• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

m0t0k1

Better question: 876Pro ANYTHING when?

And happy (belated here already :-/) birthday, BGBW.

Didn't Dearly Stars focus on 876 Production? o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6s5PWKRh8w

I know it's not much, but it's something! Although I'd much rather some more as it'd mean we got more HanaKana songs.

I heard some rumors a while ago on that HanaKana was the reason that we don't hear anything from the 876 girls anymore. Back in the day when Dearly Stars released it didn't do that well as you can say it bombed by Im@s standards. So Bamco wanted to continue the series since they fired the director of the DS game and wanted to do a restart but wasn't to happy with paying a lot of money for top rated voice actors like HanaKana believe she wanted to fetch more money for the job. So that is why they can't afford to do more content for them. But mind you this is a rumor i heard years ago and i can't seem to find the source anymore. So somebody correct me if i wrong.

To give you some info on the Dearly Stars game. It is basically Im@s light. There are way less songs and costumes and the mechanics have been watered down a bit. So you don't really have to focus on auditions and getting fans like in the usual im@s games. So i am not really feeling the game as well as the other imas games but if they go make a full fledged DS game i will probably like it. Guess it thanks to the power of the DS since you can only get one idol on stage max so they never could give the full experience.

Also you don't play as the producer you play as one of the 3 idols. I choose Eri (hanakana) as my idol but she is very funny she is a kind of internet girl who is into games. So she uses quotes from King of Fighters and Soul Caliber. So the game is more focused on story then on really managing the idol and the story isn't even that good. If you don't understand Japanese this makes the game a lot less interesting. But

The thing Accoun was pointing out that DS is more then only just those 3 girls you see as dlc and on the billboards in CG. It has a own whole world with rival idols, own secretary like kotori and a director etc. for example how many of you guys know these girls.

155px-YumekoSakuraiDS.png
117px-AyaneSuzukiDS.png
117px-MaiHidakaDS.png

Those people have been shunned since the game. They never even get cameos in the other imas series except maybe in name for example when fighting rivals in one for all. I remember seeing Cineria (eris rival) popping up in one of the festivals. The DS girls do coexist in the same world as 765 pro girls as you do interact with them in the game depending on which girl you are playing as. The 765 girls are not really treated as the rivals but more like mentors from my shitty Japanese understanding. That is probably why they where as friendly in the 2011 anime.

edit: I also should note that Tomatsu Haruka voice actor of Ai appeared at the latest Masters of Idol World and hasn't do that in a while. So i do hope they go for a comeback soon. Since Im@s have been making a lot of money.

DiGiKerot

I heard some rumors a while ago on that HanaKana was the reason that we don't hear anything from the 876 girls anymore. Back in the day when Dearly Stars released it didn't do that well as you can say it bombed by Im@s standards. So Bamco wanted to continue the series since they fired the director of the DS game and wanted to do a restart but wasn't to happy with paying a lot of money for top rated voice actors like HanaKana believe she wanted to fetch more money for the job. So that is why they can't afford to do more content for them. But mind you this is a rumor i heard years ago and i can't seem to find the source anymore. So somebody correct me if i wrong.

As a smidgen of context, it should be noted that Dearly Stars released literally two weeks after the original Love Plus, for which the hype was palpable - to the point where some of the Dearly Stars marketing material even referenced it - and pretty much everything aimed towards the same kind of market was utterly steamrollered, regardless of quality. People were too busy with their new DS waifus to produce idols.

Folks who actually played Dearly Stars (which I should really get around to doing) are generally positive about the characters, though - the games format is much more VN-like than the main series, and the characters have much more detailed, if maybe a little wacky, settings than the main iM@S girls (at least until aniM@S came along) to accommodate.

But, hey, at least they've got those nice, high-res Dearly Stars 3D models now. I honestly thought that the extra space in iM@S Channel, that disappeared completely when One for All was released, might have been a Dearly Stars HD port. Oh, well, it's not like apparent plans to do more with Shinkan Shojou panned out either.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does the DS one have the time based decisions which makes the other games hard to play if you're just relying on a dictionary?

DiGiKerot

Does the DS one have the time based decisions which makes the other games hard to play if you're just relying on a dictionary?

Probably - I'll crack it open and check later if you don't have a proper answer by then.

One thing to note, though, is that it's one of the rare DS games with a region-lock - from what I remember, it used the DSi Camera to scan QR codes to unlock certain content, so it counts as DSi-enhanced, so region-specific. You'll either need to play it on a pre-DSi DS (original or Lite, basically), or have a Japanese console to play it on, basically.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Probably - I'll crack it open and check later if you don't have a proper answer by then.

