• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M! Games Teaser: "Xbox 360 on fire: The four biggest exclusive franchises return"

You mean forum posters have expressed intrest in taking it multi-platform.

No, I think he means Mike Capps

However, just because they want something doesn't mean they will do it. As stated in the article, MS gives them compelling reasons to stay exclusive (moneyhats). CliffyB also said Gears is to stay exclusive to MS for the foreseeable future.

Shion

It'd be awesome if we got sequels to some Xbox 1 exclusives.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath 2
Otogi 3
Rallisport Challenge 3

Oh and Banjo Threeie :p

/wishful thinking

eso76

I would so very much like to see a sequel to Castlevania: LoS - so good.

you will, but not as an exclusive.
LOS was a very good game, i'd buy a sequel by the same devs day 1.

tbh though, i just hope they're annoucing the next xbox and all these rumored projects are launch window titles, because:
a) i am somewhat tired of current gen.
b) It sounds like a lot of stuff for a console that's only supposed to last 1 / 1,5 more years, especially since:
c) that would mean MS "4 biggest exclusives" won't be there for x720 launch and next gen iterations won't be ready before...uhm...2015 at best ?

i mean, having first or second parties work on major exclusives to be released just before next gen launch doesn't make a lot of sense, that way they won't be able to get anything ready to support nextbox's launch.

unless xbox720 launches in 2014 instead or unless it's actually "surrogates" of their main exclusives: PD instead of Halo, PGR instead of Forza etc.

b) It sounds like a lot of stuff for a console that's only supposed to last 1 / 1,5 more years

It's going to last a lot longer, it's not going to be abandoned as soon as Xbox 3 launches, although it probably won't be getting many big core releases after that point.

c) that would mean MS "4 biggest exclusives" won't be there for x720 launch and next gen iterations won't be ready before...uhm...2015 at best ?

The same as this gen, then. They won't fire all of their big guns at launch, that would be incredibly stupid because then they'd have a two year gap to fill with nothing but smaller games and unproven new franchises. It's going to be a more gradual thing.

That said, Fable: The Journey, possible Gears Kinect and Forza World are all spin-offs and not necessarily developed by the main teams (if the latter two even exist).

eso76

It's going to last a lot longer, it's not going to be abandoned as soon as Xbox 3 launches, although it probably won't be getting many big core releases after that point.

yes, but as you said it won't be fueled with big releases so close, not to mention past its successor's launch.

The same as this gen, then. They won't fire all of their big guns at launch, that would be incredibly stupid because then they'd have a two year gap to fill with nothing but smaller games and unproven new franchises. It's going to be a more gradual thing.

i don't know, firing some big guns at launch and during the first year (that is, before the expected ps4 launch) makes sense, even if that means a weaker second year, but my point is, if xbox720 launches in 2013, either these 4 returning exclusives are next gen titles or there's no way they are 'MS biggest exclusives'; core devs should be working on next gen titles at this point.

Top Bottom