• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crackdown incoming?

rouken

There's no Rare logo. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like the Rare logo.

jtLJvp6qoritx.png

that's the rare logo

LtOrange

Ok if crackdown, fable mmo, and a rare game is shown at E3....I will have no choice but to get a x1. I can't wait to see the big two duke it out! Hopefully we have some really amazing exclusives coming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't believe people thought either of the Crackdown games were good, let alone a console seller. #mindblowing

It was fun 'guilt food' type game. It wasn't the best in the world, but it was something fun to kill time with, and it did a good carrot on a stick. It was kinda Dynasty Warriors with gunsish.

Definitely not a system seller though

Akira_83

Banned
the only reason Crackdown 1 even sold was because of the Halo 3 beta access

this is proven by Crackdown 2 bombing even though most people probably had no idea it was a different developer

derFeef

this is proven by Crackdown 2 bombing even though most people probably had no idea it was a different developer

Nope.
Crackdown 2 was a rushed game with just 9 months of development time and removed some of the key aspects what made Crackdown fun. The developer is basically the same as before, as most of the people that worked on Crackdown 1 moved from RTS to Ruffian.

Akira_83

Banned
Nope.
Crackdown 2 was a rushed game with just 9 months of development time and removed some of the key aspects what made Crackdown fun. The developer is basically the same as before, as most of the people that worked on Crackdown 1 moved from RTS to Ruffian.

and?

since when has quality dictated sales?

crappy games sell well ALL the time, if people cared about crackdown as a franchise it would have sold, but it didnt

i remember the gamefaqs boards on crackdown release week were 90% topics on getting into halo 3 beta

derFeef

and?

crappy games sell well ALL the time, if people cared about crackdown as a franchise it would have sold, but it didnt

i remember the gamefaqs boards on crackdown release week were 90% topics on getting into halo 3 beta

I wanted to get the misinformation corrected, I am sorry.

ShogunX

and?

The terrible Crackdown 2 demo more than likely lost them a decent amount of sales.....Too Human style.

I still can't believe people thought either of the Crackdown games were good, let alone a console seller. #mindblowing

First one, when it came out, was one of the best games on the Xbox.

Lots of good memories there.. chasing them orbs..

Second one was an awful rehash of the first..

Anyway, try opening your mind a bit.

and?

I loved Crackdown. I didn't buy Crackdown 2 because of the bad buzz and the fact that the trailers and previews indicated that the game was not only rushed, but apparently missed the point of the first by shifting to some weird zombie focus.

abadguy

Banned
Crackdown 2 wasn't as bad as people like to make it out to be, but it felt more like a DLC add on than a full blown sequel. I am curious of what that Rare game is at the corner.

The bottom on the right is so obviously Lionhead's new IP. It's either that or the Fable MMO. It's clearly their art design/style.

Weird, that looks totally different to me. I mean, it could be Fable, but to me it looks like some giallo poster with cat eyes peering out of the darkness or something.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I thought you said top, not bottom. Bottom is probably Rare.

Another EDIT: Could that be the zombie game?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Crackdown is my absolute favorite 360 game, a new one is still not enough to make me buy an xbone.

New Crackdown would be so awesome. Also, is that the row of games he was playing? If it is, could that Halo logo be for Halo 2 Anniversary?

Not true. Crackdown was genuinely fun and Crackdown 2 removed a lot of what made it so fun which is one of the reasons it bombed.

After that joke of a presentation, you can be sure I won't be there for it (if it actually exists). Not supporting all that anti-consumer nonsense for one game.

What is so anti consumer. Everyone seems to say this, but I have not seen one example. You can't let your buddies play the game for free? I see nothing they have announced that is anti consumer. Has the messaging been spot-on, no. Doesn't mean anti consumer though.

d1rtn4p

Crackdown was pretty much my game of the gen and is one of the best open-world games there is. Crackdown 2 felt rushed and really sloppy compared to the first game. All this said, a good Crackdown 3 with full developer commitment behind it would be about the only exclusive I could think of that would get me to purchase an xbone.

Alx

They really should have added that to their show, instead of focusing on sport and whatever : just a teaser with 15 enigmatic hints of their coming games. The speculation and hype would have built itself...
It's not too late, by the way ! *nudge nudge wink wink*

They really should have added that to their show, instead of focusing on sport and whatever : just a teaser with 15 enigmatic hints of their coming games. The speculation and hype would have built itself...

Apparently, Black Tusk has something ready to show too but Spencer isn't sure if they'll show it at E3.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Leflus

Still might have something to show.

My guess is it wont be ready for this year and MS isn't sure if they want to show something as far out as it might end up.
Don Mattrick wants to bring it to E3.
Phil Spencer doesn't think it's ready.

At most, we'll probably get a CGI teaser or something.

derFeef

They have the Ryse teaser up, they should put up more of those. Like... for Rare :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Crackdown + destructible city = killer app
They'd need a way to canonize how it repairs itself.

Actually it's be really cool if you had like workers of the future quickly rebuilding collapsed buildings in parts of the city you fucked up. Using construction methods of the future.

Imagine destroying a skyscraper and then watching it be built from a rooftop across the city during a sunset *drool*

They'd need a way to canonize how it repairs itself.

Actually it's be really cool if you had like workers of the future quickly rebuilding collapsed buildings in parts of the city you fucked up. Using construction methods of the future.

Imagine destroying a skyscraper and then watching it be built from a rooftop across the city during a sunset *drool*

3D printers printing buildings and funature in one go :p

Satchel

Banned
Just when I was planning on NOT buying the new Xbox anywhere near launch, the OP goes and does this.

You motherfucker.

Top Bottom