• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man screenshots (PS3) *56K run forrest run*

sharukins

Banned
Looks Cleaned up, *notice 2nd pic, wire have NO aliasing*.
AF is missing but im sure will be added in final game...

41261420060619_225206_14_big.jpg

41261420060619_225158_4_big.jpg

41261420060619_225159_5_big.jpg

41261420060619_225200_7_big.jpg

41261420060619_225204_12_big.jpg

More here http://www.jeux-france.com/news16326_resistance-fall-of-man-en-images.html

Amir0x

Banned
the scenario seems so great, especially in videos, but i need to see more about what they're doing online to be sold down the line.

Textures could use some work, and it looks too clean. Give us some torn or dirty uniforms at least, those guys look like they've just finished getting dressed by someone from The Gap.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The floor/ground textures need some serious work. Everything looks like a perfect square on the ground.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
sharukins said:
Looks Cleaned up, *notice 2nd pic, wire have NO aliasing*.
I wouldn't necessarily try to infer anything about AA from shots shown at an odd resolution like 1200x675...

Ashodin

Nope. Definitely looks like something the 360 could push easily.

Where's the next-gen? :(

crappy ground textures ftl

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Nope. Definitely looks like something the 360 could push easily.

Where's the next-gen? :(

crappy ground textures ftl

seriously, they need to fix the ground textures. definitely dragging the images down

Y2Kev

Well, they aren't WWII soldiers. There is no WWII in the game.

But the problem with the second shot is that Shadowrun-esque single-textured hill of...dirt.

Kittonwy

Banned
The bipedal chimeras I'm digging, the environments not as much, the lighting and shadowing need to be higher contrast, they have the metallic effect going in the lab but it's too subtle.
Indifferent2.gif

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
_leech_ said:
Textures could use some work, and it looks too clean. Give us some torn or dirty uniforms at least, those guys look like they've just finished getting dressed by someone from The Gap.
I think the textures look ok, I would much rather see higher poly counts on things. Either way, I'll be picking this up @ launch.

mckmas8808 said:
*img snip*
whoa..that guys face looks....awesome! :D

Ashodin

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Now we're talking.

Low-res blood on the floor? Since when do videogames live in a world where the floor is 640x480? Man I'd be afraid to touch a floor if real life was like that. OMG WHAT ARE HAPPENING TO MY EYES:lol :lol :lol

Y2Kev

Maxrpg said:
Low-res blood on the floor? Since when do videogames live in a world where the floor is 640x480? Man I'd be afraid to touch a floor if real life was like that. OMG WHAT ARE HAPPENING TO MY EYES:lol :lol :lol

I've already commented on how the ground texturing needs some significant touching up.

But I like the model detail and the environmental texturing. It's a pretty bland scene though.

Kangu

Banned
_leech_ said:

I agree. Insomniac should run this game through some filters/post processing effects. The ground textures are EMBARASSING like PS2 embarassing.

Ashodin

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I've already commented on how the ground texturing needs some significant touching up.

But I like the model detail and the environmental texturing. It's a pretty bland scene though.

About Quake 4 quality, I'd say.

Core407

Banned
The lack of aliasing makes me drool. :D

Edit: What the **** is up with the character models? Whoever designed the aliens should be fired on the spot. Looking at the picture of him shooting the assault rifle makes me think he's from a planet just like ares, in which people have jobs, relationships, etc.

7Th

Get both the badly designed human soldiers and the outside clean looking environments out of the game and with the aliens and cool interiors you may have a decent looking game.

So yeah, needs some work.

terrene

Banned
Not looking like much of a game yet, but the image quality is drool-worthy indeed. (...Of course the lack of a HUD would indicate that this isn't the final product, but if the X360 can do Lost Planet, I'll believe that the PS3 can do this).

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Something looks .. off about it. I can't put my finger on it, but it's probably something already mentioned.

Aaron

It's starting to look less like a Half-life 2 mod and more like a Killzone mode... which is not much of an improvement.

Top Bottom