• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Wok

Does the Face Kick bundle hit at or near midnight, or later on today?

It is released.

In this, our first Pay What You Want bundle, pay $1 to get three
awesome games: Arkhelom 3D, and Tompi Jones for Desura,
plus Alien Hallway for Steam.

Beat the minimum and earn two extra games including Biart7's Depth
Hunter
for Desura, and Alien Shooter 2 Conscription just released
this week on Steam! Get it here: http://www.indiefacekick.com

We made some predictions.

Here are the games:

Jomjom

Banned
The Bundle in a Box is live

Games:
Gemini Rue (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
Ben There, Dan That! + Time Gentleman, Please! (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
The Sea Will Claim Everything(DRM Free)
1893: A World's Fair Mystery(DRM Free)

Beating the average will give you The Shivah (DRM Free) and Metal Dead (DRM Free, Desura). There are also unlock able soundtracks for Gemini Rue and The Shivah and the Metal Dead Booklet after a certain sales threshold is met.

EDIT: The minimum price is 2.99$ right now, but it will decrease after 500 sales

Is this worth it if I don't have Gemini Rue or Ben There or Time Gentleman? I'm fairly into adventure games, but I don't know how good the stories are in these three games, which is the only thing that I care about in adventure games.

Wok

Is this worth it if I don't have Gemini Rue or Ben There or Time Gentleman? I'm fairly into adventure games, but I don't know how good the stories are in these three games, which is the only thing that I care about in adventure games.

I liked "Gemini Rue", and I would consider it worth more than the price asked for the bundle. I read good things about "The Sea Will Claim Everything". As for the Ben Time There Gentleman, I did not like the humor, it may be intended for an American audience.

Gemini Rue has a great story, and Ben there Dan That / time Gentlemen Please have a very silly story and lots of humour.

If you want a reeeeaaaaaally vague approximation, one is like Beneath A Steel Sky, and the other two are like Sam & Max Hit The Road.

EDIT:
Ben Time There Gentleman, I did not like the humor, it may be intended for an American audience.
More likely a British audience.

Jomjom

Banned
Hmmm if the price is worth it just for Gemini Rue alone, I'll definitely get it regardless of whether the humor for the other two are any good. They are just bonus at that point. Thanks for the recommendations!

For those who are too lazy to click:

Pay more than 1$ and get:
-Making History: The Calm and The Storm (Steam)
-Beat Hazard (DRM Free)
-Razor 2: Hidden Skies (Steam)
-Ironclads Collection (5 games, Steam)

Pay more than 3.99$ and you'll also get:
-Space Empires 4 Deluxe (Steam)
-Battle Mages (DRM Free)
-World Rally Championship Racing 2010 (DRM Free)
-Bad Rats: Rats Revenge (Steam)

Pay more than 5.99$ and you'll also get:
-Ninja Blade (DRM Free)
-SBK X: Superbike World Championship (DRM Free)
-Puzzle Kingdoms (Steam)
-Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (Steam)

EDIT: Curse you, Fuzzy! :'(

EDIT 2: I don't understand why Beat Hazard can't be redeemed on Steam, I'd buy the bundle if they gave you a code. Also :lol at Ninja Blade.

The Bundle in a Box is live

Games:
Gemini Rue (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
Ben There, Dan That! + Time Gentleman, Please! (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
The Sea Will Claim Everything(DRM Free)
1893: A World's Fair Mystery(DRM Free)

Beating the average will give you The Shivah (DRM Free) and Metal Dead (DRM Free, Desura). There are also unlock able soundtracks for Gemini Rue and The Shivah and the Metal Dead Booklet after a certain sales threshold is met.

EDIT: The minimum price is 2.99$ right now, but it will decrease after 500 sales

I got this bundle and they gave me all the keys in an email after about 5 minutes.

Does the Face Kick bundle hit at or near midnight, or later on today?

I got this bundle an hour ago but still no email. hopefully it comes by today.

For those who are too lazy to click:

Pay more than 1$ and get:
-Making History: The Calm and The Storm (Steam)
-Beat Hazard (DRM Free)
-Razor 2: Hidden Skies (Steam)
-Ironclads Collection (5 games, Steam)

Pay more than 3.99$ and you'll also get:
-Space Empires 4 Deluxe (Steam)
-Battle Mages (DRM Free)
-World Rally Championship Racing 2010 (DRM Free)
-Bad Rats: Rats Revenge (Steam)

Pay more than 5.99$ and you'll also get:
-Ninja Blade (DRM Free)
-SBK X: Superbike World Championship (DRM Free)
-Puzzle Kingdoms (Steam)
-Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (Steam)

EDIT: Curse you, Fuzzy! :'(

EDIT 2: I don't understand why Beat Hazard can't be redeemed on Steam, I'd buy the bundle if they gave you a code. Also :lol at Ninja Blade.

Might give this as well as the be mine create your own bundle until E3 starts when i have more money hehe. poor me.

Oh and bundle related but not indie, I also dipped into the Square Enix pack on amazon for $7.49 comes with 5 games
Supreme Commander 2
Just Cause 2
Kane and Lynch 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Tomb Raider: Underworld

all have steam keys except for Tomb Raider Underworld.

Did the Groupees people sort out the Steam key issues for Dark Fall: Lost Souls? Was thinking of getting the game but I really do want the Steam key for it.

kafiend

Did the Groupees people sort out the Steam key issues for Dark Fall: Lost Souls? Was thinking of getting the game but I really do want the Steam key for it.

The key has appeared in my list that I bought when it launched. I assume its fixed for new orders.

Aaron

I've played some really terrible FPS games in my life, but Ubersoldier 2 is easily the worst. I can't imagine how bad the original game must have been if this is the dev's follow up. It starts with an on-rails shooting section where you can glitch out and die randomly, then the worst on foot controls ever known to man. Then you get the gun, and if you hold down mouse2 to aim you can't shoot.

I've played some really terrible FPS games in my life, but Ubersoldier 2 is easily the worst. I can't imagine how bad the original game must have been if this is the dev's follow up. It starts with an on-rails shooting section where you can glitch out and die randomly, then the worst on foot controls ever known to man. Then you get the gun, and if you hold down mouse2 to aim you can't shoot.

Does it compare to the greatness of Tunnel Rats 1968?

impirius

Game Music Bundle 3 is up.

Pay what you want for:
Terraria
Plants vs. Zombies
Dustforce
Ilomio
Frozen Synapse (!)

$10+ adds:
Offspring Fling
Mubala Evol Ution
Cardinal Quest
inMomentum
Impeccable Micro
Bluescreen
Beautiful Micro
Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar
Deorbit
GunGirl 2

I was thinking about buying the Frozen Synapse soundtrack at $10 anyway, so hey... 14 bonus albums!

Nabs

I already own the Frozen Synapse and Dustforce soundtracks. Those two are great and get a lot of burn.

VandalD

Pay what you want for:
Terraria
Plants vs. Zombies
Dustforce
Ilomio
Frozen Synapse (!)

$10+ adds:
Offspring Fling
Mubala Evol Ution
Cardinal Quest
inMomentum
Impeccable Micro
Bluescreen
Beautiful Micro
Deorbit
GunGirl 2

I was thinking about buying the Frozen Synapse soundtrack at $10 anyway, so hey... 14 bonus albums!
Yes, indeed. Frozen Synapse soundtrack easily makes this a steal. The bolded are also GREAT if you're into chiptunes. Can't comment on the rest of them yet, but I assume they're also awesome.

daxy

Pay what you want for:
Terraria
Plants vs. Zombies
Dustforce
Ilomio
Frozen Synapse (!)

$10+ adds:
Offspring Fling
Mubala Evol Ution
Cardinal Quest
inMomentum
Impeccable Micro
Bluescreen
Beautiful Micro
Deorbit
GunGirl 2

Already own the Dustforce soundtrack and that alone makes it worth all the moneys. It's some of the best music I've heard. I'm looking forward to what Lifeformed does with the soundtrack to the Double Fine documentary.

Been listening to the Frozen Synapse and inMomentum soundtrack and they're both really good. I'm glad I got the bundle :D

daxy

at $1.80 any price drop is negligible. I'd be surprised if someone was holding out for a 20ct difference.

mr. grape

Really? I enjoyed it for what it is and thought it was worth the purchase. I haven't had a problem with the controls. It's by no means a great game, but it actually held my attention longer than a lot of mainstream FPS.

Haunted

at $1.80 any price drop is negligible. I'd be surprised if someone was holding out for a 20ct difference.
Still holding out for that sweet spot!

Seriously though, I think it's more of a gut reaction than anything logical. You just see the way it's set up and the brain instinctively says "wait!". It's instinct to wait for the better deal, there's 0 incentive to buy now instead of later.

Teppic

This thread is great! Got the new music bundle.

With all these new bundle sites, how do you know which ones to trust? Isn't it likely that a few scams will turn up eventually?

The_End

The Indie Royale Graduation Bundle just went live

The Void - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Dead Pixels - for: windows, desura
The Ship - for: steam (pc)
1000 Amps - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
LaserCat - for: windows, desura

BONUS: AirMech for: steam (beta), windows, desura

Guh, I'm only interested in 1000 Amps. Anyone wanna split a bundle?

Same here. I already own The Void and The Ship, LaserCat looks an awful lot like an VVVVVV ripoff (only visually) and Dead Pixel just doesn't look like my kind of game.

On the other hand, I loved the 1000 Amps demo (I think it was a flash version on the devs' site) and I have the game wishlisted since launch.

I may just wait for a 75% off discount on Steam and buy it, as it'd cost only 1,25€...

Wok

The Indie Royale Graduation Bundle just went live

The Void - for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Dead Pixels - for: windows, desura
The Ship - for: steam (pc)
1000 Amps - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
LaserCat - for: windows, desura

BONUS: AirMech for: steam (beta), windows, desura

I have been playing 1000 Amps and there is a reference to Super Mario in one room:
BNbEC.jpg

The music is a slower Super Mario theme.

Otherwise the game is not bad. There are a few minor problems:
  • the gameplay is not right in full-screen mode
  • there are lots of white screens and I dislike these in games (this almost ruined Blocks That Matter)
  • the game is flash-based so it runs really bad on older PC

I made an error buying that humble bundle. I bought it at above the avarage for the first time and gifted it then the sacond one was under the average as trhe average went up and I didnt take notice so no bastion for me. I hope they add the additional top up donation so I can get bastion later on.

6 hours and over 164000 bundles sold. thats more than all the current running bundles Indie Face kick, Groupees Build a Bundle, Bundle in a Box, Indie Gala and Indie Royale combined x 6 and some have been live for days. I wouldnt be surpised if this bundle has made more money than all the other bundles combined for all of their respective bundles that they have ever released.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I made an error buying that humble bundle. I bought it at above the avarage for the first time and gifted it then the sacond one was under the average as trhe average went up and I didnt take notice so no bastion for me. I hope they add the additional top up donation so I can get bastion later on.
Go to your download page and increase the amount. It's right above your Steam keys.

PMVlf.png

Humble Bundle V is out.
These not getting threads anymore? This is one of the best deals, as always. And raising a huge amount for charity. Just picked up a bundle for Bastion and Sworcery. Going to gift out the others as I already have them.

e. d'oh it was on first page.

Top Bottom