• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins PC performance thread

xBladeM6x

Hows it looking for oc'd 3770k's?

i7-3770k @4.5, GTX 980 here, locked my FPS to 30, and cranked the graphics, since I couldn't keep a reliable 60 FPS. (imagine I could if I lowered a few settings)

Loving the game so far, though I've had a couple bugs that are annoying.
- Controller not connected even though it is. (sometimes)
- Sound not starting when the game is up. (sometimes)
- Sounds not correct / missing sounds when using Logitech headset. (every time)

Is it a coincidence that the game is VERY cpu intensive - ? After reading Voksi's post, something might be up:

"About AC: O, one guy at cs.rin.ru send me the binaries of the game and asked me which version of Denuvo the game uses, so I decided to take a look. I found it very strange when I saw that VMProtect layer over Denuvo only because Denuvo dropped VMProtect early this year. I thought it's some desperate move by Denuvo but it seems now that Ubisoft could have implemented it themselves, tanking your game performance by a lot, especially if they hooked Denuvo and VMP to time-critical functions of the game. So, if you have high cpu usage while playing the game, this is the reason"

Interesting indeed! I have no intension of starting a war - just passing on info.
Disgusting if true.

Harp

Using a 1700x at 3.5 GHz, and a 1070. I finally settled on 4k resolution scaled down to 90%. All other settings maxed out. with a frame rate cap of 30fps. This gives a nice buffer for no frame rate drops below 30fps and removed all sutter. I was running at 100% of 4k but was getting fps drops when in combat. Combat is now smooth and I am in Alexandria with a locked frame rate. I can run the game at 70% of 4k and get 45 fps or 50% (1440p) and get 60.

70% of 4k with a 45 fps is the best of both worlds with image quality and animations. But the frames do drop causing stutter. Also maybe it's just me but the game running over 30 fps does not really smooth it just looks like everything is moving faster. 30fps actually feels right. Trees look to move proper instead of looking like a wind storm is going on all the time.

I am a graphics guy, I just can't spend money on PC parts to note play games on max settings.

I am also playing on a 4k tv with 4k60 max but in order to run at 1440p I. Have to use engine scaling because the tv caps 1440p direct at 30 hz.

Captn

I7 7820X (8 cores)
Asus Strix 1080ti
32 Gigs DD4 3467 Mhz
Win 10 pro
PG279Q 1440P Gsync

Well, it does use all of my 16 threads lolll!!

But I have no performance problems.

I'm in Alexandria and I'm running it 60 & above with everything maxed out!! and a custom reshade/sweetfx that I made myself! it takes about 10-15 fps hit. Otherwise I'm averaging 80 and more when disabled.

Gorgeous game!! Hopefully a patch will address the unnecessary high usage so people with lesser hardware can enjoy it like they rightfully should. :)

AEdouard

I7 7820X (8 cores)
Asus Strix 1080ti
32 Gigs DD4 3467 Mhz
Win 10 pro
PG279Q 1440P Gsync

Well, it does use all of my 16 threads lolll!!

But I have no performance problems.

I'm in Alexandria and I'm running it 60 & above with everything maxed out!! and a custom reshade/sweetfx that I made myself! it takes about 10-15 fps hit. Otherwise I'm averaging 80 and more when disabled.

Gorgeous game!! Hopefully a patch will address the unnecessary high usage so people with lesser hardware can enjoy it like they rightfully should. :)

Noooo, with a core i7 7820 and a 1080ti?? You don’t say! Color me surprised!

I'm on a Ryzen 1700x, 980 Ti, and 16GB of RAM@3000mhz. Would many of you recommend staying away until they patch the performance or get rid of the extra anti-consumer dogshit they decided to throw on top of Denuvo?

I'm on a Ryzen 1700x, 980 Ti, and 16GB of RAM@3000mhz. Would many of you recommend staying away until they patch the performance or get rid of the extra anti-consumer dogshit they decided to throw on top of Denuvo?

You can rock the game at the highest settings. If you want to play the game, jump this very instant, theres nothing to wait for.

At what frame rate? lol

A lot of people can play at highest settings lol

i7 - 6700k
16GB DDR4
GTX 980TI

I locked the game at 60fps. I have all the settings maxed except for environment detail set to High and the AA set to Lowest because I didn't like the way AA was blurring the image.

It will drop down to 55fps while riding into big cities but then jumps back up to 60.

The biggest problems I'm finding is weird stuttering at the start of in-game cutscenes.

Froz3n

i7 - 6700k
16GB DDR4
GTX 980TI

I locked the game at 60fps. I have all the settings maxed except for environment detail set to High and the AA set to Lowest because I didn't like the way AA was blurring the image.

It will drop down to 55fps while riding into big cities but then jumps back up to 60.

The biggest problems I'm finding is weird stuttering at the start of in-game cutscenes.

I also have the cutscenes stuttering issue with a 1080ti and a r7 1700. To the guy above you, though, I get like 80+ FPS at 1440p on ultra high with my setup at 1440p. I got 81 FPS average on the ingame benchmark.

heringer

Game runs terribly on my PC. Far worse than Unity or Syndicate. I can barely mantain 30 fps in the city on high settings with a i5 4460 + gtx 970. Gonna refund this.

Just played a little bit want to play more but ahhh I'm waiting for the HDR patch
and hopefully some sort of performance improvement

Lighting?
Do you remember any of the large interiors scenes of Unity...to this day they are some of the most beautifully lit set pieces ive ever seen.
In screenshots they look lig CGI bullshots but playing the game it was so crazy that it looked that good.

Also Paris had a very very different outdoor theme so if your preference is what Origins TOD is then that cant be argued.....but the lighting in Unity is def better.

Just played a little bit want to play more but ahhh I'm waiting for the HDR patch
and hopefully some sort of performance improvement

No talk of HDR for PC was there? When they said supported platforms the ones mentioned pre launch were Xbox and ps

No talk of HDR for PC was there? When they said supported platforms the ones mentioned pre launch were Xbox and ps

From the official site:

We hope you are enjoying your journey across Egypt so far. There is a lot more to come in the months ahead! Check out what we have in store for you in November:

Title Updates

We are planning to deploy a title update in November that will ready it for the launch of the Xbox One X, improving stability, and adding additional support for HDR on all supported platforms. For more information, check out our Launch Essentials article.
We will continue to be closely supporting Assassin’s Creed® Origins into post-launch with future Title Updates. We welcome any feedback you’d like to offer, so please post any information you’d like to share on the official Assassin’s Creed forum.
Keep an eye on our Twitter for news about any updates.

Trials of the Gods

It is time to face the ultimate boss battle. If you think you are ready to hunt down some Egyptian Gods, you are free to try very soon. Victorious players will be rewarded with some legendary loot.
The first god you will be able to face is Anubis, starting November 7. We’ll have an article with more details about the Trials of the Gods and your battle with the Egyptian God of the Dead coming very soon!

Additions to the In-Game Store

Throughout the month of November, we will be releasing various in-game items that include new weapons and a new mount. The Nightmare Pack and First Civilization Pack will be available for purchase in the in-game store with Helix Credits. You will also be able to get items from these two packs via the Heka Chests in the Nomad Bazaar.
Nightmare Pack – November 14

Krecik

Damn, GTX 970, i7-4790@4GHz, 16 GB and I'm around 25 fps on medium settings... Game defaulted to high and the performance was pretty much the same, weird stuff.

Hopefully a performance patch is coming soon

Darkman M

Still rocking a 2600k@4.3, but hav a GTX1080 running everything on Ultra @ 1080P getting 60fps most of the time, had bsod's yesterday though....

NeoRaider

Damn, GTX 970, i7-4790@4GHz, 16 GB and I'm around 25 fps on medium settings... Game defaulted to high and the performance was pretty much the same, weird stuff.

This sounds really bad.

Krecik

This sounds really bad.

It's playable, but definitely not smooth. Usually I go for 60 fps, but for this game I would be happy with a stable 30. Just to clarify, I'm trying to run it at 1920x1200, no crazy 4k stuff. At the same time I'm playing Destiny 2 at highest settings without a dip under 60, all other recent games are also running fine at 60, so I don't think that my PC is busted.

Oh, and I haven't checked if the CPU is at a 100% load, will do that on Friday, but I can hear that my fans aren't spinning at a 100%, so the temperature is surprisingly low. For example, while I'm playing Stellaris, a CPU-intensive strategy, I can hear and feel that things are getting hotter.

Fortunately haven't encountered any crashes yet, I had to stop playing Syndicate after about 5 hours since it was crashing to desktop after every 30 mins or so.

The one big technical problem I have with his game (aside from the common Ubisoft bugs) is that sometimes when I exit the game, it black-screens my PC, forcing me to hard-reboot because no button or key combination works to return to desktop :/

Otherwise, my experience with tge game gas been very smooth overall.

I use Win 10 Pro and Steam.

What resolution are you setting? I'm playing 1080p60fps (with drops to ~45fps) with everything in ultra.

GTX 970, i5-7600k, 16GB RAM DDR4.

Stiler

It makes no sense.

Ps4, ps4 pro, Xbox one s, Pc, ALL of these are capable of HDR/Atmos provided you have an HDR display and a/v receiver that can do atmos.

To have no HDR/Atmos support on pc and no Atmos support on ps4 just makes little sense. They are basically forcing you to choose the xbox one x if you want the "best" version of the game and regulating the pc version to being inferior for those features.

