• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

KainXVIII

I hope i set AO for DDAA right =)

pluginOverride GenericDepthPlugin

# party status display
injectPSHash 9a9cd663
# loading screen
injectPSHash 82c3831b
# pause menu
injectPSHash 5ad54877
# quest marker
injectPSHash ae5c9c88

# hair outside
injectAOHash 3ac72a5d
# hair dungeon
injectAOHash 3465b431
# ts dungeon
injectAOHash 19a80ea7

Dr Dogg

I forgot to mention that frame dumping now makes it much easier to identify target shaders, since it dumps at every shader change and lists the shader hash in the filename. This is particularly important if you need more than 1 shader -- you can now also directly test these by reloading settings while the game is running as long as "TrackShaders" is enabled. However, this also means that you need to be careful about which resolution you do a framedump at -- you don't want 20 GB+ of data per dump ;)

I found this out the hard way when I was playing about with it in XCOM. At 1920x1080 I kind of lost access to my PC for close to 45 mins and pretty much filled up my OS drive. Still lesson learned and yet another great feature.

Durante

I found this out the hard way when I was playing about with it in XCOM. At 1920x1080 I kind of lost access to my PC for close to 45 mins and pretty much filled up my OS drive. Still lesson learned and yet another great feature.
Yeah, I probably need a setting for it for games which do a lot of shader changes and don't allow you to set really low resolutions.

I hope i set AO for DDAA right =)
You are missing the latest shader hashes I added yesterday, here. Also, ideally, you should put the "pluginOverride GenericDepthPlugin" into a user config file (press the "U" button in the GUI while editing the DDDA config). This way, it won't get lost on updates.

Durante

I just pushed an update with a 64 bit version of both GeDoSaTo and the injection shim.

If anyone has a DX9 64 bit game (I don't have any I'm aware of) please give it a try!

Adry9

I'm trying to get this to work with DmC but every time I start the game the loading circle appears for a sec and then nothing happens, game won't start. Any idea what the problem might be?

Running on a 7950, and Windows 10 64bit.

EDIT: Not running FRAPS or any other software, also tried disabling steam overlay but it didn't help.

EDIT2: There seems to be some sort of error with the installation.

0Hch6g8.png

Roughly translated: "Reference at/to object no established as an instance of an object."

EDIT3: Tried everything and I don't know what's the problem. I can start the game with GeDoSaTo deactivated and activate it afterwards but it doesn't work, it's like if it wasn't installed.

KainXVIII

Yeah, I probably need a setting for it for games which do a lot of shader changes and don't allow you to set really low resolutions.

You are missing the latest shader hashes I added yesterday, here. Also, ideally, you should put the "pluginOverride GenericDepthPlugin" into a user config file (press the "U" button in the GUI while editing the DDDA config). This way, it won't get lost on updates.

Thanks, i updated to latest version.
AO looks fine (maybe except The Final Battle cutscenes), also at post-game Gran Soren has strange AO artifacts, i'll screen them later..
UPD - but i can't recreate this glitch, maybe its just me lol =)

Jumpman

Not sure if you ever fixed it but I was having the same problem as well. Fixed it by uninstalling GeDoSaTo and reinstalling it in a folder that has no spaces in it. It wasn't working in program files so I installed it in my games folder and now it works.

I gave up since it wasn't super urgent at the time and I didn't want to spend too much time wrestling with it. I'll get back to it eventually and I'll keep your suggestion in mind, thanks. :)

Echoplx

I just pushed an update with a 64 bit version of both GeDoSaTo and the injection shim.

If anyone has a DX9 64 bit game (I don't have any I'm aware of) please give it a try!

I have Crysis installed so I'll give it a go with that, I think RAGE is also DX9 64bit but I'm not downloading all those megatextures right now :p

EDIT: Ok downsampling and borderless fullscreen work but the mouse fix doesn't seem to function anymore (I tried all the mouse options) This is the case for the 32bit version as well.

HUD toggling, AA and post processing all seem to work fine too.

crysisq8snh.jpg

[Asmodean]

Haven't checked here in a while. Nice work, man ^-^

I believe Guild Wars 2 is a game running x64 with DX9. (for what it's worth. if people have that, and would like to test).

Shepard

Is there any way to use GeDosato on Win10 without turning off secure boot on my bios? It's automatically turned on and it doesnt offer the option to disable it :\

Seronei

I'm curious, has anyone gotten this to work in Fifa15/16? I've had absolutely no luck trying to get them running with GeDoSaTo enhancements.

KainXVIII

Thanks, i updated to latest version.
AO looks fine (maybe except The Final Battle cutscenes), also at post-game Gran Soren has strange AO artifacts, i'll screen them later..
UPD - but i can't recreate this glitch, maybe its just me lol =)

I think i found it, on certain resolutions (2560x1440) AO is bugged, but on others (like 2880x1620) its looks fine.

Its hard to see (but very visible in motion), there are dark vertical lines on lighted wall everywhere at 2560x1440
n8zelK5.jpg

At 2880x1620 there are no vertical lines
r4cAGLW.jpg

galneon

Neo Member
It seems HL2/Portal no longer work. I hadn't tried it on previous versions of GDST, but considering it is whitelisted by default, I'm guessing it used to work.

I wouldn't say it crashes to desktop as it doesn't get that far--"hl2.exe has stopped working" right away. Windows 7 x64.

MGrant

Is there a reason why updates remove all (custom) settings from INI files?

You gotta create a user profile by pressing "U" next to the profile list at the bottom.

I'm having trouble with the AO right now. It seems enabling the Generic Depth Plugin causes black screens for me when I walk into certain areas/put the camera at certain angles in post-game Gran Soren. Removing the AO fixes the problem. Not sure what's up.

EDIT: I see others have similar problems; I'll try different resolutions (was on 1440p).

galneon

Neo Member
Just tried out Risen, which is also still whitelisted, and which probably should not be.

With only downsampling applied, it's a disaster of missing meshes. You start out on a beach facing into the island, but when using a downsampled resolution, all you can see is water everywhere with some obscure objects in the sky and buried behind the fog. Practically all geometry is invisible. It looks fine with GDST enabled with no downsampling.

Durante

You gotta create a user profile by pressing "U" next to the profile list at the bottom.

I'm having trouble with the AO right now. It seems enabling the Generic Depth Plugin causes black screens for me when I walk into certain areas/put the camera at certain angles in post-game Gran Soren. Removing the AO fixes the problem. Not sure what's up.

EDIT: I see others have similar problems; I'll try different resolutions (was on 1440p).
Hmm, I've played through the entire game with GeDoSaTo/AO and never encountered that. (Note that I used 3200x1800 resolution)

Just tried out Risen, which is also still whitelisted, and which probably should not be.

With only downsampling applied, it's a disaster of missing meshes. You start out on a beach facing into the island, but when using a downsampled resolution, all you can see is water everywhere with some obscure objects in the sky and buried behind the fog. Practically all geometry is invisible. It looks fine with GDST enabled with no downsampling.
Interesting, might be a rather rare regression. Could you try some older versions?

zma1013

So I just got Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin and was wondering if this is compatible with that or do I even need it if I'm not downsampling? Does it do anything extra to add graphical effects or anything?

So I just got Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin and was wondering if this is compatible with that or do I even need it if I'm not downsampling? Does it do anything extra to add graphical effects or anything?

Scholar of the First Sin is DX11; GeDoSaTo only supports DX9 right now. You can use it with the original 32-bit DX9 package if you have that.

Anteater

I give up finding a hash for RE5 Gold Edition, fuck that game :(

Game looks so pretty too but I could only find a hash that works for Lost in Nightmare and a certain part in the main campaign but fucks up all other levels

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I give up finding a hash for RE5 Gold Edition, fuck that game :(

Game looks so pretty too but I could only find a hash that works for Lost in Nightmare and a certain part in the main campaign but fucks up all other levels

When testing the original RE5, I remember one hash worked for the main campaign, one hash worked for the boat level of the main campaign. Just have to find the multiple hashes and use em all.

Anteater

When testing the original RE5, I remember one hash worked for the main campaign, one hash worked for the boat level of the main campaign. Just have to find the multiple hashes and use em all.

yeah the hash I found only worked for that chapter, but for some reason I couldn't find one that works for the other levels I dumped the frames on

similarly with RE6, the hash I found works for the chapter I framedumped on but it's messed up for the other levels, like it removes the models and stuff

you guys should find the hashes for the RE games to end my suffering :p

looks like warhammer space marine might need multiple hashes too... D:

Unai

Is there any way to reduce the time that the message "HUD rendering enabled/disabled" appear on screen? I ask this because it shows in the screenshots that I take with Steam. I know I could use GeDoSaTo to take hudless screenshots but would loss the hability to upload them to Steam without some work.

Lime

Is there any way to reduce the time that the message "HUD rendering enabled/disabled" appear on screen? I ask this because it shows in the screenshots that I take with Steam. I know I could use GeDoSaTo to take hudless screenshots but would loss the hability to upload them to Steam without some work.

the line

Code:
# Number of seconds on-screen messages are displayed for
messageSeconds 10

set 10 to something much lower

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I've been trying to play GTAIV recently, but I've had a lot of issues.

After finally getting it to be somewhat stable, I installed the ENB/icenhancer stuff to it, but I got a problem.

When I use GeDoSaTo to run in 4K, the picture gets cut off. Anyone experience this?

BONKERS

Is there any chance in the future you could take a look at Raiden III?

The game is a re-release of an old port from a decade ago, and it's resolution locked to 640x480 (The game won't even start if you rotate your desktop to 480x640 even)

Forcing any downsampling res also refuses to start the game. Forcing Present Res in addition to that produces
Raiden32016021504272.png

I'm personally playing it with forced AA on a Tate'd 31khz CRT , but not everyone has such a monitor laying around. And so they only get upscaled 480p (With some AA forced if they have an Nvidia card) but it's not ideal.
I'm not sure if a frame dump log would be of any help but http://pastebin.com/PK5tZZHg

Raiden IV is locked to a max of 1080p too, but runs on OGL. But luckily i've been able to find the Address in the .exe where the resolution is stored and replaced without issue.

galneon

Neo Member
Ah, sorry. I was basing this on the fact that Steam minimum requirements lists DX 10, but do not have the game myself so I couldn't test. It appears you're right and Steam is wrong.

Lime

I am getting this in my screenshots of Resident Evil 5 cutscenes with GeDoSaTo? The cutscenes themselves are fine, but the screenshots aren't. What do you think gives? It's the letterbox that's corrupted.

screenshot_2016-02-23m1l52.jpg

HUDless screenshotting perhaps?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I am getting this in my screenshots of Resident Evil 5 cutscenes with GeDoSaTo? The cutscenes themselves are fine, but the screenshots aren't. What do you think gives? It's the letterbox that's corrupted.

screenshot_2016-02-23m1l52.jpg

HUDless screenshotting perhaps?

Hudless screenshots capture what is being rendered beneath the letterbox bars yeah.

Anteater

yo darksiders 2 deathinitive works with Gedosato now, I believe it's a 64-bit game, I just noticed when I saw some screenshots in the gedosato folder today

think it's using the same exe name as the original too lol

but Mafia 2 is crashing on my end, not sure if it's just me, it'll crash with injectPShash or injectRenderState in its profile but loads fine if I remove it.

golem09

Neo Member
I've been trying to get GeDoSaTo to work with Pillars of Eternity for almost an hour now, but I just can't figure out why it's not working. My current Pillars .ini:

Code:
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 3840x2160@60

presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080
presentHz 60

scalingType lanczos
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
modifyGetCursorPos true

The only thing this does is messing with the cursor position. The game is still in 1080p, but the game cursor only works in the upper left corner. The resolution is not changed at all, and no info is shown when I press +.

Unai

I've been trying to get GeDoSaTo to work with Pillars of Eternity for almost an hour now, but I just can't figure out why it's not working. My current Pillars .ini:

Code:
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 3840x2160@60

presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080
presentHz 60

scalingType lanczos
forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes true
modifyGetCursorPos true

The only thing this does is messing with the cursor position. The game is still in 1080p, but the game cursor only works in the upper left corner. The resolution is not changed at all, and no info is shown when I press +.

You have to change the resolution in-game, but since there's no info on + maybe there's something else wrong too.

golem09

Neo Member
I only get to set resolutions above 1080p if I use Nvidia DSR. If I turn it off, and only use GeDoSaTo, 1080p is the max. Is GeDoSaTo supposed to show more resolution options with this game? Isn't is usually just forcing whatever you set in the ini?
Hmm, so even if I set my desktop resolution to 4k, and then choose 4k in Pillars, it still is just 1080p upscaled to 4k, downscaled to 1080p.

Top Bottom