One thing to note, though, is that it's one of the rare DS games with a region-lock - from what I remember, it used the DSi Camera to scan QR codes to unlock certain content, so it counts as DSi-enhanced, so region-specific. You'll either need to play it on a pre-DSi DS (original or Lite, basically), or have a Japanese console to play it on, basically.

Oh boo. That's the only reason I was a tad interested, because DS games were mostly region free. I have an old day one DS, but it's old and busted. In fact, the casing has a hole in it from when it fell down once. :(

StayDead

With the DSi Enhanced stuff I think it was just the DSi content that was region locked. Pokemon Black was DSi Enhanced too and I never had any problems with that on my EU DS. I think it's only on DSi consoles that it's region locked on.

I'm uh, when I get some money probably going to buy it since it's still on playasia and other places. It should work fine with my Japanese 3DS anyways.

m0t0k1

As a smidgen of context, it should be noted that Dearly Stars released literally two weeks after the original Love Plus, for which the hype was palpable - to the point where some of the Dearly Stars marketing material even referenced it - and pretty much everything aimed towards the same kind of market was utterly steamrollered, regardless of quality. People were too busy with their new DS waifus to produce idols.

Folks who actually played Dearly Stars (which I should really get around to doing) are generally positive about the characters, though - the games format is much more VN-like than the main series, and the characters have much more detailed, if maybe a little wacky, settings than the main iM@S girls (at least until aniM@S came along) to accommodate.

But, hey, at least they've got those nice, high-res Dearly Stars 3D models now. I honestly thought that the extra space in iM@S Channel, that disappeared completely when One for All was released, might have been a Dearly Stars HD port. Oh, well, it's not like apparent plans to do more with Shinkan Shojou panned out either.

Yeah i like the girls mind you i only played the eri route. I agree its more vn like since like i said it focuses more on the story compared to the 765 idol games. So that is why i said i liked to see a more fleshed out Im@s ds game. I did not know it released around love+ it really was a killer back then so i can see why they where disappointed. thanks for sharing that.

From what i can remember is that you needed to choices with the touchscreen but i don't believe you have a timer ticking down on you. Or else you could always put your ds to sleep mode. I only have a lite and a OG DS so the region locking never was a problem for me.

DiGiKerot

With the DSi Enhanced stuff I think it was just the DSi content that was region locked. Pokemon Black was DSi Enhanced too and I never had any problems with that on my EU DS. I think it's only on DSi consoles that it's region locked on.

Yeah, it works on pre-DSi DS consoles, but not DSi/DSiXL/3DS family consoles from outside Japan. I've got Dearly Stars, and out of all my post DS-lite consoles, the only one which even recognises it as a game cartridge is my Japanese 3DS XL - believe me, the fact that I couldn't stand going back to the piddly-little DS Lite screen is the only reason I never got around to playing it!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, the day I got my DSi, my DS was promptly retired. I don't really fancy digging it back up, especially since I'll just see the massive crack.

I don't really do much importing (last game I bought from Japan was Ouendan 2) so I've never had the need to buy a Japanese system.

Rhapsody

Banned
The only thing I like out of 876 was Eri.

Oh well, Million Live looks like it was a much better endeavor (while CG has its small share of problems).

I'll have to remember to check out Dearly Stars sometime though.

DiGiKerot

So, in conjunction with Cinderella Girls, Daisuki have started streaming episodes of the previous iDOLM@STER anime.

I mention this mostly because the regional availability appears to be way, way better than the Crunchyroll stream - for example, a cursory check suggests it works in the UK, making these fine isles deprived of Ritsuko no longer.

So, in conjunction with Cinderella Girls, Daisuki have started streaming episodes of the previous iDOLM@STER anime.

I mention this mostly because the regional availability appears to be way, way better than the Crunchyroll stream - for example, a cursory check suggests it works in the UK, making these fine isles deprived of Ritsuko no longer.

Heh. Works in Norway too.

Rainy

Banned

That's pretty sweet, glad more people can enjoy it now!

Articalys

Specifically:

https://www.facebook.com/daisuki.net/posts/397335290425240
The Idol M@ster Episode #01 to #05
http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/TheIdolMaster
Free Streaming on DAISUKI.net with English subtitles
Streaming area: World-wide except Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan
So it's not just "way, way better", it's everywhere but East Asia.

If I had to guess I'd say they're going to roll out five episodes each Monday night for the next few weeks.

Still irritates me that they split "Idolmaster" into two words though...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uzuki will kill everyone's theory that I apparently just see the first character is a show and declare them as my favourite.

Rainy

Banned
Having just listened to the songs from the anime, what are some other good im@s songs? Just asking for y'all's favorites I guess.

Rhapsody

Banned
Having just listened to the songs from the anime, what are some other good im@s songs? Just asking for y'all's favorites I guess.

The ones I like that weren't in the anime were Taiyou no Jealousy, Tonari ni (remixed version), Rebellion, Jitensha, Blue Symphony, Kosmos Cosmos, Little Match Girl, After School Party Time, edeN, Diamond, Precious Grain, Ramune Iro Seishun (well, it was in the anime movie), Nation Blue, Arcadia, and Ryuuseigun.

There's more, but these were ones I remembered at the moment.

Merkunt

Hi everyone, I want to give this series a try. What is currently the best place to either get iDolm@ster 2 or One For All? It seems iD@s 2 is sold out and One For All is 65euro on Play Asia.
Thanks in advance

StayDead

Hi everyone, I want to give this series a try. What is currently the best place to either get iDolm@ster 2 or One For All? It seems iD@s 2 is sold out and One For All is 65euro on Play Asia.
Thanks in advance

If you don't mind going digital head over to the Japanese PSN page here:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/ja-jp/検索/f=^アイドルマスター|bucket~games?disableGeoBlock

Whether you want to join into iM@S2 or OFA is up to you, I personally prefer OFA as they improved some things, but some people don't like how they removed some of the features.

kirby2096

Thanks in advance
For IM@S 2: -
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/used-playstation-3-games/8632-used-video-game-ps3-idol-master-2.html - $25.70, but it's used. YMMV
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BLJS-50040 - $30.79 new

For OFA: -
http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...ll-standard-edition-ps3-en-4560467043379.html - $60.83 new
Probably comes to around the same price as Play-Asia after shipping costs.

There's also the Best Of edition of OFA coming out at the end of this month, if you don't mind the tacky borders on the cover art: -
http://ofa.idolmaster.jp/info/ps3_best.php - $24 RRP
http://www.play-asia.com/the-idolmster-one-for-all-playstation-3-the-best-paOS-13-49-en-70-8djv.html
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BLJS-50040

Merkunt

I went with this, Air Mail Registered, 8-10days delivery time. Thanks for the help!

There's also the Best Of edition of OFA coming out at the end of this month, if you don't mind the tacky borders on the cover art

The cover ruined this for me though, I'll wait 'till I can get a better deal on a regular copy.

m0t0k1

Just got me a Miki Prize figure :D I am pretty happy with it.

Next up is OFA one for all the best version. I did play the game at a friends house but i never personally got to finnish the game yet so i decided to buy myself. I can deal with the yellow box.

edit: if you are cool with used games i suggest checking out Solaris. I ordered some of my Im@s games there and they all came in perfectly. They also sell new games and Japanese PSN cards at decent prices.

Merkunt

edit: if you are cool with used games i suggest checking out Solaris. I ordered some of my Im@s games there and they all came in perfectly. They also sell new games and Japanese PSN cards at decent prices.

What have you done, I've been browsing this website for 1 hour now. I fear for my wallet

m0t0k1

They used to be even cheaper they sold Yakuza 5 for €15 a couple of months back and getting a 5000 yen psn card for just €40 is great. I have no experience with any of his figures though. But Funny part is when you order games it is not send by a company like i expected but by one guy and sending it from a private address as a gift. So the chance of them charging you for customs is even smaller. I found out about this site a couple of years ago when looking for x-rgb upscalers lol.

Rainy

Banned
You have to change your region so that you can access the Japanese App Store to get Cinderella girls right? I might just do that soon.

Shun

You have to change your region so that you can access the Japanese App Store to get Cinderella girls right? I might just do that soon.

I assume so, my region and App Store on my 5S has always been Japanese.

I know it's much much easier to get region apps than on Android.

Hachitora

I finally went and listened to some Im@s songs and I forgot how catchy some of them were. Go My Way, Ready, and Change are my favorites right now. I'm probably gonna go and listen to the Cinderella Girls character songs once I can get around to it.

Also, from looking at the cinderella girls, I have determined the best girls (based on appearances only as I don't know anything else about them).

Rainy

Banned
i actually got the CG game on my iphone but im unsure if i need a mobage account or a yahoo.co.jp account to play....i guess not?

Also that slot machine, pls.

Top Bottom