surprised how nice and clean it looks, at least in the first dungeon. Looked a bit rougher outside. I can definitely see where people's complaints about the camera come from, would have prefered separate arenas.

Well, and above all: Fuck Namco for blocking the ability to take screenshots/record videos on PS4. It seems like they went out of their way to annoy me.

Why does it look "rough" outside? Also, do you see AA being used?

Stuart444

Really? :(

Jucksalbe

Banned
Any ideas what the day one patch does?

From the update history:

• Improved stability when using special Artes
  • Improved stability during exploration
  • Adjusted Share features in Alisha's Episode Malevolent Crucible (I guess remove them?)
  • Adjusted character icons in UI for equipment items
  • Improved compatibility with Alisha's Episode add-on
  • Improved add-on installation when booting the application with add-on already purchased
  • Improved UI browsing
  • Fixed voice over issues
  • Fixed ambient sound issues
  • Improved Russian localization
  • Fixed camera issues (haha)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Why does it look "rough" outside? Also, do you see AA being used?

Not an expert on these graphic features, so not sure about AA. But outside you have those grass textures that just scream "PS3!" a bit more than in the narrow spaces inside. Game definitely looks better than Xillia, though.

Holmes

Sony allows developers to block screenshots and video????
Yes, especially if the content is copyrighted. Like if certain music plays. Or even if the lyrics appear in text (like when Ace sang the Bump of Chicken song in Type-0 through text).

RPGCrazied

Not an expert on these graphic features, so not sure about AA. But outside you have those grass textures that just scream "PS3!" a bit more than in the narrow spaces inside. Game definitely looks better than Xillia, though.

If it doesn't have AA, you could clearly tell just by looking at the character models. I'm sure it runs/looks miles better than the PS3 version.

Being in 1080p already says a lot.

Yes, especially if the content is copyrighted. Like if certain music plays. Or even if the lyrics appear in text (like when Ace sang the Bump of Chicken song in Type-0 through text).

I actually thought that Type-0 censor was some weird story thing that I didn't get. That's hilarious that it's some licensing thing.

Just tried it. Remote Play works.

Okay now you need to tell me:

- How is the control scheme? And when in battle are they responsive enough?

- Does it look too small on the screen?

Like I said before I plan on playing most, if not all of the game on the Vita so I really want to know lol.

Shahed

For whatever reason, I've become burned out on the Tales series. The recent releases haven't been great and all previews of this haven't exactly inspired me, wo I won't be getting this tomorrow. So this will actually be the first Tales game (across multiple platforms) that I haven't bought on release ever since Symphonia, which was also my first Tales game.

That's not to say I'll never play this. I'll probably pick it up at some point. Just no interest at the moment.

Faenix1

^That's pretty much where I'm at. I can't decide if I should get this now or wait till it's on sale down the line.

Though I've only played Graces F and Xillia so it's not like I got a lot of experience with the series.

bobohoro

Nice OT!

Will get the game next week. Although I'm not too excited about it, really, but couldn't really pass up the pricing mistake Amazon made.

Well, can't be worse than Hearts R and I still managed to enjoy half of that game.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Okay now you need to tell me:

- How is the control scheme? And when in battle are they responsive enough?

- Does it look too small on the screen?

Like I said before I plan on playing most, if not all of the game on the Vita so I really want to know lol.

I never use Remote Play, so not sure how responsive it would usually be and I think I have this connected through the internet instead of directly, so I don't want to comment on that. It looked okay when I ran around the field just now (didn't try a battle, though, since there's none available in the near area).
Not sure how much you can customize controls in Remote Play, but when I played I constantly opened the map (I think that's normally R2 or maybe L2) because that's set to the rear touchpad.

I hope someone can try this in more detail to give you better impressions.

khaaan

Oh god, I just realized how busy the next couple months are for releases.

The game will most likely wont be at my doorstep till the end of the month though so at least I have a couple weeks to get through Dragon Quest Heroes.

twisteh

So excited for this,been waiting ages for proper jrpgs to arrive on PS4 :) just got an email from Amazon saying it will be here tomorrow. Now, it was only this year that I really started loving jrpgs so the only Tales game I've played is Abyss on the 3ds - any tips or general good advice for a first time player to the series?

Zhao_Yun

Although I didn't like Xillia and Xillia 2 that much I decided to keep my pre-order so I should get it tomorrow. Hope I won't regret it ;)

How does this game compare compare to Tales of the Abyss?
I'd like to get into the Tales games but only tried Abyss and did not like it all.

I'll be getting a PS4 at some point before the end of the year, and when I do, this will be among my first game purchases.

I am a big fan of the Tales Of games, and I want to experience this one on a PS4.

oRuin

Nice OT. I completely forgot this was coming out so soon. I'm gonna have to pick this up once I have finished p4g.

Datschge

To put a positive spin on the game's staff:
Tales of Zestiria
Produced by Baba
Scenario by the "Team Symphonia" leader and the writer of Xillia 2 (Takashi Hasegawa, Naoki Yamamoto)
Orchestrated Music and Vocal Songs by the composer of Legendia (Go Shiina)
Art Direction by the creator of Vesperia (Minoru Iwamoto)
Game Design by the lead planner of Graces (Tatsuro Udo)
Music by the series composer (Motoi Sakuraba)
Directed by the planners of Hearts and Graces (Yuuta Hase, Yoshimasa Tanaka, Mari Miyata)
Animation by ufotable, Concept Design by RED Entertainment, Character Models by flightUNIT

Top Bottom