• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

AGAewKG.jpg
Oh my

Paltheos

SEED Destiny isn't boring because it is rage inducingly bad. Like it gets worse and worse and then you hit the wedding episode and you don't think it couldn't possibly get any worse and it does. It just gets so much worse.

I'm in the minority on this, but I've always believed the show becomes totally and completely broken for good at episode 28, well before Shinn's shit-headedness and the conspiracy nonsense reach critical mass.

Anyways, jp anitwitter having a field day with iphone X.
*Gundam X phone images*

It's a sign from the heavens. Together with the blu ray release of Gundam X, this means Bandai should release the MG X Divider we've all (I've) been hoping for. ... Please, Bandai. :(

MechaX

I rewatched 0083 for the entirety of today and I do feel bad for Captain Synapse.

Dude not only took the blame for stealing Unit 3 (in which his operation was a failure), but the fact that he attacked the Cima Fleet really put a target sight on his back by Bask as well (where he actually might have gone off with a slap on the wrist but for that).

My catharsis is that Monsha was some random mook that got bodied by Camille in Zeta.

I rewatched 0083 for the entirety of today and I do feel bad for Captain Synapse.

Dude not only took the blame for stealing Unit 3 (in which his operation was a failure), but the fact that he attacked the Cima Fleet really put a target sight on his back by Bask as well (where he actually might have gone off with a slap on the wrist but for that).

My catharsis is that Monsha was some random mook that got bodied by Camille in Zeta.
Getting killed by Kamille is karma for hitting on Nina.

I saw the unicorn statue last night... Guys this thing is amazing in real life and it wasn't even finished... Think the feet still need work. Totally want a gunpla of unicorn corn now despite hearing all the gripes about them.

He really drew the short end of the straw. I saw conflicting answers online for what happened to him. Some say there's supplementary material that implies he
wasn't executed for what happened in 0083 but there's also a discussion about whether he was in fact given a reprieve in time before everything was sealed and destroyed like mentioned in the series' epilogue.

duckroll

Wow the Garma state funeral stuff in Gundam the Origin 3 was incredible. Fuck. The way Yas did the layouts and the panels for the entire sequence. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

He really drew the short end of the straw. I saw conflicting answers online for what happened to him. Some say there's supplementary material that implies he
wasn't executed for what happened in 0083 but there's also a discussion about whether he was in fact given a reprieve in time before everything was sealed and destroyed like mentioned in the series' epilogue.
That fool should have been killed by Fa in the Menthuss.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
A G-Reco compilation seems like a bad idea.

G-Reco is already an incomprehensible mess. I have watched it all the way through twice and I still have no idea what the fuck happened or why.

Cutting more content is going to be weird.

I would be up for a G-Reco remake though. Like I love the character designs, the mecha designs and the world of the series.

A G-Reco compilation seems like a bad idea.

G-Reco is already an incomprehensible mess. I have watched it all the way through twice and I still have no idea what the fuck happened or why.

Cutting more content is going to be weird.

I would be up for a G-Reco remake though. Like I love the character designs, the mecha designs and the world of the series.

While the first watch when it was airing weekly was a bit confusing due to forgetting minor details or conversations in-between episodes, I thought it was a lot more comprehensible when I marathon'd through it and could pick up on connections or foreshadowing more easily. Compilation movies could easily streamline a lot of it, if done properly.

putermcgee

I just watched the episode of Gundam UC RE:0096 with Loni, and her story gets me choked up every time. And Riddhe can eat my shorts.

I just watched the episode of Gundam UC RE:0096 with Loni, and her story gets me choked up every time. And Riddhe can eat my shorts.
"Riddhe, let's help the girl nuking the city with her dino mobile armor."
"Dude are you fucking insane shoot dat bitch."
"But Riddhe, she'll feel the power of my love and it'll convert her, cuz we're newtypes."
"...."
*Riddhe shoots Loni*

AALLx

Found this on reddit, there's currently a poll on the Gundam Info japanese site on which kit should get a Ver. Ka next: http://www.gundam.info/top.php

Poll is on the left-hand side of the site. I was split on either the God Gundam or the Barbatos Lupus Rex, but went with the Lupus Rex, as I've been longing for an IBO MG.

Glad to see G-Self and Barbatos Lupus Rex in the top spots in that poll. G-Self needs an MG, and I want to see a MG take on almost any IBO kit. Ended up voting for G-Self, but I would buy both if they were available.

