• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Was going to buy some more because it is low now.. just hope that it wasn't a regular pump and dump.

I really like the project in whole and because of this I believe this is just a dip and we will go soon towards galactic north ;)

Question: Why did BitCoin Cash (BCC) drop so much between August 4 and August 6?
It's on a locally-high growth, but it's nowhere near where it was back then. Is there reason to think the rebound will continue?

Danielsan

Sucks that I bought into the Ark pump and dump. Seems like the current floor is 0.0003, but I don't see it spiking to or over 0.0004 any time soon. Bummer, but I guess I have to sit it out,

x3sphere

Question: Why did BitCoin Cash (BCC) drop so much between August 4 and August 6?
It's on a locally-high growth, but it's nowhere near where it was back then. Is there reason to think the rebound will continue?

Exchanges opened deposits around then. When it hit $600+ you were not able to send it to any exchanges. Basically only people that left their BTC on Bittrex got to sell at that price.

It still has not risen much compared to the ATH, in terms of BTC ratio. When it was $600 the BTC ratio was 0.25 too, which would be around 1070 now

Donos

A Bitfinex developer has been responding to a post about the allegations, but is declining to clear up any details other than to say that Tether has hired a law firm to audit Tether's balance sheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6uarbw/so_whats_the_subs_opinion_on_this_finex_and/

k4wMLt2.jpg

Sulik2

Uhm, so are we about to see a giant crypto currency crash from Tether? Or is it BTC that will crash and something like eth or neo might explode?

Eiji

This Tether fiasco is making me uneasy. Literally money from nothing to pump the market. Is this Mt. Gox 2.0 in the making?

Brandson

Uhm, so are we about to see a giant crypto currency crash from Tether? Or is it BTC that will crash and something like eth or neo might explode?

If the allegations are true, Tether's value would go to near zero fairly instantly. Any Tether trading pair would likely also experience extreme volatility, which would cascade into all the other trading pairs for such crypto assets before too long. What happens after that is somewhat unpredictable, but a major player in the crypto market collapsing for reasons like this would have at least some negative effects on the entire market. I can't imagine ETH, NEO, or any other crypto asset going up as a result of that news.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to there being more regulation in the crypto market now. Manipulation appears to be incredibly rampant all over the place. The individual investor could use a bit more protection here.

Exchanges opened deposits around then. When it hit $600+ you were not able to send it to any exchanges. Basically only people that left their BTC on Bittrex got to sell at that price.

It still has not risen much compared to the ATH, in terms of BTC ratio. When it was $600 the BTC ratio was 0.25 too, which would be around 1070 now

Ah, makes sense.

Donos

Only used Bitfinex for IOTA. Hate the UI of the site otherwise. Mostly use Bittrex,

If there is an immediate outfall, please be tomorrow. I have the day off :)
Don't think there is going to happen anything immediately (if anything big is going to happen at all) besides some people preparing/selling their stuff in fear of overall bear market.

Brohan

Only used Bitfinex for IOTA. Hate the UI of the site otherwise. Mostly use Bittrex,

IOTA is the only reason i am on bitfinex aswell.

Was planning to buy in some more IOTA today but alot of people are expecting a correction so i guess i'll wait for a bit.

So, BCC is on a bit of a runaway today.
I wish I'd had more in it, but it's already caused me to jump from like $390 -> $470 (or something like that)

Tk0n

got out of OMG yesterday. a bit late, but better than going down to the bottom with it. and i still made nice junk of money with it. but i converted to STRAT, which isnt doing too hot either ;)
maybe i buy back in later, but atm OMG doesnt look too healthy to me.

im also thinking about parking my money. i just dont know if i convert to btc or to fiat.
if i convert to fiat, i might have to pay 25% capital gain tax (germany).

i dont know if its just me, but i have a feeling that everything is accelerating. every day there is a new must have coin with 100% gain. everyday, there is "the next ETH". the shilling on twitter is getting out of control. and a lot of people are getting burned and ripped off with those "promising coins" because they cant get out in time at the top of the pump. also, the pumps are getting bigger and bigger.

Brohan

So of that bitfinex stuff happens to be true.. then what does that mean for bitfinex and what would it mean for people with coins on there?

Bitfinex closes and people lose their money?

got out of OMG yesterday. a bit late, but better than going down to the bottom with it. and i still made nice junk of money with it. but i converted to STRAT, which isnt doing too hot either ;)
maybe i buy back in later, but atm OMG doesnt look too healthy to me.

im also thinking about parking my money. i just dont know if i convert to btc or to fiat.
if i convert to fiat, i might have to pay 25% capital gain tax (germany).

i dont know if its just me, but i have a feeling that everything is accelerating. every day there is a new must have coin with 100% gain. everyday, there is "the next ETH". the shilling on twitter is getting out of control. and a lot of people are getting burned and ripped off with those "promising coins" because they cant get out in time at the top of the pump. also, the pumps are getting bigger and bigger.

I held on to my OMG, regret it now but ah well.

I'm a HODL kind of guy anyway.

Danielsan

Dumped some OMG yesterday, happy that I did. Just picked up some relatively cheap NEO. It's dropped like a rock since yesterday, but I'm sure it can go from $37 back to around $45.

Tk0n

So of that bitfinex stuff happens to be true.. then what does that mean for bitfinex and what would it mean for people with coins on there?

Bitfinex closes and people lose their money?

the money might not be gone, you might lose access your coins for a while.
id advice to keep your stuff in a local wallet for a while.

Brohan

the money might not be gone, you might lose access your coins for a while.
id advice to keep your stuff in a local wallet for a while.

I guess i'll have to then.. which kinda sucks because the IOTA wallet is kind of crap at the moment.

Could the fact that alot of coins are dipping right now also have to do with the fact that alot of stuff just rose too quickly and everything is simply going through a correction?

I guess that everything rising too quickly can ofcourse be because of bitfinex... meh.

Donos

fuck coinbase and their high Euro withdrawal fees.... Kraken just charged me tiny 0,09 € for 1k € withdrawal while coinbase did hundreds of € (both SEPA). My own fault for not checking that earlier although my Tiers weren't verified/approved at Kraken back then so coinbase was my only posibility at that time (when i cashed out over 2k € of my NEO stack).

Lesson learned.

If you want to cash out and are in the EU: Kraken >>> Coinbase!

Tk0n

I guess i'll have to then.. which kinda sucks because the IOTA wallet is kind of crap at the moment.

Could the fact that alot of coins are dipping right now also have to do with the fact that alot of stuff just rose too quickly and everything is simply going through a correction?

I guess that everything rising too quickly can ofcourse be because of bitfinex... meh.

yeah, its abit of everything.
- BTCs volatility is driving everything nuts.
- a lot of coins like NEO, ADX, OMG, PAY, BAT and so on making huge gains and then stagnating or dropping, letting people panic.
- the weekend is approaching so there is some profit taking.
- last but not least: manipulation. just look at BCC yesterday. wtf?

Brohan

yeah, its abit of everything.
- BTCs volatility is driving everything nuts.
- a lot of coins like NEO, ADX, OMG, PAY, BAT and so on making huge gains and then stagnating or dropping, letting people panic.
- the weekend is approaching so there is some profit taking.
- last but not least: manipulation. just look at BCC yesterday. wtf?

IOTA also dropping pretty hard right now after weeks of steadily rising but i'm ok with it. I'm in for the long haul. I will wait for it to have bottomed out and then buy some more.

Guess i'll start setting up that shitty wallet.

Danielsan

Which digital wallet would you guys recommend? Might want to take my IOTA of Bitfinex just in case. Not sure what their withdrawal fee is either.

DonMigs85

I traded some DGB and bought 100 PAY, their iOS beta is launching on the 21st so let's see how it affects the price. DGB should also get some news on the 22nd hopefully.

Brohan

Which digital wallet would you guys recommend? Might want to take my IOTA of Bitfinex just in case. Not sure what their withdrawal fee is either.

Withdrawing IOTA is free. I'm also looking to pull my IOTA off of bitfinex. Think i might go with the android wallet but reading up on stuff first as their wallets have caused alot of problems for alot of people.

pieface

Fun fact about ARK.

70.7 million votes are used up in voting. Which means 70% of circulating coins are voting, leaving only 30% of circulating coins for the market.

There's a LOT of people holding this coin. :)

Tk0n

yeah, a lot of upward movement atm.
FCT exploded right after i bought it. ARK looks good. OMG looks good, neo too.

pieface

Might cash in my ARK, any good suggestions for which alts to move it to?

I just wouldn't sell if I was you.

Sponsor of the NY Fintec Conference. Also doing a presentation their on Tuesday. ACES is close to being released. Legder support official on September 1st. Website redesign a top priority and I think it's close. Mobile wallets will follow shortly after.

That's just my opinion of course.

CCS

Banned
I just wouldn't sell if I was you.

Sponsor of the NY Fintec Conference. Also doing a presentation their on Tuesday. ACES is close to being released. Legder support official on September 1st. Website redesign a top priority and I think it's close. Mobile wallets will follow shortly after.

That's just my opinion of course.

Fair point, might leave it there for now then.

Top Bottom