• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Hearts R |OT| With Our Vitas Combined

Preordered my copy from bamco's online store last month once o heard I could get it there, but its not gonna be shipping any time soon and eta isn't until the 19-21. Considering cancelling and just getting it digitally, but I guess I could also use that time to finish up conception 2 and freedom wars as well as a few other games in my backlog.

Hikami

Hm.. still hasn't shipped even though its supposed to arrive tomorrow.. pretty sure it said it would ship the 7th too when I was ordering it last week. (from Bamco store)
432d9c564e.png
I wouldn't mind a delay I guess, need to finish some other games.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
False alarm. It's in Japanese. So it's a misprint.

The lack of a dub doesn't bother as much as the fact that the script is localized as if there were one. Every scene I've seen so far it's been kind of obvious the script doesn't match what's being said, even though I really don't understand Japanese at all. Honestly if it were cheaper I'd have even preferred cutting the JP audio and dubbing only the battles and animated cut scenes while leaving the story and skits unvoiced (which wouldn't feel like much of an issue since we can manually advance the text in them too).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The opening is a straight port of the NDS version right? Too bad it isn't even widescreen. :/

Bladenic

Even with the seemingly boneheaded localization and obvious rush job with no budget or care, I'm still excited to play Hearts in English. The original DS version was pretty good. I just hope the localization doesn't ruin some characters for me, I loved Hisui and Kohaku.

And the expansion to 4 person party is a game changer too, maybe now Kohaku will see some use (I thought she was pretty useless in the original along with Beryl, Shing/Innes/Hisui all the way).

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
So I saw Kor/Shing and that thing on his arm made me think of those dualist discs from YuGiOh, and now I can't stop imagining him doing battles by playing a card game.

On to something more serious, I actually like these graphics better than the graphics in ToZ. I probably will save up for this game next out of the Tales series just on that fact alone.

Phenomic

Hm.. still hasn't shipped even though its supposed to arrive tomorrow.. pretty sure it said it would ship the 7th too when I was ordering it last week. (from Bamco store)

I wouldn't mind a delay I guess, need to finish some other games.

The lady I spoke with on the phone at the Customer Service said there was a delay, but didn't give me much information. Mine says it will ship on the 18th. This seems to only effect Namco/Amazon orders as far as I can tell since other people have talked about Gamestop confirming their orders etc.

I'm just not going to fight it really and just wait for it to show up. I've got other stuff to play anyway. It is kind of a bummer though for a game that probably is going to sell so few copies and with the Vita struggling so much when it finally gets a unique title it gets botched.

Cornbread78

The lady I spoke with on the phone at the Customer Service said there was a delay, but didn't give me much information. Mine says it will ship on the 18th. This seems to only effect Namco/Amazon orders as far as I can

I'm just not going to fight it really and just wait for it to show up. I've got other stuff to play anyway. It is kind of a bummer though for a game that probably is going to sell so few copies and with the Vita struggling so much when it finally gets a unique title it gets botched.

Someone else in the review thread had a similar issue and the rep said they need a second shipment ASAP to meet the sudden high demand..(Bamco store)

Phenomic

Someone else in the review thread had a similar issue and the rep said they need a second shipment ASAP to meet the sudden high demand..

Ahh, I feel like I ordered mine pretty early on when it was posted in the Namco store.

Oh well. At least that's some more information to go on then what I could find myself. So that's at least a little more reassuring. Thank you!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I was the only one who also picked up tales at my gamestop, they let me get the game at 11 along with mister chef collection

B2Iw5fYIIAAcu7g.jpg

B2Iy4dZIcAAq_Hx.jpg

Sure was an odd number of people picking up Tales at the midnight launch tonight!

... :D
I assume most of those people were there for the AC Unity and AC Rogue launches? Because my GStop sure didn't have a midnight launch for Tales. Told me to come get it tomorrow morning. :(

I got this pre ordered, I haven't spent a lot of time with the Tales series but I like the combat and I'm always willing to support the Vita and companies bringing their games over to the west for it.

Xenus

I forgot about this and "Preordered" at 11:59PM EST at Gamestop online. We'll see if I get those costumes or not...

kewlmyc

I assume most of those people were there for the AC Unity and AC Rogue launches? Because my GStop sure didn't have a midnight launch for Tales. Told me to come get it tomorrow morning. :(

I think that's the joke.

Didn't Master Chief Collection come out today too? My store told me I could pick it up since they were going to be open for other launches but screw that, it's not that deep.

I still have no hope for this game being good between the iffy graphics and the lackluster translation. Honestly hoping you guys enjoy it though. I've been itching to get into tales.

TriAceJP

I have the costume dlc from my pre-order. I'm wondering if the code is universal like most Nintendo dlc preorder codes are or if each one is unique.

I'll post it if it's universal but I can't be sure unless someone else verifies with me.

Yasumi

Banned
I have the costume dlc from my pre-order. I'm wondering if the code is universal like most Nintendo dlc preorder codes are or if each one is unique.

I'll post it if it's universal but I can't be sure unless someone else verifies with me.
They're unique, don't post it.

RalchAC

Have this little thing preordered, should arrive this Friday if GAME Spain is nice to me.

Man, it's the fourth Tales game I've bought in two years. I've only skipped Symphonia but I need to get that.

I'm Bamco's whale and they know it. They should send me a gift this Christmas.

Soon I'll get something from their store using those points they give with each release.

Protag

Banned
Man i love it already

Edit: i refuse to identify Shing as kor, will shrug it off as a nickname.

Also, choices in skits? Cool

ghostjam628

Neo Member
I can't believe we are finally getting this portable Tales games in the West. Hopefully it does well and we can get Innocence later. I can't wait to buy once it is up in the store later today.

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but how is this Tales relative to the other entries in the series? I could go for a good JRPG right now.

Cornbread78

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but how is this Tales relative to the other entries in the series? I could go for a good JRPG right now.

The review scores are pretty good for the game overall, but frmo what everyone hasposted, it's right in line with the rest in the series, (Good combat, average story/characters) just with Japanese voices and subtitles.

Top Bottom