• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lower Trump's approval goes, the higher the probability that Trump will call for a bombing run of Iran tomorrow goes, just as a heads up.

When was Obama at 38? That seems obscenely low for him.

EBOLA

You know, the thing that cost the Dems three Senate seats and allowed Trump to form a cabinet and appoint a Supreme Court justice. The thing that was no threat to Americans but everyone freaked out because the blacks were bringing it to America and it was a black disease.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The graph is even better!

C44s-biVMAUgTcS.jpg
1/23 was the "give him a chance"

Pixieking

Banned
Abby D. Phillip ‏@abbydphillip 1m1 minute ago

Trump at Boeing: "In the old days when I made this speech I got paid a lot of money, now I have to do it for nothing."

something-something Hillary's paid speeches.

What a fucking arse.

Gruco

Banned
The lower Trump's approval goes, the higher the probability that Trump will call for a bombing run of Iran tomorrow goes, just as a heads up.

Regardless, dropping Trump's approval is the only tangible goal his opposition has right now, other than winning special elections as they come up.

EBOLA

You know, the thing that cost the Dems three Senate seats and allowed Trump to form a cabinet and appoint a Supreme Court justice. The thing that was no threat to Americans but everyone freaked out because the blacks were bringing it to America and it was a black disease.

I still can't believe how random and ridiculous this whole episode was. I mostly just tuned it out because it was so transparently stupid, but I guess one should never underestimate the power of the transparently stupid. It's so weird to think that this was such a driving force in 2014.

@NumbersMuncher
Per Gallup, number of months to hit sub-40 approval:
Carter 18
Reagan 24
HW Bush 38
Clinton 5
W Bush 58
Obama 31

Trump... less than 1.

It doesn't mean Trump will lose in 2020, but these are not good numbers to start out with since everything has been unforced issues on Trump's side.

Kaine seems safe for now.

https://poll.qu.edu/virginia/release-detail?ReleaseID=2430

It might be more helpful if they polled him against a more serious candidate, but then again the GOP seems to have no interest in doing that.

Those are pretty striking numbers, even this far away.

Crocodile

Anyone getting 45's scotus pick commercials?

I though he was a judge not a product at wal mart

Yeah I'm getting them too. I don't get what the point is. Do they think I'm now going to call my senator to tell them to vote for him? My Democratic Senator already won't and my Republican Senator will 100% LOL.

NeoXChaos

Kaine seems safe for now.

https://poll.qu.edu/virginia/release-detail?ReleaseID=2430

It might be more helpful if they polled him against a more serious candidate, but then again the GOP seems to have no interest in doing that.

So out of the open seats in red areas: AL, KS, OK, SD, TN, WY, GA which do you think the Democrats have a dark horse pickup?

All of them except for AL, SD & GA had a previous Democratic Governor as recently as 2011.

So out of the open seats in red areas: AL, KS, OK, SD, TN, WY, GA which do you think the Democrats have a dark horse pickup?

All of them except for SD & GA had a previous Democratic Governor as recently as 2011.

In GA would love to see Mayor Reed run for the Dems, probably the best candidate for that seat.

All of them except for AL, SD & GA had a previous Democratic Governor as recently as 2011.
Of those I would hope for Georgia - a Democrat winning any other state would probably be more circumstantial, whereas Georgia could be the start of a longer term trend. Also, it would simply be the most useful for redistricting purposes.

What the hell does testing responses even mean? Conservatives aren't enraged this morning. It's liberals. And liberals have been enraged at everything he's been doing ever since he got elected. I'm not sure whose "responses~" are being tested because the only time his base got mad (Devos) nothing ended up happening.

It's not about agreeing with Trump's goals, but his execution to right wing voters. I know a ton of Trump voters who are pissed at how much he's botching their total control of the government.

Bernie voting for Kelly is another moment in the "wait, why does this guy keep supporting things are that terrible for Hispanics" ad that Harris and Cortez Masto would pummel him with.

Bernie isn't going to run, Gillibrand is and that YouGov poll is just >_>

Bernie voting for Kelly is another moment in the "wait, why does this guy keep supporting things are that terrible for Hispanics" ad that Harris and Cortez Masto would pummel him with.

Bernie isn't going to run, Gillibrand is and that YouGov poll is just >_>

"Liberals" will conveniently forget Bernie voted for Kelly and continue to bemoan Democrats for "caving" for Trump.

"Liberals" will conveniently forget Bernie voted for Kelly and continue to bemoan Democrats for "caving" for Trump.

Bernie has never been seriously attacked on a national stage in his entire life so I am not really sure if this is true.

Hillary even held off from "this plan will increase a middle class family's tax burden by $5000 a year and take away their health insurance plan and increase the deficit to Japan levels." He's been handled with kids' gloves so far. Bernie shouting about immigrants stealing American jobs, dumping toxic waste in Hispanic neighborhoods, and voting in a DHS guy who wanted to use ground troops to round up immigrants is not gonna play very well especially when most of the Dem base is going to be caring a shit-ton about helping immigrants after four years of Trump.

He's not going to run, it's too risky to his reputation.

Bernie has never been seriously attacked on a national stage in his entire life so I am not really sure if this is true.

Hillary even held off from "this plan will increase a middle class family's tax burden by $5000 a year and take away their health insurance plan and increase the deficit to Japan levels." He's been handled with kids' gloves so far. Bernie shouting about immigrants stealing American jobs, dumping toxic waste in Hispanic neighborhoods, and voting in a DHS guy who wanted to use ground troops to round up immigrants is not gonna play very well especially when most of the Dem base is going to be caring a shit-ton about helping immigrants after four years of Trump.

He's not going to run, it's too risky to his reputation.

All of that is always conveniently ignored by "liberals"

How likely do you guys think it is that we pick up MT-AL this year?
Not super likely to be honest. But of any red state I could see Montana being one of the first to turn fully on Trump. The Democrats do pretty well there and the Republicans tend to be more libertarian.

Steve Bullock needs to run for Senate in 2020. He's term limited so it's no loss to us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom