• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

Anteater

gedosato stopped working for me at some point ;__; I thought i did some stupid shit with window's permission but I rolled back to an older version and it started working again

luca_29_bg

what is the last version of gedosato that works on windows 10 ?
Latest version doesn't work at all!

And how to get the old versions ? There is a way ?

Anteater

I'm still using Gedosato religiously lol, I could remove the stupid ass bloom effect in prince of persia the sands of time using injectPSHash 7c645767, game looks so much better without it, and I really dislike using nvidia's DSR, I could never get that sharpness slider right.

screenshot_2016-12-10oxsix.jpg
screenshot_2016-12-10wfseh.jpg

so is it technically possible to target certain post processing effects and remove them while leaving the hud alone?

azxza

Hey guys, I had no problem using GeDoSaTo with Guilty Gear Xrd but I can't make it work with Revelator. Has anyone had any luck?

nynt9

Is it possible to use gedosato to force games to run at a lower resolution than intended? If so how? Trying to run games on a potato. Do I change renderResolution to 960x540@30?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is it possible to use gedosato to force games to run at a lower resolution than intended? If so how? Trying to run games on a potato. Do I change renderResolution to 960x540@30?

Keep the @60 (or whatever your refresh rate is) the same, just lower the resolution.

joeblow

I'm new to this program and cannot get it to work for Pillars of Eternity despite the fact that it is on the white list. Can someone give me step by step instructions to get it working (AMD 390 Nitro)?

I only want to use the downsampling feature, and I added 2560x1440@60 to the "Settings" file. In-game when I select that resolution, it simply stays at 1080P. I tried disabling full screen and other tweaks to make it output in window mode, but nothing has worked. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lime

I'm having a bit of trouble with Dragon's Dogma at the moment. It started crashing at startup after I updated the ENB to 3.0. Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, I switched to another hard drive and now it somehow works.

54-46!

I've been trying to get this to work with Devil May Cry 3 and the Style switcher mod but all I get is this, only the top left part of the screen is visible:

I've set the game resolution to 3840x2160 and it GeDeSaTo downscales to 1920x1080. Is there a general fix for this?

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
I can't get GeDoSaTo working with Dark Souls 2 (OG, not SoTFS). I haven't used GeDoSaTo since DDDA came out a year ago, but I remember it being pretty simple to get working.

Everything's up to date. Uninstalled and reinstalled GeDoSaTo. Reinstalled Visual Studio redists.

Supersampling resolution options aren't listed at all in the resolution options ingame, and I can't get framerate limiting working either. Haven't tried testing the additional graphics options since I haven't been able to get the more basic options working. Windows 7. Running as admin. GeDoSaTo is in activated mode. I leave it running in the background.

I need some sort of sanity check, because I feel like I'm missing something really basic since it's been over a year since I last used it, but I remember it being really straightforward.

I'm worried that a recent update to GeDoSaTo or Windows may have broken something, and nobody's noticed because anybody wanting to play DS2 at this point would probably rather play SoTFS instead. Anybody with everything up to date still have GeDoSaTo and DS2 OG playing nice together?

Edit: I fixed my problem by manually rolling back to an earlier build. It seems the current one's broken for Dark Souls 2.

Hey all

I started to use GeDoSaTo for Valkyrie Chronicles and it's working marvelously

I tried to use it for Pillars of Eternity using the config quoted below but I can't seem to get it work in game. Every time I boot up PoE, the mouse seems to act up. I can't click on any options unless I move the mouse away to be able to select anything. As if the cursor isn't inline with where it actually shows it is.

Any help would be wonderful, thank you!

clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
scalingType lanczos
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
modifyGetCursorPos true
modifyGetClientRect false

TheTrain

Hey all

I started to use GeDoSaTo for Valkyrie Chronicles and it's working marvelously

I tried to use it for Pillars of Eternity using the config quoted below but I can't seem to get it work in game. Every time I boot up PoE, the mouse seems to act up. I can't click on any options unless I move the mouse away to be able to select anything. As if the cursor isn't inline with where it actually shows it is.

Any help would be wonderful, thank you!

Sorry for the late reply but try with this config:

clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 5120x2880@144
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
modifyGetCursorPos false

Yeah, basically i'm telling you to disable the GetCursorBlabla. I've tried right now and in this way the game works as intended and so the downsampling through GeDo.
Oh, this is with the latest version of the tool, 0.21

Coreda

Updated to the latest version but can't get Dishonored 1 to launch when it's activated. Tried clearing all settings from the user override Dishonored-specific item, and also tried pre-configuring the game to use windowed or fullscreen but still nothing.

Any ideas what I may need to change for it work?

The goal is to be able to downsample from a non-native monitor aspect ratio (21:9) without enabling the global 'Aspect Ratio' GPU scaling in the Nvidia settings (it's currently set to 'No scaling'), since I regularly play newer games at smaller than native res without scaling and have had issues after enabling Aspect Ratio GPU scaling in TW3 where it became stuck and couldn't go back to No Scaling without re-installing the graphics driver.

Updated to the latest version but can't get Dishonored 1 to launch when it's activated. Tried clearing all settings from the user override Dishonored-specific item, and also tried pre-configuring the game to use windowed or fullscreen but still nothing.

Any ideas what I may need to change for it work?

The goal is to be able to downsample from a non-native monitor aspect ratio (21:9) without enabling the global 'Aspect Ratio' GPU scaling in the Nvidia settings (it's currently set to 'No scaling'), since I regularly play newer games at smaller than native res without scaling and have had issues after enabling Aspect Ratio GPU scaling in TW3 where it became stuck and couldn't go back to No Scaling without re-installing the graphics driver.

I'm no GeDoSaTo expert, but I do recall playing through the Dishonored DLCs with it enabled. Apart from the usual stuff (post processing, AA, borderless windowed) I also have this in my Dishonored user settings file:

Code:
interceptOnlySystemDlls true

Maybe that'll help?

Coreda

I'm no GeDoSaTo expert, but I do recall playing through the Dishonored DLCs with it enabled. Apart from the usual stuff (post processing, AA, borderless windowed) I also have this in my Dishonored user settings file:

Code:
interceptOnlySystemDlls true

Maybe that'll help?

Thanks, though still experiencing the crash on launch. I had installed ReShade for the game so tried moving the d3d9.dll, d3d9.ini and d3d9.log files out of the game's directory to see if that was causing it to conflict but the same thing occurred.

Found this thread on the ReShade board where the dev had forked Durante's repo and removed everything not related to downsampling (they mentioned doing so fixed a conflict they were having with GeDoSaTo) but unfortunately the repo 404s now so it must have been deleted :/

Also tried resetting the Nvidia Inspector profile to the defaults but again no luck. Maybe I need an older version of GeDoSaTo or something.

Top Bottom