• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite fighting game character

Dali

Not necessarily your best character, or the strongest, but your personal favorite, and why. Pics are welcome, especially for more obscure characters. Please keep selections limited to characters in the versus fighting genre (no Final Fight type beat-em up characters).

Favorite:
Bryan Fury
--------------------
1st appearance: Tekken 3

Reason: I've never read anything confirming this, but he is obviously based on the replicant leader from Blade Runner (Rutger Hauer). If this wasn't reason enough, all of his moves look punishing, and he's actually not that bad to play as. His maniacal laughter when doing certain throws and after certain moves only adds to his badassery. I could have picked the Jackie Chan clone (Lei), the Blade dupe (Raven), or the ubiqitous Bruce Lee guy (Law), but you've gotta be a pretty creative person to copy such a seemingly obscure character. My hat's off to you Rutger Hauer Blade Runner copier.:)

bryanfury9wz.jpg

Runner-up:
K9999
---------------------
1st appearance: I dunno, but I played as him in KoF 2001

Reason: I love fighting game characters ripped from other mediums that I'm fond of (probably a reason I love Marvel vs Capcom). As was the case with Bryan, I haven't read anything confirming this, but it is obvious the idea for this guy came straight from the movie Akira. If the red cape and bio/metal mixture for a right arm wasn't enough of a tip-off that this guy is Tetsuo, then how about one of his super moves where he extends his bio/metal tentacle-thing at you like at the end of Akira. Originality is sooo overrated.

akirarip4tz.jpg

k999b0vl.jpg

Speevy

Banned
Ryu (Countless Street Fighter/Capcom games)

Not original, but still my favorite.

Also Orchid (KI), and Raphael from Soul Calibur 2.

Dali

Speevy said:
Ryu (Countless Street Fighter/Capcom games)

Not original, but still my favorite.

Also Orchid (KI), and Raphael from Soul Calibur 2.

I had to fight the urge to put a Shotoken character up there. I was thinking Akuma all the way though.

Dali

The Mighty Schwein said:

I loathe King. What's the name of the combo throw he has where he ends up rolling all around the ground raping you? I never took the time to learn how to get out of that, so whenever my friends pulled it off, it was pretty much instant death.

silvon

Ling Xiaoyu
First appeared in: Tekken 3
Reason: I always prefer quick characters to powerful-but-slow ones in fighting games, and Xiaoyu's quick, her moves are unpredictable, and her personality is kinda annoying, which is always a plus in fighting games.

Ling-Xiaoyu-gal.jpg

Dali

silvon said:
Ling Xiaoyu
First appeared in: Tekken 3
Reason: I always prefer quick characters to powerful-but-slow ones in fighting games, and Xiaoyu's quick, her moves are unpredictable, and her personality is kinda annoying, which is always a plus in fighting games.

Ling-Xiaoyu-gal.jpg

Like her school-girl smile and wave she does automatically after a counter hit sends you flying across the screen.

KGKK

Banned
I'm surprised there hasn't been any SSB characters posted yet? Hell there's already a Master Chief.:lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Favorite:
Heishiro Mitsurugi (御剣 平四郎, Mitsurugi Heishirō)
--------------------
1st appearance: Soul Blade/Soul Edge

He is my favorite because he is the more balanced out the Soul Calibur fighters and I tend to win more when I use him.

art04.jpg

Favorite:
Ken
--------------------
1st appearance: Street fighter

And for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Favorite TRIO:

StriderHiryu.jpg

jingt.jpg

Hayato101010.jpg

Daytona Car in VFmegamix

...although, to be fair, I prefer driving the thing to fighting with it.

On a more serious note, as a game personality, I've always liked Gees Howard (the CvSNK versions) for his evilness and artwork. "too easy"

RE: King

I think it's actually a jaguar mask that he wears, not that it matters. But it is a mask none the less.

As far as his life bar draining break-every-bone-in-your-body combos I'm not sure which one that is. Hes got several of them and they are all, in fact, hilarious.

But really, King is all about kicking dudes in the shin 4-5 times in a row, very fierce I must say. Oh, and the power bombs. Oh, and the muscle busters. Oh, and dropping KraZy elbows. What about that mule kick? Such variety!

Speaking of wrestlers with animals for faces, Tizoc is pretty cool too.

Tizoc.gif

S. L.

Asuka Kazama
Tekken 5

Reason: cute and i can relate to her fighting style

asuka.jpg

i also like Milla Rage from guilty gear
<3 long hair
17227.jpg

Name: Astaroth
First Appearance: Soul Calibur I
Reason: He swings the ax that makes the peoples falls down. Or, suckering bulldog players into brutal throws, Ukizeme party time, or RO hits from 12 feet is delisiously fun.

Astaroth.jpg

Name: Dudley
First Appearance: Street Fighter III
Reason: Same as above, but more for the suaveness he gives off doing that rather than any barbaric juggernaut MO. One good landing FP or clean Parry equals whole nebulae of hurting.

150px-1f516f03-6daa-47ed-91b5-bf7c6946dd47.jpg

Dali

The Mighty Schwein said:
RE: King

I think it's actually a jaguar mask that he wears, not that it matters. But it is a mask none the less.

As far as his life bar draining break-every-bone-in-your-body combos I'm not sure which one that is. Hes got several of them and they are all, in fact, hilarious.

But really, King is all about kicking dudes in the shin 4-5 times in a row, very fierce I must say. Oh, and the power bombs. Oh, and the muscle busters. Oh, and dropping KraZy elbows. What about that mule kick? Such variety!

Speaking of wrestlers with animals for faces, Tizoc is pretty cool too.

Tizoc.gif

The one I'm talking about he mounts you horizontally and rolls on the ground for like 10 seconds while you are losing power. It is hard to do (says the perpetrators of the rape) but it takes off a LOT of power. He wouldn't be nearly as powerful against me if I'd just learn the throw breaks, but I just never put forth the effort.

ant1532

Banned
Virtua Fighter:
But I am thinking abut switching now before VF5

medium_sub_pai_p01.jpg

Tekken:
(although I'm about to switch too)

jin.gif

Street Fighter:

Ryu.jpg

Soul Calibur
(I play as Link if I'm playing 2 on Gamecube though)

soul_calibur_3_small_4.jpg

Super Smash(maybe not a real fighter..)
250px-Samus_Aran.jpg

and all the others but these stand out most to me right now

Top Bottom