NEO0MJ

If we get an MG G-Self I wonder what backpack they'll offer. Hope they don't go for Atmospheric Pack, that was the most dull one.

"Riddhe, let's help the girl nuking the city with her dino mobile armor."
"Dude are you fucking insane shoot dat bitch."
"But Riddhe, she'll feel the power of my love and it'll convert her, cuz we're newtypes."
"...."
*Riddhe shoots Loni*

He gets too much shit for
killing people's favorite waifus, even though both wouldn't have hesitated to kill him in that moment.

Not to say he was completely innocent. He still creeped on Mineva, after all.

killing people's favorite waifus, even though both wouldn't have hesitated to kill him in that moment.

I let him off for killing Loni these days, but fucking Merida? No. That fuckboy can rot for that one.

yami4ct

I'd prefer the Perfect Pack if they can do it without stickers, but it's pretty excessive. The Space Pack looks good too.

Same for me. If they do a G-Self I'd prefer they go straight to the perfect pack. It shouldn't be too hard to do that without the stickers at MG level. Space Pack is OK but perfect is probably the only instant buy for me.

Voted God again this year. How freaking Zeta, Freedom, 00, and Destiny got on this list amazes me, much less the paltry sum of people who voted for them. These bastards get kits every month it seems like.

Paltheos

lol at the AGE-FX's standings. Nobody wants it, huh. It's the only kit there, except the G-Self, without a 1/100 release. At least it's head of the pack of the losers.

Out of the 4 picks with any sizeable number of votes, yeah, it seems like the G-Self deserves it the most. Zeta 2.0 and God are fine. BLR I fear will be a disaster no matter what you do (I'd be impressed if Bandai could engineer those orangutan arms to hold that gargantuan mace - the laws of leverage just aren't in their favor). G-Self's got nothing, and the perfect pack just seems like the stuff .ka kits should exist for. Yes - Big, excessively detailed, a waterslide sheet the size of my forearm.

AALLx

I saw the unicorn statue last night... Guys this thing is amazing in real life and it wasn't even finished... Think the feet still need work. Totally want a gunpla of unicorn corn now despite hearing all the gripes about them.

The RG is good, though I don't like the size of the shoulders, and the 180 degree knee-bend looks wrong.

If you have the money to splurge, go PG (or buy DM). PG is still the best representation, regardless of the RG's existence.

Or if you only want size, then get the 1/48 MegaSize. It's basically an oversized HG, but HG Unicorns look great for the most part. It also comes with waterslide decals.

My personal recommendation goes to the MG OVA HD + MS Cage. Looks great out of the box (plastic has a really nice gloss finish), the proportions are perfect, and it comes with a nice stand.

What, no, this is just completely wrong.

Loni just saved Rhidde and Banagher from a high-powered beam attack and was about to be reasoned with before Rhidde decided to play hero.

Marida literally ate the beam magnum just so Rhidde could return to his senses. At neither moment was Rhidde's life ever in danger before he decided to act like an insensitive jackass.

------

It'd be weird for them to make a Freedom Ver. Ka. I've already bought two MG 2.0's, and that P-Bandai expansion set. I wouldn't mind it though, more Freedom is a good thing.

novenD

New Gundam game just got announced at TGS! It's a sequel to Gundam: Battle Operation, but it also looks like it's pulling certain elements (like on-foot combat outside of MS's) from Operation Troy on the 360.

Trailer here.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
:(

Not a fan of either of those games, though I put a fair amount of time into BO especially.

Gimme more grand strategyyyyyyy

Doukou

lol at the AGE-FX's standings. Nobody wants it, huh. It's the only kit there, except the G-Self, without a 1/100 release. At least it's head of the pack of the losers.

Out of the 4 picks with any sizeable number of votes, yeah, it seems like the G-Self deserves it the most. Zeta 2.0 and God are fine. BLR I fear will be a disaster no matter what you do (I'd be impressed if Bandai could engineer those orangutan arms to hold that gargantuan mace - the laws of leverage just aren't in their favor). G-Self's got nothing, and the perfect pack just seems like the stuff .ka kits should exist for. Yes - Big, excessively detailed, a waterslide sheet the size of my forearm.

Doesn't Age FX have the 3rd highest votes or am I reading it wrong.

Top Bottom