Real

Weird flicker/stutter issue with GSync on my Z35P Ultrawide. Game runs maxed out at 60+ fps but it's unplayable with the constant stutter and I refuse to play it without GSync. Probably going to refund if not fixed soon. Tried disabling all overlays and running with fullscreen optimization disabled to no avail.

6700k@ 4.9ghz
EVGA 1080Ti FTW3@ 2.1
32gb ram
1440p Ultrawide

Okada

I've not actually played the game yet but I ran the benchmark last night with an average of 64fps at 1440P on Ultra.

3770k OC to 4.3ghz (pretty mild OC really) and a GTX 1080 OC

I'm looking forward to starting the game tonight.

sgs2008

The patch removed the global illumination quality setting on PC. This might just be my mind playing tricks on me but has anyone noticed a change in the lighting quality post patch ?

0racle

How does the benchmark work?

I tried running jt with fixed framerates etc and it wont limit it? It still tries to show max fps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The patch removed the global illumination quality setting on PC. This might just be my mind playing tricks on me but has anyone noticed a change in the lighting quality post patch ?

To quote myself from that other forum:

Me said:
Some of those notes seem to be from the v1.01/v1.02 changelog/s. Specifically, "Added tooltip images for all graphics options" and "Removed the option to control quality level of global illumination" stand out to me as the former was in at launch while the latter never existed.

sertopico

Ah-ha. There it is. Who knows how the game would have run and look with GI setting to the max. Looks great anyway though.

GTX 1070

1080p Very High preset. The game runs great in the open world. Around 90-110 fps. Goes lower in towns, I just reached the first big city and the framerate goes to 50-70.
Have you overclocked the cpu? I have the same setup but it runs at 4.5 GHz. Really hoping for stable 60 all the way. City drops are likely cpu related.

Snookie

I'm running my 7700k oc'ed to 5.0ghz and my 970 GTX overclocked. Trying for 60fps which i can get most of the time. my monitor is 1920x1200 so i dropped resolution scaling to 90% with vsync on. So far so good. I must've spent an hour in the benchmark just playing with it.

Krecik

It's playable, but definitely not smooth. Usually I go for 60 fps, but for this game I would be happy with a stable 30. Just to clarify, I'm trying to run it at 1920x1200, no crazy 4k stuff. At the same time I'm playing Destiny 2 at highest settings without a dip under 60, all other recent games are also running fine at 60, so I don't think that my PC is busted.

Oh, and I haven't checked if the CPU is at a 100% load, will do that on Friday, but I can hear that my fans aren't spinning at a 100%, so the temperature is surprisingly low. For example, while I'm playing Stellaris, a CPU-intensive strategy, I can hear and feel that things are getting hotter.

Fortunately haven't encountered any crashes yet, I had to stop playing Syndicate after about 5 hours since it was crashing to desktop after every 30 mins or so.

The weirdest thing just happened. The patch didn't help my framerate at all, so I just kept playing at those horrible 25 fps. The ingame benchmarking window stated that the CPU was used at about 50% and the GPU at a 100%, but I didn't her my GPU fan turning on - it's got a pretty good passive cooling, so the fan turns on only when needed.

After that I alt-tabbed a few times and suddenly the game decided to actually use my GPU - the framerate jumped to 90 fps. After setting everything to high/very high I'm able to keep a relatively stable 60 fps and the game looks and runs amazing now. No idea what caused all this, it never happened to me before. Sometimes after alt-tabbing the game once again decides to run like shit, but another couple of alt-tabs fixes the issue.

I fixed the stuttering problem I was getting during cutscenes. I think the initial problem was that I locked the fps to 60 and with vsync on....but had the refresh rate set to my monitors @120. Setting that down to 60 fixed the problem for me.

Tankshell

I can't play this, getting smooth enough framerates but the game seems to 'soft' freeze on me multiple times an hour. Computer is fine, background music keeps playing but the actual image just freezes. Have to manually end the process and restart.

Latest nvidia drivers (388.13) on an EVGA 1080, Windows 10. Latest patch etc. I'm playing in borderless window mode, no frame cap in game but have it set to use adaptive vsync. Anyone else getting these weird issues?

AngeloB

Neo Member
i7 4770K@stock clocking
16GB DDR3 RAM 2400MHz
GTX 1080 (MSI Gaming)

Everything maxed out, motion blur off (i don't like it) and adaptive quality off. 1080p resolution.

It averages in the high 80s, although sometimes in some places/scenes might drop to low 70s. I usually don't feel those drops. I only know because I have nVidia's shadowplay FPS counter on.

The game's benchmark shows that all my CPU cores/thread are used above 90%, reaching 100% frequently. Turning down graphical details didn't change anything about CPU usage. Also, everything maxed out doesn't even take 3GB of VRAM.

Top Bottom