• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

ugoo18

I'd imagine you get a notifications. That's what the little pokeball watch is for so I imagine you can set that up without it.

I don't have the watch and i'd really rather not get it lol. I haven't seen any settings for notifications.

Cherubae

So in my (admittedly brief) neighborhood walk I could only find Bellsprout. But there were indications of Rattata and Eevee as well. I had to walk pretty far to even find those Bellsprout. Didn't really see much of note. Not sure how to "create" a team either.

You can pick your team color once you reach level 5 and select a pokemon gym. During beta it was red, blue, and yellow, with red/blue being heavily popular. Pick team yellow if you want to be in awesome-ville.

It looks like a few things have visually improved in the app since the field test ended. Gotta go out and find my Snorlax again.

There is dragonite near me. How can I know the direction?

I don't believe you'll know unless you get out and walk around and see if its distance increases or decreases.

Everyone is complaining about the game not being on the store. Here I'm sitting down, wondering why I brought a windows phone,lol.

image.php

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So in my (admittedly brief) neighborhood walk I could only find Bellsprout. But there were indications of Rattata and Eevee as well. I had to walk pretty far to even find those Bellsprout. Didn't really see much of note. Not sure how to "create" a team either.

Go to your items.

Use the incense

Lasts 30 mins

Collect mad Pokes

Be the most badass trainer in your hood

Hylian7

It's not actually released in NA. Most of us have sideloaded the APK. It's available to the Oceanic region and to previous beta testers in NA.

It also DOES NOT work on the Andorid N developer preview.

Don't wanna backseat mod but any way someone can change the title to reflect the actual release status? -

Didn't realize that, thanks for clearing that up. I don't have the Android N developer preview. So it should be up tomorrow for NA, right?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Been playing on iOS for the last hour and it's interesting. If anything, it makes me want to walk to work more often, seeing how to hatch PokeEggs you need to walk distances.

Complistic

This game not having notifications is completely bonkers. I shouldn't have to walk around with my phone screen on. We have the technology.

Or am I missing something?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
PRO TIP

1)

If you cant find any Poke to capture

Goto your items

Use incense

Lasts 30 mins

Poke will come to you

2)

If you catch multiple of the same Poke

Compare stats

Find the weaker one

Scroll down on the Stat Page for that Poke

Turn it into the professor for materials

batfax

Seeing people with full on maps and stuff and Pokemon all around or even just inside their house and I'm just sitting here like:

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Inmpw5D.png[/img]

nikos

It's now up in the US, and most other regions, for iOS.

EDIT: So many sites updated their post with this, yet I still can't find a US link.

Top Bottom