• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crackdown incoming?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wasn't Crackdown 2 universally panned for being shitty? I'm sure they could turn it around for the 3rd, but it's not as though it's guaranteed to be a fantastic game.

not sure about "universally panned" but yeah the sequel sucked.

with no improvements at all and boring missions it was really a disgrace to Crackdown name, Ruffian Games better not touch the third game(I'd rather if MS hire Volition for it).

What the hell can that Rare game be?

Wizards_and_Warriors_III_NES_cover.jpg

Just guessing...

flak57

Wasn't Crackdown 2 universally panned for being shitty? I'm sure they could turn it around for the 3rd, but it's not as though it's guaranteed to be a fantastic game.

Read up on the game's development. I wouldn't correlate C2 to a potential sequel's quality at all.

not sure about "universally panned" but yeah the sequel sucked.

with no improvements at all and boring missions it was really a disgrace to Crackdown name, Ruffian Games better not touch the third game(I'd rather if MS hire Volition for it).

Same

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

It's a mock-up from GT to go along with their 'What we want from a next-gen Crackdown' video, I think.

The date of the video and the date of that image is the same.

http://4.images.gametrailers.com/im..._massive_thumb_Crackdown_640x360_05-14-13.jpg

And on the same date of 14th May they put up this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v3lytf/xbox-one-what-we-want-from-next-gen--crackdown

gt_massive_thumb_Crackdown_640x360_05-14-13.jpg

I'm beginning to think, assuming the dashboard picture is accurate, that Microsoft is going to have a strong E3 show.

I'm a little excited, I'll admit

lockload

so 15 games..

Sequel/Spin Off

1. Forza 5
2. Crackdown 3?
3. Fable?
4. Halo?
5. Kinect Sports?
6. ?
7. ?

New Ip

1. Quantum Break (Remedy)
2. Black Tusk's game
3. Ryse
4. Rare's game
5. Respawn's game?
6. Maybe something from Ubisoft?
7. ?
8. ?

Translation of this is i cant wait for the e3 press event

So many games to reveal/cover and some we have absolutely no clue about

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It's worth noting that Phil Spencer clarified on Twitter that the 15 exclusives are all Microsoft Studios-published games so therefore doesn't include any potential third party exclusives.

That would likely rule out Respawn's game being counted.

I'm thinking the Mistery Cartoon game should be a Live Arcade Title. Live Arcade doesn't exist now right? Does that means the games don't have any limitations?

Satchel

Banned
Well we know 100% Ruffian aren't making Crackdown 3. Realtime worlds essentially doesn't exist.

So Microsoft is either outsourcing, or getting one of their internals to do it.

Assuming CD3 exists

Sydle

The suit on the guy definitely gives that vibe, but everything else is way off. No idea what to make of it.

It looks like a wet suit and there's a lot of water in an exotic setting. There have been several rumors of Rare working on a game with impressive water physics.

My guess is that its a Wii Sports Resort clone, with jet skis, scuba, and/or other water-based activities.

Biggzy

It looks like a wet suit and there's a lot of water in an exotic setting. There have been several rumors of Rare working on a game with impressive water physics.

My guess is that its a Wii Sports Resort clone, with jet skis, scuba, and/or other water-based activities.

This would be my guess as well.

Sydle

Suit?

Looks like a guy wearing knight armor to me.

Edit: Like this:

I thought so, too, until I had seen the strap around his mid section and the logo on his chest.

An extreme sport Kinect game is a logical progression for the Kinect-focused Rare team. MS said there would a historic IP as well, so I'm assuming we're getting 2 launch games from Rare again. I hope the other one is Killer Instinct, but I'd take another Banjo.

I keep hearing people say they think it's Bloodwake.

CookTrain

Suit?

Looks like a guy wearing knight armor to me.

On the smaller one, I definitely got a Castle Crasher done Pixar vibe from it, but in the bigger picture, it looks more futuristic. Gun harness/parachute and whatnot. It's not necessarily Perfect Dark style but I could definitely see how someone got there from that picture.

Sydle

I keep hearing people say they think it's Bloodwake.

I doubt it. We know the Kinect Sports team is still working on Kinect and we know MS is going to show a new game based on "historic" IP.

IIRC, Wii Sports Resort was a big seller and Kinect Sports is a multi-million seller, so it makes sense for Rare to be at launch with a new entry to push Kinect and a safe direction to go with the Kinect Sports IP based on Nintendo's success. I just hope there are a lot of activities and not just water-based ones. I wouldn't mind them bringing back table tennis, basket ball, darts, and golf in addition to activities like Frisbee, water skiing, jet skis, parachuting, hang gliding, etc. Seems like a title MS could just keep milking with DLC for years to come. I'm down.

Biggzy

I doubt it. We know the Kinect Sports team is still working on Kinect and we know MS is going to show a new game based on "historic" IP.

IIRC, Wii Sports Resort was a big seller, so it makes sense for Rare to go that direction with the Kinect Sports IP. I just hope there are a lot of activities and not just water-based ones. I wouldn't mind them bringing back table tennis, basket ball, darts, and golf in addition to activities like Frisbee, water skiing, jet skis, parachuting, hang gliding, etc. Seems like a title MS could just keep milking with DLC for years to come. I'm down.

Depends how you interpret "historic" but MS will have a Kinect Sports 3 at launch.

Top Bottom