• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I already have a lot of those games so I was wondering if I could just give them away yet still access them.

I'll probably just keep them to myself then; I even felt guilty purchasing the bundle for a mere $10!
I mean, most of the bundles offer DRM-free download versions of the games along with the Steam keys, so technically, there's nothing stopping you from giving away the keys while keeping access to the download page.

Joe Molotov

I just want to point out something about Gala. Both Gala and HiB websites share the same idea: how many bundles sold, you get more games at a higher average, you unlock soundtracks, and you can donate to charity.

Here's how HiB displays that info:

TZIOx.jpg

And how Gala does it:

SreyT.jpg

For gawds sakes Gala, get a better design. Holy crap.

At least they ditched the "games falling off the shelf" design. Progress!

zulux21

Seriously, I have 9300 gala points, I want to use them for something.

I have 10200 I would like to use them for something as well lol
it sounded like they might have something for us to use them on after this bundle, but it kind of sounded that way with the last bundle as well so yeah... hopefully some day lol.

eldoon

I have 10200 I would like to use them for something as well lol
it sounded like they might have something for us to use them on after this bundle, but it kind of sounded that way with the last bundle as well so yeah... hopefully some day lol.

They said theres a store or something to redeem points - promised it before end of june

Kuroyume

Banned
The problem with Indie Gala (besides the horrible layout) is that they always have a really terrible collection of games. It's like they'll take anything they can get just to put a bundle together. Any generic crap. Zombie shooter 1. Zombie shooter 2. Robot shooter 1. Robot Shooter 2. Alien Shooter 1 etc. Every once in a while they get something interesting in there like Flat Out or Ninja Blade, but it's mostly a hodgepodge of crap people wouldn't purchase individually+ maybe one or two decent games. And, they probably know it too so they include as much crap in one bundle to make it seem better than it is. The other bundles are so much better. Humble being the best and Be Mine/Royale ranging from good to decent.

Btw, I recognize that Gala also donates some of their sales to charities. And, that's great and all. Don't want to come off as an ass being critical of it. Just wanted to make a point about the quality of their bundles since the discussion came up.

Also, did anyone get this most recent bundle? Any opinions of Razor2: Hidden Skies?

The problem with Indie Gala (besides the horrible layout) is that they always have a really terrible collection of games.

I can't believe you're using Ninja Blade as an example of something interesting as opposed to generic crap...

But yeah, Indie Gala is consistently underwhelming.

louiedog

The Indie Royale June Bug Bundle is available

http://www.indieroyale.com/

PixelJunk Eden - for: steam (pc)
Escape Goat - for: windows, desura - an Indie Royale-exclusive PC debut!
Noitu Love 2: Devolution - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Auditorium - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura

LuffyZoro

I have no idea why, but I've bought every Indie Gala bundle. I haven't done that with the Be Mine or Royale, but something about Gala compels me.

If orange is gonna do these megathreads he really needs to keep up the OP's. this one's over a month out of date, as is the kickstarter thread.

That being said, picked up IR for PJE and Auditorium finally, Noitu 2 being a nice bonus. Disappointed that PJE PC doesn't have multiplayer but one can hope it'll get patched in eventually.

I have no idea why, but I've bought every Indie Gala bundle. I haven't done that with the Be Mine or Royale, but something about Gala compels me.

What unlocks do they give out in the bundle collection manager for 10 and 15 bundles? I have 5 so I got some album from 8-Bit Weapon and ComputeHer called Chiptopia. What I love the most about these bundles is the albums as I get music that I would never have exposed myself to normally and now quite enjoy.

The_End

Anyone have all of the bundles for indie royale? what unlocks do they give out in the bundle collection manager for 10 and 15 bundles? I have 5 so I got some album from 8-Bit Weapon and ComputeHer called Chiptopia. What I love the most about these bundles is the albums as I get music that I would never have exposed myself to normally and now quite enjoy.

Curtsey of CAG user marsilies
10 bundles - Super Space Rubbish + OST
15 bundles - Fireball

plc268

So, supposedly Indie Royale is supposed to have this system in place to see all the bundles you've bought in the past, but it only says I own 1 bundle out of 17, when I know I own at least 10. All of them even went to the same email.

Oh well, it's not that important anyway.

edit: nevermind, it fixed itself.

The_End

So, supposedly Indie Royale is supposed to have this system in place to see all the bundles you've bought in the past, but it only says I own 1 bundle out of 17, when I know I own at least 10. All of them even went to the same email.

Oh well, it's not that important anyway.

Did you give away any of the Desura codes? If you did, whoever activated that code now gets credit for buying that bundle.

Edit: OK, I see you're all set now.

Curtsey of CAG user marsilies
10 bundles - Super Space Rubbish + OST
15 bundles - Fireball

Thanks. I have no idea what fireball is but a quick google search came up with some flashgame that reminded me of spyhunter, is that the one? Super Space Rubbish is very asteroids in look but seems to have a different game mechanics from the video i saw.

I don't think this qualifies as an indie bundle, but it's a PWYW pack of six Spanish PC games: Pack solidario de Juegaterapia

Minimum price is 1€, and you can choose the split between the devs and Juegaterapia (a charity similar to Child's Play).

The standout title is Runaway: A Road Adventure. The others are Cycling Evolution, Mort & Phil: A Cinematic Adventure, PC Fúbol Trivia Legue, Ubongo Puzzle Adventure and Shadows of the Civil War.

Looks like they can't be activated on Steam, and I don't know if they are only available in Spanish, but hey, maybe Spain-GAF cares!

Jomjom

Banned
Probably not the place to ask, but I thought I would try. Did anyone buy the last Indie Royale and either has a spare to sell or wasn't interested in The Void, that would sell me you code?

zulux21

indiefort 2 is live

Starting price is 5.99 for 3079, fortix 2, aztaka, dark scavenger, demise: Acension, Intrusion 2.
none of the games have steam keys. All games are DRM free, except Demise: Ascension, which has a serial number.

Catshade

Indiegala Android bundle is also live for 3 days. 4 android games (Great Little War Games, Smiles HD, Cardinal Quest, Legends of Yore), with pay more than $3.99 to get 3 more (Manor of the Damned, Turba, Pitiri 1977). 3 games have desura key, and 1 has steam key.

Sysgen

indiefort 2 is live

Starting price is 5.99 for 3079, fortix 2, aztaka, dark scavenger, demise: Acension, Intrusion 2.
none of the games have steam keys. All games are DRM free, except Demise: Ascension, which has a serial number.

A picture is worth $5.99?

indiefort_newslettertop.jpg

I remember looking at Aztara sometime ago and it looked good. Fortix 2 is a no brainer. Know nothing about the others.

3079 is an FPS in a Minecraft-like world, with procedurally generated quests and terrain. There was an article on RPS about it a while back... looks weird, but maybe worth a try.

Wok

Hamilton's Great Adventure was my GOTY last year.

You can read my impressions here

This is interesting to see Adventures of Shuggy #2. I am going to play it soon. The dev is working on a Portal game nowadays.

As for Hamilton, I confirm it is a great game, as soon as you understand how the scoring system works and you compete for the high-scores. Just a minor note about your review: there are several solutions for some levels in Hamilton, because timing with respect to the timing of the monsters is important.

Game Guru

Hmm... I have been meaning to get the two PS1-era Oddworld games, and the three Avernum games look interesting, Red Orchestra is Red Orchestra, and apparently, Hamilton's Great Adventure and Garshasp should've switched roles.

I think I could scrounge up a buck for this...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, it doesn't even look like that beMine bundle will break the 10,000 mark, let alone 20,000 and the unspecified value above that. I didn't think it's possible first, but we really got some kind of "too many cheap bundles" situation at hand. I'm not even considering getting beMine or IndieFort at this point :/

I wonder if people actually spend less than 6 bucks just so they don't support Garshasp.

zulux21

Heh, it doesn't even look like that beMine bundle will break the 10,000 mark, let alone 20,000 and the unspecified value above that. I didn't think it's possible first, but we really got some kind of "too many cheap bundles" situation at hand. I'm not even considering getting beMine or IndieFort at this point :/

I wonder if people actually spend less than 6 bucks just so they don't support Garshasp.

I don't recall when it actually launched but it was no more then 3 hours before you made your post. You may want to take another look. The bundle has been live for around 13 hours now and has already cleared the 10k mark and is on it's way towards the 20k mark.

Top Bottom