• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

CCS

Banned
But it's entirely up to you mate. I'm quite invested in ARK and i'm a believer in the project long term so... My opinion might be biased lol.

Just thought you should know.

I mean, I don't mind if I lose money and there's certainly plenty of room for ARK to take to the skies :p

Tk0n

like with every pump, there will, ofcourse, come a point where you could make a lot of money by selling and buying back in later.
but normally, you wont see this point until its too late ;)

after the last pump, the price of ark was still almost twice that of before, so...
the order book looks like its only just starting. its still heavily suppressed by big sell walls.

pieface

like with every pump, there will, ofcourse, come a point where you could make a lot of money by selling and buying back in later.

after the last pump, the price of ark was still almost twice that of before, so...
the order book looks like its only just starting. its still heavily suppressed by big sell walls.

Yup. I'm always too scared to do this.

Someone was told me, "don't trade your investments" ... think it's a good quote.

I should probably transfer 1k ARK over to see if I can catch the top.

CCS

Banned

I managed to sell out right at the top of the last pump, but only because I was drunk and made a mistake when trying to buy more :p

Not sure what this says about my investment strategy...

Donos

Only have 2,4 NEO left and 1,1 GAS *sheds tear*. Have to thank that little ant fellows a lot since i bought most of them in low single digits and stocked up at 8$. Sure they still can blow up like eth did but i still have a good portfolio with other coins while i can persue some other hobbies in the real world with the unexpectedly gained money :)

If there is going to be another big low (because the feds do a nice home visit at bitfinex/tethergate) i'm maybe going to get some NEO again.

Interested how the TNT (Tierion) token is going to perform since I've put 100€ into the ICO. Still rather silent around it except people asking where their coins are (distribution is in September) on reddit.

Ark boosting again.

PolishQ

Only have 2,4 NEO left and 1,1 GAS *sheds tear*. Have to thank that little ant fellows a lot since i bought most of them in low single digits and stocked up at 8$. Sure they still can blow up like eth did but i still have a good portfolio with other coins while i can persue some other hobbies in the real world with the unexpectedly gained money :)

If there is going to be another big low (because the feds do a nice home visit at bitfinex/tethergate) i'm maybe going to get some NEO again.

Interested how the TNT (Tierion) token is going to perform since I've put 100€ into the ICO. Still rather silent around it except people asking where their coins are (distribution is in September) on reddit.

Ark boosting again.
I bought a similar amount of TNT in the ICO, and I hear the tokens are set to be distributed on or before Sept 1.

pieface

Neo's price is crashing, almost back to what I bought it for, debating selling out of it and buying more ark.

Think ARK will settle down in a few days personally. Will probably drop back to 30-35k in my opinion. This pump feels too soon from the last one. Not sure how far it will go.

But who knows.

Donos

I bought a similar amount of TNT in the ICO, and I hear the tokens are set to be distributed on or before Sept 1.

On paper, the partnership with Microsoft (Azure Team) seems pretty good. Big industry names is also something crypto investors like ;)

Brohan

Bought some more ARK and planning to buy some more IOTA aswell when it has stopped dropping.

Despite my rocky start with the ARK wallet which came down to me being a doofus.. i'm really liking it so far.

Donos

Delegate i voted for (Jarunik) in the ARK Wallet got a vote from a whale:
hr4g0q8.jpg

pieface

hr4g0q8.jpg

Yup, that whale has 12million ARK and has split it up and voted for delegates who are helping the ecosystem.

12 million!!

Can only assume it's some kind of business or hedge fund or something.

PolishQ

I'm not too concerned about NEO since I plan to hold it for a while; it's still well above what I paid for it, and its current price is where it would be anyway if its growth from 7/30 -> 8/8 had continued at that same rate. It's just that it shot up on 8/9 and now it's settling back down.

Any explanation for the NEO crash? I have picked up a few. I suspect it will pick up again soon enough, but I'm curious.

