• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
I watched an episode of Uncle Grandpa to see what all the fuss is about. How on earth will that episode be any good? That show is just random shit.

Uncle Grandpa is a cartoon in the purest sense. It takes all the liberties and the only liberties that one can do in animation. Just because it's weird and silly doesn't make it bad. It's just a different style that SU. UG has its serious moments, just as SU has its silly ones. I have a feeling the crossover will have to meet in the middle. I am putting my trust in the creators of both shows, clearly they wouldn't have gone through with it if it was something that they felt wouldn't work.

Psxphile

WHAT. THE. HELL.

tumblr_inline_nkngnmfZxe1rty80m.png

I don't know where that schedule is from, but both Zap2it.com and CN's own site are now listing Rose's Scabbard airing on Monday at 5PM. CartoonNetwork.com goes even further by also listing Message and Political Power on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively. If this is all legit, than we are having one hell of a week next week.

5 6 new episodes, 5 days a week, airing at 5PM. Starting Monday. With a 1/2 hour special on Thursday. Episodes airing out-of-order, title changes, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

KiN0

Uncle Grandpa is a cartoon in the purest sense. It takes all the liberties and the only liberties that one can do in animation. Just because it's weird and silly doesn't make it bad. It's just a different style that SU. UG has its serious moments, just as SU has its silly ones. I have a feeling the crossover will have to meet in the middle. I am putting my trust in the creators of both shows, clearly they wouldn't have gone through with it if it was something that they felt wouldn't work.

UG has serious moments? I mean, there are some surprisingly thoughtful episodes but never anything like Max Capacity or even bubble buddies.

Whatever. I trust the creators to find a middle ground that works for both series.

TheOGB

Banned
WHAT. THE. HELL.

I don't know where that schedule is from, but both Zap2it.com and CN's own site are now listing Rose's Scabbard airing on Monday at 5PM. CartoonNetwork.com goes even further by also listing Message and Political Power on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively. If this is all legit, than we are having one hell of a week next week.

5 new episodes, 5 days a week, airing at 5PM. Starting Monday. With a 1/2 hour special on Thursday. Episodes airing out-of-order, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!
tumblr_inline_ndk4aiG6mA1qdo426.gif

oh boy

vypek

WHAT. THE. HELL.

5 new episodes, 5 days a week, airing at 5PM. Starting Monday. With a 1/2 hour special on Thursday. Episodes airing out-of-order, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!
CN says that as well? Hm, hope my DVR gets notified if true. Just checked it out and it says new episodes will just be on Thursday

ffdgh

WHAT. THE. HELL.

Wait what?

latest

Bryko

Hope they're not messing with the airing order. Open Book was originally supposed to air right after Rose's Scabbard, and the placement of the two-parter in the middle of the schedule makes no sense. Plus it seems weird to completely overhaul the airing schedule less than a week in advance (not that it's unheard of).

Psxphile

No one's really sure what's going on. It could easily be a scheduling error. But it's not unheard of for CN to do this so abruptly or to schedule a week of single-show premieres (remember Adventure Time during Turkey week last year?). Hopefully we'll get some confirmation soon, as news is starting to spread around fast. If we really are scheduled for a Steven Universe week, we should start seeing some on-air advertisements after Marble Madness airs this Thursday.

Hamlet

WHAT. THE. HELL.

5 6 new episodes, 5 days a week, airing at 5PM. Starting Monday. With a 1/2 hour special on Thursday. Episodes airing out-of-order, title changes, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

Ooh going to be a good week.
tumblr_inline_nke33b2wyx1qdo426.gif

PaulloDEC

Well, this sounds pretty sweet. It's like the opposite of the Gravity Falls release schedule.

Incidentally, what are the odds of a full-season Blu-Ray set for SU when the season wraps?

Well, this sounds pretty sweet. It's like the opposite of the Gravity Falls release schedule.

Incidentally, what are the odds of a full-season Blu-Ray set for SU when the season wraps?

You've been asking for it and Disney XD is happy to announce back to back Gravity Falls season 2 week! Revisit great episodes of S2 back to back throughout the week as you get ready for the 3 year wait for the newest episode.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
UG has serious moments? I mean, there are some surprisingly thoughtful episodes but never anything like Max Capacity or even bubble buddies.

Whatever. I trust the creators to find a middle ground that works for both series.

Certainly not SU levels of serious, for sure. That's comparing apples and oranges. I meant serious for the context of UG.

Raxus

Just to bring in the hype here is a summary of the next episodes up to episode 50.

Marble Madness
Episode 44
Steven and the Gems encounter another droid from space.

Rose’s Scabbard
Episode 45
Steven joins Pearl on a Special Mission to a place that belonged to Rose Quartz, Steven’s mother.

The Message
Episode 46
Steven and the Gems try to retrieve a message from the Wailing Stone.

Political Power
Episode 47
The Crystal Gems cause a power outage in Beach City so Steven helps Mayor Dewey control the situation.

The Return
Episode 48
A new threat arrives in Beach City.
Jail Break
Episode 49
Steven teams up with a new ally to rescue the Gems.

Open Book

Episode 50
Steven and Connie want a new ending to a beloved book series, so Steven takes them into Rose’s Room to re-enact it.

FYI Episodes 48 and 49 are almost definitely
a two part story
and this places us 2 episodes away from the season finale.

KiN0

This season isn't even over and I'm already excited for the next one. I can't wait to see where the writers go with this show.

[IG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/6918a291413dae1f991c72648fd6e920/tumblr_nkno1bKc5H1sp6douo2_400.gif[/IMG]
IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/f41cee27111981c4ef7332138145f707/tumblr_nkno1bKc5H1sp6douo1_400.gif[/IMG]
[IG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/d227eefd27706d28e23799d0b84d80db/tumblr_nkno1bKc5H1sp6douo3_400.gif[/IMG]

Link
i knew that somewhere in the link somebody would say "oraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraora"

rexor0717

Not entirely related, but Estelle (Garnet's Voice) had a part on Empire tonight. I decided to check some of her music, first song to come on was "Make Her Say". Welp, now I have the mental image of Garnet telling me to "beat the pussy up".
88EGmCc.gif

vypek

Not entirely related, but Estelle (Garnet's Voice) had a part on Empire tonight. I decided to check some of her music, first song to come on was "Make Her Say". Welp, now I have the mental image of Garnet telling me to "beat the pussy up".
88EGmCc.gif

lol, excellent!

My DVR has finally updated properly to show that there are 6 episodes next week. Oddly enough, the one airing on Wednesday isn't marked as "new" so I had to manually set it to record.

That was pretty good. Shits going down! My only problem is that it felt a little rushed. I feel like this show would sometimes be better off with a 22 minute format.

Raxus

Hmm, why didn't Peridot know who the Crystal Gems were but Lapiz did?

I assume it has a lot to do with the gems all being captured/losing their physical forms. Peridot is from the Home World much like Pearl, Garnet, Lapiz and Rose(?). Lapiz was imprisoned until Steven set her free. Peridot probably just assumed all the gems went feral or were rendered inert after the Kindergarten shut down. We should know more in a few episodes :D

My prediction:

Rose, Garnet, Pearl and Lapiz were sent to Earth to harvest gems. Rose grew a conscious and didn't want to kill everything that the Kindergarten was harvesting from Earth and revolted. All but Lapiz disagreed and she was imprisoned. The gems they made were (mostly) captured with a few remaining and Lapiz being captured when she disagreed with Rose and wanted to go home.

Still LOTS of inconsistencies I have to iron out but I am fairly confident POSSIBLE SPOILER
Lapiz will come back to help Steven before the season ends.
Which hopefully adds more context to what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom