• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Tries To Explain Naked Norman Reedus At Tribeca

____

fake_surprise.gif

lol I'm assuming he means there's a [finished/fully written] plot

killatopak

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Taro only has 1 commercial hit. Hideo has been making hits for years. I'm a Taro fan but for you think this doesn't make sense, and sounds like bandwagon hopping to me. If anything it should be the other way around.

Taro has had the budget of a happy meal for every game he has made. His latest game had a budget for a big mac is why it did well. Give him a budget for a fancy restaurant and we'll know if Taro is a true genious or just a one hit wonder.

“Let’s say that Norman’s character is walking in New York (and the game is not set in New York, this is just an example), we’re trying to see if what we can depict with Decima Engine actually looks like New York, if it scales correctly and feels good there. Let’s say the character goes in an Italian restaurant, who the character meets going into the restaurant, what he will be eating, all those details are decided, are set.”
So, I guess what he's saying is, the location isn't really set in stone but the character interactions and the essential actions driving the plot are?

Neff

MGSV was the highest rated and one of the best selling games of 2015. How exactly did he not deliver for Konami?

I swear, anti-kojima posters all live in their own fantasy world. In no way was MGSV some kind of failure.

I'm happy to go on record as saying it's the best MGS game.

so1337

Kojima wanted people to first see him without any clothes on so they could later see his transformation as different clothes, equipment, and hairstyles are added.
"I'm pretty much making this shit up as I go along."

Kojima wanted people to first see him without any clothes on so they could later see his transformation as different clothes, equipment, and hairstyles are added.

This feels like what Snyder did with BvS, with the destruction.

"Oh, they don't like Quiets weird sexualism? WELL FINE! DICKS IN YOUR FACE IMMEDIATELY."

Biske

I'll accept nothing less than an explanation that his penis is too powerful, so powerful that it is radio active and anything covering it would cause the atoms to bounce back into each other and start a chain reaction, so it has to swing wild and free lest it reach critical mass.

Mister Wolf

Seriously.

I had no idea so many forum members here work for Konami

Waited a long time to play Metal Gear Solid V. Sat through all of the trailer hype, Sutherland hype, etc. Didn't like the game at all. I could be being too negative but I'm worried Death Stranding might end up the same for me as I can only go by his last work.

Waited a long time to play Metal Gear Solid V. Sat through all of the trailer hype, Sutherland hype, etc. Didn't like the game at all. I could be being too negative but I'm worried Death Stranding might end up the same for me as I can only go by his last work.

Nah, only reason people were disappointment by mgsv is that the game was incomplete and didn't live up to the previous entries.

New universe, new everything and it's all good.. DS Kojima unshackled.

Pizza

when his uncompleted game is still better than 99% of games released in the last decade, you know you can have confidence

This, in my mind the game ended once you caught skullface and the metal gear and I loved every fucking minute of it. Once the game hit the part where it was remix missions until it was over i couldn't finish it, and it seems like that's about where the game started having a seriously troubled dev cycle. Plays like a dream though.

Then if Metal Gear Survive is just okay, it still has that really really really great gameplay base. I'm hoping it's an accidental great time.

Also stoked af for death stranding. I feel like he's trying hard to do a cool thing and knows how many people follow him

Mister Wolf

Nah, only reason people were disappointment by mgsv is that the game was incomplete and didn't live up to the previous entries.

New universe, new everything and it's all good.. DS Kojima unshackled.

Well hopefully it doesn't have a story I dislike, repetitive missions, or take place in a dull lifeless sandbox.

Alienous

I just hope the gameplay is interesting.

The comparisons he made to The Division seem to point towards it just being third-person shooter. The death mechanics seems to be player death teleporting you to a different open world, one you might have to fight your way out of, but I hope there's more to it than that.

notacat

Ahh, funny. Recently I've started going through MGSV again. It's no MGS2 or 3, but the gameplay is fairly good. At least in the beginning parts of it.

Sucks you didn't like it though, maybe you got too hyped up for it? What were your big dislikes about it specifically? Just curious.

Jetboxx

I will never understand how this man is considered a genius.
True. Sure, MGS2 was a masterpiece. But he has been in decline since then (MGS3 and MGS4 are good but they're nothing like MGS2, as for me). Kojima is too overhyped. There are way more talented personalities in game development such as Tomonobu Itagaki, Taro Yoko etc.

True. Sure, MGS2 was a masterpiece. But he has been in decline since then (MGS3 and MGS4 are good but they're nothing like MGS2, as for me). Kojima is too overhyped. There are way more talented personalities in game development such as Tomonobu Itagaki, Taro Yoko etc.

Yoko taro just had his first successful game let's pump the brakes mentioning him in the same breath has Kojima. Not defending the man but he's been a slave of mgs for too long eventually.

big fake

f3d7fe4b7934ce9677ef949cc2dc76d3.gif

Jetboxx

Yoko taro just had his first successful game let's pump the brakes mentioning him in the same breath has Kojima. Not defending the man but he's been a slave of mgs for too long eventually.
Actually, I liked NieR: Automata less than his previous games. Still it's very good.

Pez

Ah man, all this neogaf dick-swinging love takes me back to when dorito pope was on the verge of an emotional breakdown introducing Kojima at last year's game awards.

I feel like Kojima is starting to become a parody of himself, but this thread is bringing back so many lolz.

Galmteam

Neo Member

This. Don't understand why this guy is getting so much love lately.

Admittedly, I have not finished Nier: Automata because I think the combat is just so damn boring (at the beginning at least), but even that withstanding, the guy's name has been attached to exactly *one* *good* game by most accounts.

I hope I come to love this guy as much as everyone else apparently does at some point, I guess.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Kojima being Kojima...

Kohima acts like a man desperately fighting off his own sexuality. EG he had a naked Norman Reedus because reasons. He had the first half hour of MGS spent crouching in a hospital behind someone's buttcrack because reasons. And he sends out a tweet about rainbows or whatever while having to explicitly state he isn't gay. Dude has issues. He should just embrace his instincts. All that sexual confusion is just slowing down his ability to make us games more quickly.

He is not gay?

Kohima acts like a man desperately fighting off his own sexuality. EG he had a naked Norman Reedus because reasons. He had the first half hour of MGS spent crouching in a hospital behind someone's buttcrack because reasons. And he sends out a tweet about rainbows or whatever while having to explicitly state he isn't gay. Dude has issues. He should just embrace his instincts. All that sexual confusion is just slowing down his ability to make us games more quickly.

What the fuck?

And on the other hand, he directed Metal Gear Solid 1. Good hands.

i should have explained my comment better due to the divisive nature of MGS2, i love that game and think it's one of the most important texts in the medium.
MGS1 is 'just' a Fantastic Game but didn't achieve what he pulled off in the sequel.

This board is weird to me sometimes, it seems weird how some people are trying to make him out as this talentless, self centered, hack.

I feel he's likely a lot nicer and less self serious than people here make him out to be.

Not gonna lie I never saw Norman Reeds as hot. I vastly preferred a great deal of his co-stars to him but boy I don't know why but when that trailer first c am e out and I saw that bod I was blown away even if just for a few seconds.

Seriously.

I had no idea so many forum members here work for Konami

Reject the evidence of your eyes and ears,

Ah man, all this neogaf dick-swinging love takes me back to when dorito pope was on the verge of an emotional breakdown introducing Kojima at last year's game awards.

I feel like Kojima is starting to become a parody of himself, but this thread is bringing back so many lolz.

This is very much post-fame Cobain. First he was a weirdo in earnest, now he does it as a gimmick.

notacat

Reject the evidence of your eyes and ears,

Nice try, Psycho mantis!

i dunno, I really liked Snatcher despite its simple game mechanics. Hideo doesn't look like a one-trick pony to me.

He also visited a ton of developers and picked Horizon's Decima engine out of everything he saw. Arguably the best engine out atm. Also nice how MGSV looked good, yet hit 60 fps.

All things pointing toward awesome. Plus I hear Death Stranding has a plot! Heheh

Mister Wolf

Ahh, funny. Recently I've started going through MGSV again. It's no MGS2 or 3, but the gameplay is fairly good. At least in the beginning parts of it.

Sucks you didn't like it though, maybe you got too hyped up for it? What were your big dislikes about it specifically? Just curious.

It isn't just about the gameplay for me. MGSV looks nice and Snake controls nice. I don't like the sandbox mission based structure or the base building aspect. I prefer the older style of Metal Gear like 1,3, and 4. I also think the story in V is drivel and the sandbox areas boring. When I noticed the repetitiveness of the missions I knew I had enough and dropped it. Its not the Metal Gear I once knew and loved but more power to the people who enjoy it and like the direction he went with Metal Gear V.

Dabanton

I have a bad feeling about this one.

Kojima allowed to do whatever he wants on Sony's dime. Who at Sony is going to tell him no and sour that relationship? Sony will have to grin and bare whatever he comes up with.

It's going to be interesting at least. The trailer was b-movie bonkers. Although I don't expect to see this game until 2019 at the most.

Sony will have to grin and bare whatever he comes up with.

I sincerely doubt they look at it that way. They're clearly happy that he's making a game exclusively for them. Andrew House had hearts in his eyes when he introduced Kojima and announced the partnership with Kojima Productions. Why do people here act like Kojima is some sort of burden? He didn't force himself onto Sony. They went after one another because they know they are the best thing for one another.

Top Bottom