• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, can none of these media networks sue Trump for slander at some point? I mean, yeah he's the president, but this constant bashing of them has got to reach a boiling point for them at some point right?

They can call him out all they want but one of the only ways to really beat him at this game is in court, as we saw with the travel ban issue.

mo60

I haven't checked the demographic changes in Montana, but I always got the impression that Montana is the second state in the Rockies to one day become a blue state, after Colorado. It's odd too, since Idaho and Wyoming are far right on the spectrum.

The republicans don't usually win Montana on the presidential level now by a massive landslide compared to other states plain and rocky states like North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and etc.Montana is also usually more democratic then other plain and rocky state. The republicans even in a good presidential election can only win Montana by 10-20 points unlike in the GW Bush years even though trump did slightly better in terms of margin of victory in Montana then Bush did in 2004.

O I really hope this bites them in the ass. Cuz it sounds like if or when Trump is found guilty of treason, the GOP or at least some prominent members will go down with him.

However, that is the problem: who is going to open any investigation? The GOP certainly is not. And the Trump supporters in various branches of the government will not and will snuff at those who would.

Additionally, this past election has made me more and more upset about how ignorant the vast majority of the country is. People are happy about Pruitt at the EPA head for reasons ranging from "take that Libtards we won" to "global warming isnt real, show me the proof" to "Obama used the EPA not to protect the environment but to make polluters go out of business" and anywhere in between. Really, if you are that ignorant, maybe you shouldnt vote.

I haven't checked the demographic changes in Montana, but I always got the impression that Montana is the second state in the Rockies to one day become a blue state, after Colorado. It's odd too, since Idaho and Wyoming are far right on the spectrum.
When I looked into this (because it does sort of stick out compared to its neighbors) it's a combination of the old remnants of the union vote (we used to have the same thing in northern Idaho but that's gone now) and, like Colorado, it's had an influx of young professionals who got priced out of the coasts and moved to somewhere you can do outdoor adventure stuff, so moving to places like Missoula. Unlike Colorado it's not enough to make it a real purple state, but it's a big enough base to win statewide elections off of right now.

Jason Chaffetz Keeps Focus on What Really Matters: Hillary Clinton’s Emails
In recent weeks, the president of the United States has publicly abraded a private company for refusing to sell his daughter’s fashion line; had his senior adviser lobby CNN’s parent company (which has a proposed merger pending before the Executive branch) for more favorable news coverage; praised his former national security adviser’s (apparent) violation of the Logan Act; profited off payments from foreign governments in an apparent violation of the Constitution; and sent electronic messages over his unsecured, personal Android phone.

You may think some — or all — of those activities warrant congressional scrutiny. If so, then Jason Chaffetz has three words for you: “But her emails.”
On Thursday, the House Oversight chair formally asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions to convene a grand jury or charge Bryan Pagliano, the IT guy who helped set up Hillary Clinton’s private server at the State Department. Pagliano failed to comply with two subpoenas ordering him to appear before the Oversight Committee, leading the Republican-helmed panel to hold him in contempt of Congress.

Allowing Pagliano’s conduct “to go unaddressed would gravely harm Congress’s ability to conduct oversight,” Chaffetz explained in a statement.

Whether that ability would also be harmed by allowing a spineless, partisan hack to retain leadership of the Oversight Committee, Chaffetz did not say.
You'd think that if security concerns are so bad that the intelligence agencies withhold certain information from the president for fear of compromised individuals sharing it with foreign governments, that would warrant an investigation, right? Well, the president's a republican so

sangreal

Trump apparently posted, then deleted this tweet:

C45cvUuVUAEwRK6.jpg

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/832705063931895811

sounds more like a banana republic dictator every day

Lmo911

I'm kinda tired of all this dictatorship edging and sometimes wonder if it'd just be more of a relief for the Easy D to just go ahead and blow his whole dictatorship load, and make the country get off its fence, and choose sides.

While out of touch coastal elites have bemoaned Trump launching a drone strike against the offices of the NY Times, heartland Americans are still on board with him.

"Yeah, I'm okay with that," said Joe Ballsballs from West Virginia. "Obama said my mine couldn't dump mine waste into streams so Trump is okay with me."

Ballsballs and 13% of his fellow Americans continue to approve of Trump's actions, showing that liberals really need to leave their bubble.

The media really does go out of its way to find Trump supporters to write "some people still think Trump is awesome!"

I mean, over half of Republicans thought Nixon was awesome while he was being impeached and we didn't have articles like "most Republicans fine with breaking into DNC!"

And Nixon was less aggressive to the press in his comments than Trump is.

studyguy

The media really does go out of its way to find Trump supporters to write "some people still think Trump is awesome!"

I mean, over half of Republicans thought Nixon was awesome while he was being impeached and we didn't have articles like "most Republicans fine with breaking into DNC!"

Pretty much. Also Nixon still had plenty of GOP support behind him even through Watergate so people suddenly expecting a revolution need to get their heads checked.

It's not as if they have to search far and wide.

RUawg6s.png

My point is that it's impossible to not find strong supporters of the president at any given time so this genre of article where it goes "I found a supporter of the president, does that shock you?!?" is fucking stupid.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't be the only one who finds Trump being tsundere for CNN hilarious. Dude wants their approval so badly and keeps trying and failing to cover it with hostility. He might as well call them "b-b-b-baka!" at this point.

Paul Ryan's health care plan taxes health insurance benefits.

This would actually be great, but it's political suicide and means he'll have to throw his health care plan in the garbage and come up with something else.

Why is Paul Ryan so bad at making policies that can actually pass?

studyguy

Pigs revel sitting in the mud. Of course he revels in getting dirty even if he gets pissed. It's his element. My worry is that the sudden discharge of basically every question blasted on to Trump then summarily waived away in his stupid responses lessens the pressure.

Sure more questions pop up but the longer the cork is kept on the press the harder it is to ignore till we get these complete collapses. The after effects of this will basically dictate what happens in the next few months. If they find something hard on him great. If not we probably repeat this game a few months later.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Am I wrong to interpret that tweet as a sign some embarrassing/scandalous story is about to drop?

You aren't the only one, Frum seems to think Trump got wind of a big NYT/WaPo/CNN story in the pipe. Considering we've been having big stories drop on Friday nights for like the last year there might be some truth to it.

Personally, I'm not really sure. Trump might still be reacting to the last round of stories.

I can't be the only one who finds Trump being tsundere for CNN hilarious. Dude wants their approval so badly and keeps trying and failing to cover it with hostility. He might as well call them "b-b-b-baka!" at this point.

No, it's fairly obvious. Trump lives in a world where he's awesome and everyone loves him, he's always lived in that world. As a result he's spent most of his life chasing the love and respect of Manhattan's upper-crust elite. If you go and look at what he's done while in NYC over the years it's clear as day.

It seems lately he's replaced them with CNN though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Paul Ryan's health care plan taxes health insurance benefits.

This would actually be great, but it's political suicide and means he'll have to throw his health care plan in the garbage and come up with something else.

Why is Paul Ryan so bad at making policies that can actually pass?

That would be a disaster for so many people.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
How long until the first drone strike on a US media outlet?

Edit: god damn it itwasmeanttobe
I wanted to be first to absurdity (or is it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom