• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf/Minna Golf Beta Test

Zoltar007

Neo Member
Yay, finally.
vwMin.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Half of a course is not pretty good, it's bare minimum. It'll still be fun, but it's more of a demo than a beta. They're actually calling it a "closed online test", which seems more accurate. Oh well, I'm grateful to get to play it at all.

Im using it as a demo. Their previous trailers have made me really wary of a series I love. The characters look horrible and they look to be wasting time on frippery that I don't care about. I want it make sure the core golf gameplay is still OLED and the courses feel good to play. I think 9 holes is ok for that.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Anyone else getting disconnected the moment you try to get into a course?

The game hub looks nice but not much use if I can't play

Stop It

Eek.

Just tried Turf Wars, it wouldn't let me back out after it went to the finding players screen.

Loaded up Warframe to restart the game and my PS4 crashed.

Lets try again!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What are the rules on discussion about this? Didn't read the t&cs

Haven't go to the main game yet but the characters talking is weird. One snippet of generic speech which doesn't even match what they're saying. And the faces...oh god the papier-mâché faces and terrible mouth animation. I don't know if I can get over that art design change

Edit: the character creator is quite flexible. Might make a good monster factory episode..

Ostinatto

What are the rules on discussion about this? Didn't read the t&cs

Haven't go to the main game yet but the characters talking is weird. One snippet of generic speech which doesn't even match what they're saying. And the faces...oh god the papier-mâché faces and terrible mouth animation. I don't know if I can get over that art design change

Edit: the character creator is quite flexible. Might make a good monster factory episode..

So it is live? what about the golf gameplay, better or worse than world invitational PS3?

wapplew

Can you stream the beta? Shuhei retweeting screenshots make me so pain...
Since I have no code, I would like to watch stream instead.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have they added HD rumble to the dualshock 4? You get the noise of the ball going in the cup and it feels like a tiny tingle too - could just be the vibration of the speaker but it feels great.

Just from 4 holes it already feels comfortably HSG. I think I'm onboard now

madmackem

Have they added HD rumble to the dualshock 4? You get the noise of the ball going in the cup and it feels like a tiny tingle too - could just be the vibration of the speaker but it feels great.

Yes it plays exactly how you'd want it too, a new hot shots with just more content and updates is all I wanted going off eighteen holes played this is it, excited as fuck now.

so i realised you cant change the voices.
Why are they so bad.. sigh.
It's still beta i guess. I just don't need these horrendous kids tv show hosts voicing these characters.

they didn't add it, it's always had this ability. although not as good as HD rumble. Take for example the minirobot game that comes with the ps4. when you tilt the controller with them in you can feel them in there.

Grassy

So it is live? what about the golf gameplay, better or worse than world invitational PS3?

I haven't played the PS3 Everybody's Golf games(I really need to change that), but I'm a huge fan of the PS and PS2-era games and I'm really liking how this plays. It certainly feels like a Hotshots/Everybody's Golf game.

so i realised you cant change the voices.
Why are they so bad.. sigh.
It's still beta i guess. I just don't need these horrendous kids tv show hosts voicing these characters.

You can mute the voices in the options menu.

I haven't played the PS3 Everybody's Golf games(I really need to change that), but I'm a huge fan of the PS and PS2-era games and I'm really liking how this plays. It certainly feels like a Hotshots/Everybody's Golf game.

You can mute the voices in the options menu.

Thanks!!

And yes i agree it really feels like everybody's golf as usual. The graphics of the characters are a little bad but they are customizable.

The graphics in general aren't too great considering the power of the PS4 to be honest. 30fps too. The beta has some major frame rate issues in some areas of the map (i put that down to just being a beta)

Hey all.

This may not be the thread for it, but kdoll08 advised me to do so. I do have an extra beta key for sale. I posted an ad on the BST thread if anyone wants it. Thanks again

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm starting to come around on the messed up 'frank sidebottom' faces. They are a lot uglier than previous games, but when you're walking around on the courses with lots of other strange looking players, it works ok.

The 3-click bar speed seems quite fast. Often missing to the right.

And for some reason there is a 'fluffy' circle around the pin - it sticks out like a sore thumb as having different textures or something.

Down for maintenance in the UK?

I think they said 2-4pm?

It's down at the moment but doesn't anyone know how to get "bonus aqusition" coins at the top right of the screen? i was missing hole 2,4 and 8

So does your character have to be a create-a-character or do they have some pre-made ones that are closer to the characters from the previous games?

kdoll08

So does your character have to be a create-a-character or do they have some pre-made ones that are closer to the characters from the previous games?

So in the beta your character has to be made by you or you can base it on some pre-made generic characters. There is a greyed out spot where you can make you character like any VS characters you have defeated. So there is some hope for the old characters like in previous games.

B-Dex

Plays like hot shots. Voices are horrible. Aliasing is horrible. Customization is nice but having to play more than 9 holes to even afford one item in the shop seems a bit much.

neilyadig

Plays like hot shots. Voices are horrible. Aliasing is horrible. Customization is nice but having to play more than 9 holes to even afford one item in the shop seems a bit much.

Really unfortunate to hear about the voices... I hope we get some options there, at least to disable.

krae_man

What is the putting like, is it like previous Hot Shots, or do greens still break like crazy?

I won't have a chance to really dive in until Sunday.

Stop It

The game is as fun as ever but the game looks like they're trying to push a 10 year old engine to it's limits.

Still very much the fun game it always has been but if there's ever a case for the ICE team to intervene, it's here.

I love little touches like that in Hot Shots games.

Playing the remastered PS2 version of Hot Shots Tennis on PS4 and it's full of those cute little details. And even for a PS2 game! (I'm merely talking little animations, sounds effects, etc.)

I've been super into each Hot Shots golf game, so I know this won't be any different!

** edited to add a question **

Anybody know if they have the shot mechanic from the PS3 version which you just chose how far back your backswing went and there was a little marker on the ball? All I've seen is the traditional bar so far....

Top Bottom