• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An actual Games on Demand sale next week! $4/$5 games! Finally Microsoft!

inky

Was hoping for Vanquish, Bayonetta or stuff like that, not this crap.

Hard to believe I actually bought (and still own on disc) Kameo, PDZ, Table Tennis, Conan, GRAW & PoP. Those were different times for sure.

I can't believe it room this long. Agree with the lackluster list though. I will pick up dark void for 5 bucks though. I enjoyed it a bit during a rental.

Docpan

The worst motherfucking games, and releases that are older than Jesus. PSN is putting out top-tier games released last year for FREE to PSN+ users, and MS decides to toss out some table scraps and still charge for it.

Dick move.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Bomberman!? never knew there was one on 360 on demand. Probably would have got it when I had my 360. Is it any good?

It is not the bomberman you are looking for...

bomberman.jpg

I dunno, Bionic Commando, Conan, Dark Void, Kameo, PDZ, PoP, Table Tennis, Sega Tennis, GRAW, and VT2009 are all worth 5 bucks.

I think im gonna pick up quite a few of these, just on the hope that they do this stuff more often, haha.

arent most of these already $5 at gamestop?
I just saw Kameo and Conan for $4.50 each and I bought Dark Void for $7 like two years ago so I imagine it can't be too much more than $5 right now.

You know what they need to have here and what they would do if they were smart? Hitman Blood Money. The game came out in '06 for crying out loud and it would be perfect for getting people into the franchise for the new one coming soon.

fernoca

Hmmm..$5 Kameo...$4 Prince of Persia...

And yep, 'Party Animal's is the Viva Piñata party game".
Is fun, but yeah..multiplayer-affair for the most part.

Kujo

I had a lot of fun with Bionic Commando, even if it's rough around the edges, I would recommend it for $5, swinging mechanic is great.

Every game I'd want on this list I've already played though. Give us Banjo: Nuts and Bolts for $5 and I'll buy it again.

No. I had the game 5 years ago and it was a ghost town back then. On top of this, most of the Achievments are tied to it's online componant.

I'm pretty sure that you can get all achievements locally against bots.

I'll definitely double dip on Table Tennis, and maybe PDZ.

I should note I still have Table Tennis hard copy. NEVER trading that in. GOTG.

Yeah, it's a near perfect table tennis game. I can understand why Rockstar didn't bother making another one, because there isn't much more they could do with it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, cool. I might pick up Kameo and PoP.

How does PDZ single player hold up?

Shit here! Come get your shit! Only $5 apiece for the ripest shit you've ever seen!

Hey, Kameo, PoP 2008 and Table Tennis aren't shit.

Hell, even GRAW is pretty great, if only for nostalgia purposes. Still remember being blown away by the demo, the visuals, animation, etc.

Dat first real taste of next gen.

legacyzero

Banned
does PDZ still have a online community?
Not really. I hope that this will get some people playing though.

Even still, you can add bots in place of real players, so it's got some staying power, and the bots aren't pants-on-head retarded.

Close though.

If you liked the first games SP, you probably wont like PDZ's. It makes no sense, and overall just shitty. Multiplayer with players and bots is where it's at. Game plays a bit like crap, but that's to be expected for a game that literally came out as a launch title..

vireland

Bomberman!? never knew there was one on 360 on demand. Probably would have got it when I had my 360. Is it any good?

If you like Bomberman, no.

Besides, this bombed so hard you can often get a physical copy for <$5 new if you can find it. Best Buy had it for like $2.99 at one time.

Fox Mulder

I just saw Kameo and Conan for $4.50 each and I bought Dark Void for $7 like two years ago so I imagine it can't be too much more than $5 right now.

You know what they need to have here and what they would do if they were smart? Hitman Blood Money. The game came out in '06 for crying out loud and it would be perfect for getting people into the franchise for the new one coming soon.

except that people might buy that hitman game because of their interest in the new one. The $15 xbox original copies of Max Payne 1 and 2 probably saw that bump from the third game coming out.

TheOGB

Banned
Will bite on Bionic Commando, and maybe PoP if it's PoP 08. But these definitely should be the new permanent prices. You on some ol' bullshit, M$.

Bomberman Act Zero for 400pts.

Yeah, ok. I'll bite.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO

Can't be said enough, but DO NOT DO IT. It's the Sonic 2006 of Bomberman (funnily enough, Sega realized how shitty Sonic 06 was and removed all of it from XBLA [and PSN IIRC])

KageMaru

Half of that is shit and the other half are games I've had for years, nice MS. /sarcasm

Oh and it can't be repeated enough, do not buy the abortion trying to pass itself off as a bomberman game.

It didn't hold up in 2005 and it sure as hell doesn't hold up now IMO.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man i wish i could buy some of those games but i have a US account even tough i'm from Chile, the region lock is a huge bummer for me. I tried once with a VPN but it didn't work, maybe i'll give it another go once the sale starts.

meanwhile in psn, even the tumbleweeds are still full price

kinda torn on this, I dont want XBL to become like steam, basically a haven of 99c worthless junk no one wants. OTOH, I like cheap stuff...

hmm, bionic commando...at one time that was a heavily hyped title...

Fox Mulder

I'll get Surf's Up and Bionic Commando. Not THAT bad of a sale

I got Bionic Commando years ago for $9 off newegg. It's a shit game that has some promising gameplay. Swinging around is fun and I would have liked to see a refined sequel. Too bad Grin shit out a bunch of bombs and closed.

There's puzzling plotholes that make you think whole levels were cut, THE laughable twist of the generation, random radiation death spots around the levels, and the worst boss finale I have ever played in a videogame ever. But the achievements are easy.

Why the hell isn't deathsmiles on sale? :mad:

It might sell a bit at regular price.

These games probably sell single digit numbers per year, and the only reason that they are on "sale" (four times cheaper) is that the promotion of the "sale" will mean they will likely sell 4 times more than they were, making MS free money on crap.

It is the dirtiest, most transparent, non-sale ever by MS.

Gazunta

I will personally hug anyone who buys Viva Piñata: Party Animals during this sale. Seriously.

WHO WANTS A GAZUNTA HUG

joshwaan

Wonder if us Australian's will get these sorter deals, I very much doubt it we always get fucked over one way or another. Sometimes I feel like moving lol :p

everyone who hasn't played Kameo should get it, for $5 its a steal, loved that game :D might rebuy

i wonder if people still play infected online for Perfect Dark Zero, game was awful yes but the online was addicting and fun, memories and this was in 2005 0_o time flies

Top Bottom