• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite fighting game character

Lobster

Banned
scii_kilik2_b.jpg

Dali

karasu said:

I wanted to put Strider, but went with the choices I have. Nice choices, especially Magneto. I actually struggled against picking a lot of MVC2 characters, namely Psylocke.

Dali said:
The one I'm talking about he mounts you horizontally and rolls on the ground for like 10 seconds while you are losing power. It is hard to do (says the perpetrators of the rape) but it takes off a LOT of power. He wouldn't be nearly as powerful against me if I'd just learn the throw breaks, but I just never put forth the effort.

Thats got to be the rolling death cradle then.

And yeah, King pretty much becomes a wimp if you know those breaks. ;( But who has the time to learn those, King ist der man!

NotWii

Banned
250px-Link_6.jpg

Link of Smash Brothers

250px-B-Jenet.jpg

B. Jenet of Garou

scorpion.jpg

Scorpion of Mortal Kombat

180px-SCIII-Ivy.jpg

Ivy of Soul Calibur, when not playing as Link or Nightmare

NotWii

Banned
BlindN-Fan said:
I reckon Link is horrible to use in SSB..just the first one.
Yeah, his jumping is horrible, but he's great if you can avoid getting hit.
I alternate between him and Kirby and DK in the original.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
ggi_cs_ax.jpg

This thread needs more GG, VF5, and SNK fighters. Hell, more characters from good fighters, period. :lol

Dali

ant1532 said:

What? If that quote is saying Rival Schools rules then I agree. I bought a DC last year just for this game (and Powerstone). It's very different, but it is very fun. I really like the hitting in the air mechanic.

ant1532

Banned
Dali said:
What? If that quote is saying Rival Schools rules then I agree. I bought a DC last year just for this game (and Powerstone). It's very different, but it is very fun. I really like the hitting in the air mechanic.
:lol

You really can't infer that the lyrics means he really likes it!?
Del said:
Rival schools, Batsu
Purchase you ought to
It came with one free CD, it’s like I bought two
I hope they make part II for Dreamcast

‘Cause games I’ve seen in mags, you won’t believe they have!

Dali

The Mighty Schwein said:
Thats only if you believe Geese Howard can die. Rubbish.
Contrary to my opening comments about Bryan and K9999, I have no reason to believe Geese is based on a character from another medium or real life... i.e. Chuck Norris:)

Karakand said:
Terry "Rice in Taco" Bogard took him in though!

fatfury3terry87ol.gif

There's something kinda creepy about that. Maybe its the whole, 'I just killed your father, but I'll be your daddy' thing.

Dali

ant1532 said:

You really can't infer that the lyrics means he really likes it!?

Ooohhh. Del the Funky Homosapien lyric. I didn't realise, my bad. I heard a bit of Handsome Boy Modelling School: How's Your Girl and I've got Both Sides of the Brian, but never listen to it.

ant1532

Banned
Dali said:
Ooohhh. Del the Funky Homosapien lyric. I didn't realise, my bad. I heard a bit of Handsome Boy Modelling School: How's Your Girl and I've got Both Sides of the Brian, but never listen to it.
Oh well check out Proto Culture on Both Sides of The Brain. It's all about video games

TreIII

Dali said:
Isn't he best friends with his father's murderer?

Yeah, but he could care less about that factoid. First of all, his father DID abandon him and his dying mother. Then Terry was there to be his big bro/father figure and taught him how to fight soon after he officially killed Geese for good (this is back in the FF/AOF continuity, the KOF and KOF:MI ones are something else).

So, all things considered, Terry has been definitely much more of a postive role model for Rock than Geese ever was. And how does the lil runt pay him back? Run off with Kain at the end of MOTW, just because Kain got his hopes up that his "mother is still alive". Lil ingrate... :lol :lol

But any way...

If we're not including anime-characters who happen to have fighting games (which would lead to my answer being Kenshiro and Jagi from Hokuto no Ken without a doubt...!)...

Then my answer is a tie between these two:

rvr44_2k_vr.gif

cap4.jpg

giga

Can't believe I'm the first to say Kasumi. :S

1147372056.jpg

Reason: Red head Ninja! Fairly quick combos with impressive throws. Easy to dish out fast damage without being cheap like Ryu. Also for costume 7 in DOA4.

ant1532

Banned
TreIII said:
Yeah, but he could care less about that factoid. First of all, his father DID abandon him and his dying mother. Then Terry was there to be his big bro/father figure and taught him how to fight soon after he officially killed Geese for good (this is back in the FF/AOF continuity, the KOF and KOF:MI ones are something else).
Fatal Fury drama

icecream

Public Health Threat
It's hard to pick a favorite character without picking a favorite game, because for each fighting game I have a favorite character...

Dali

This is the only King in my book. Based on Ellen Degeneres(j/k).

king8oy.jpg

TreIII said:

So, all things considered, Terry has been definitely much more of a postive role model for Rock than Geese ever was. And how does the lil runt pay him back? Run off with Kain at the end of MOTW, just because Kain got his hopes up that his "mother is still alive". Lil ingrate... :lol :lol

But any way...

If we're not including anime-characters who happen to have fighting games (which would lead to my answer being Kenshiro and Jagi from Hokuto no Ken without a doubt...!)...

Then my answer is a tie between these two:

rvr44_2k_vr.gif

cap4.jpg

Why not? It is a fighting game. I hope we are all adult enough not to bring total losers like Naruto and Goku into this. Kenshiro is cool though. And I'll see your Talbain and raise youa Felicia.

felicia7yd.jpg

KurowaSan

Akira
vf5_akira.jpg

i guess he won't appear too much in this thread, so i'll name him :)

Street Fighter II was really THE game that got me into fighting games, and i've always been a...
ryu.jpg

player.

and i guess i'll have to admit that i always tend to play with "main" characters in every game:
Kyo (King of Fighters)
av-110.jpg

Terry(KOF,FF)
terry.gif

Rock(GarouMotW)
Kaede(Last Blade)
kaede-char.jpg

Jin(Tekken)
Kasumi(DoA)
1134474225.jpg

:(

the only two exceptions i can think of are Galford (Samurai Shodown), even though i still liked playing with Haohmaru, and Ky(Guilty Gear)

Mar

In order:

reptile.jpg

Reptile before they ruined the franchise and made all the characters look like retards.

ryu.jpg

Ryu.

haomaru.jpg

Haomaru.

mrkarate.jpg

Mr Karate.

What the hell happened to fighting games anyway. They died in the arse.

ganon_360.jpg

Ganondorf - Super Smash Bros. Melee (and likely Brawl as well) :D

Nightmare.jpg

Nightmare - Soul Calibur

200px-Sub-Zero_Armageddon_(Roster_Render).PNG

Sub-Zero - Mortal Kombat

ken.jpg

Ken - Street Fighter

jin.jpg

Jin - Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Chris_C

There is no other...

Like MOTHER!

So treat her right,

Treat her right!

300px-Jin_kazama.jpg

Still a big Ryu fan.. "Just a Japanese fighter passing through, and my name is Ryu!"

ryu.jpg

Top Bottom