Cascading effect of people who bought at ATH panicking and selling along with the hype dying down due to the fact that the price consolidation has made the former sell off?

Just my assumption

Brandson

Any explanation for the NEO crash? I have picked up a few. I suspect it will pick up again soon enough, but I'm curious.

I wouldn't call it a crash. It's still way, way, way up from where it was a few weeks ago. So far it has just corrected a little bit. It still has a lot of room to fall before I would call it a crash, not to say that that won't happen.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
hr4g0q8.jpg

Jarunik is fantastic guy, I had some conversations with him and of course, I delegated him :)

I wonder if this info put ARK on northern curve :) whole community is great and I am really temped to invest more in this project (when it goes back to 0.0003 level) and put it on hold

I would hate to think with all of the work that this team has been doing that their whole platform is fake. To consider that they have pulled in China into this token, none of this team would make it out alive from their govt if they falsified all this, but you never know this is crypto and all kinds of crazy things have happened.

x3sphere

Is there a solid reason why BCH is pumping so much?

I think if it goes up much more and is sustained, it's quite worrying for BTC. Miners will jump to BCH since it will be more profitable while the BTC chain loses hash power. Depending how many leave this could slow transactions to a crawl while difficulty readjusts.

Actually, apparently, it is already more profitable to mine BCH: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-cash-closes-profitability-parity-original-blockchain/

Tk0n

I think if it goes up much more and is sustained, it's quite worrying for BTC. Miners will jump to BCH since it will be more profitable while the BTC chain loses hash power. Depending how many leave this could slow transactions to a crawl while difficulty readjusts.

Actually, apparently, it is already more profitable to mine BCH: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-cash-closes-profitability-parity-original-blockchain/

i think thats exaclty the reason why its pumping so much.
i guess bitmain is investing a lot of money to sustain that pump to support BCC

The linked article said:
Bitcoin cash's surge above $500 today is changing more than just the the net worth of its investors and users.

Hey, I tried to tell you guys...

Question: Why did BitCoin Cash (BCC) drop so much between August 4 and August 6?
It's on a locally-high growth, but it's nowhere near where it was back then. Is there reason to think the rebound will continue?

So, BCC is on a bit of a runaway today.
I wish I'd had more in it, but it's already caused me to jump from like $390 -> $470 (or something like that)

I really wish I had put more into it.
But, at least I turned a nice profit from what I had in there.

Which chain is more profitable to mine will go back and forth over time.

But right now 90% of BCH blocks are being mined by one group. Bitmain/China are keeping BCH alive in a long play to make it "the" Bitcoin. At some point they will try to rename it $BTC and attempt a takeover. The real fight is over the Bitcoin brand, which is so incredibly valuable. I'm skeptical this will ever work because essentially all investors are on the Bitcoin chain and I think that gets overlooked sometimes amidst discussions of hash power and the like. Also when one miner is doing almost all the work on the chain, that's not a decentralized coin. It's not Bitcoin, to me at least.

Having said that, I've held my coins on both chains as a hedge.

Brandson

Unless Tether mysteriously re-inflates the market, it looks like a down weekend is coming up. With BTC and BCH feeling each other out, the ETHBTC bots trading the ratio are taking ETH down too. It doesn't look like they are programmed sufficiently to do a ETH/BTC+BCH ratio trade yet. Until that happens, ETH is going to continue to ride with BTC for at least the next little while. We'll see if ETH is able to shake free at all.

x3sphere

Unless Tether mysteriously re-inflates the market, it looks like a down weekend is coming up. With BTC and BCH feeling each other out, the ETHBTC bots trading the ratio are taking ETH down too. It doesn't look like they are programmed sufficiently to do a ETH/BTC+BCH ratio trade yet. Until that happens, ETH is going to continue to ride with BTC for at least the next little while. We'll see if ETH is able to shake free at all.

Yeah, seems the ETHBTC ratio is going up slightly, encouraging since it was dropping the last few times BTC went down.

My gut feeling is this BCH pump is going to spill over into ETH and probably other alts.

Even if the ratio goes up though, it may well drop further in terms of USD depending how far Bitcoin goes down. But, if we see a significant jump on the ratio, I think it's likely to go past 300.

Brohan

Just how far is BTC going to drop??

Looks like BTC is regaining steam and BCC is losing steam.

Edit: IOTA on the rise again.

Cipherr

Let's say I wanted to play with this and some disposable income and I decided on ARK;

How would I go about starting? From what I could find, I ended up with a Bittrex account but sort of dead-ended because I cannot buy ARK unless I have BTC? That doesn't seem to work for me because Im a beginner and don't have any CC of any kind at all. I was expecting to be able to buy some with $. (Im in the U.S.)

Let's say I wanted to play with this and some disposable income and I decided on ARK;

How would I go about starting? From what I could find, I ended up with a Bittrex account but sort of dead-ended because I cannot buy ARK unless I have BTC? That doesn't seem to work for me because Im a beginner and don't have any CC of any kind at all. I was expecting to be able to buy some with $. (Im in the U.S.)
Buy bitcoin on coinbase and transfer it to your bittrex account. Then you buy whatever altcoin with that btc

Buy BTC with USD on CoinBase
Transfer BTC from CoinBase to Bittrex
Buy ARK with BTC on Bittrex

I sold all of my NEO earlier at a decent price since we were going down. I was about to buy back in around $31, some manipulators come waltzing in and skyrocket it to $42. This is just plain crazy how this market works. I fear once these guys have done the damage that they have and take everyone's money that is in FOMO mode seeing this rise, the drop that NEO was having could be even worse. Hoping to get back to where I sold to just buy back in, but a part of me just has me just thinking to sit it out for now.

Is it okay to leave my money in tether, or should I move it somewhere else?

Cipherr

Buy BTC with USD on CoinBase
Transfer BTC from CoinBase to Bittrex
Buy ARK with BTC on Bittrex

This seems to work, with the one issue of Coinbase charging a larger than expected "Network fee" to xfer the Bitcoin to Bittrex, which only really sucks because they also didn't let me buy a few hundred bucks worth of BTC, they limited me to 15 daily; then when sending it to Bittrex a huge chunk of that small amount is eaten by network fee /rolleyes.

Got it done though. Also discovered theres a way to raise the weekly limit. Sucked only being able to do a small amount, but if I verify my account it looks like Ill be able to buy larger chunks.

Danielsan

Glad I didn't panic. NEO bumped back overnight and I made some decent returns (with my small investment). Now to wait for Ark to normalize again so I can buy back in.

I've been buying and selling the ups and downs of BCH for the past few hours and made a few hundred dollars but I'm starting to get nervous that it's just going to skyrocket and I'll get left behind... It's going absolutely wild at the moment

edit: yeah I'm going to hold my position for a while. My coin cost average is really low because of all of the trades I did

Brohan

What would happen if BCC wins the battle? Do altcoins then become linked with BCC instead of BTC?

Because currently most altcoins are dropping alongside bitcoin.

The Rizza

If I make a transaction such as send ETH from one exchange to the other and I have the transaction id, it should show up on etherscan right? Been waiting for 40 minutes now and I keep getting "sorry, we are unable to find this transaction." My eth is also not deposited... and is gone from the exchange I withdrew it from...

EDIT: NVM... I think I must've been just freaking out a little bit since I've never had a transaction take that long with ETH. All is good now. Breathe. Breathe.

Brohan

After my recent fiasco with the passphrase for my ARK wallet and due to the fact i'm going to store my IOTA on a IOTA wallet i have decided that i'm going to start using a password manager.

Which password manager would you guys recommend??

Donos

Personally i use keepass on pc and smartphone. (Has an android app) . Database and key file are stored in the cloud (Dropbox) and i have one master password. It has a pw generator if you want to generate long ass random passwords for exchanges or wallets. There are some the threads in ot with other suggestions. 1pass and lastpass are mostly mentioned.

Top Bottom