• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Skab

Omg. I just randomly checked the resort combo breaker is going to be at and a room had opened up. Getting to stay at the venue instead of some shitty holiday inn and for cheaper!

I'm dying for Tekken, y'all. I need it. So, so, so much. I can't defend SFV after Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is the complete package. I don't have to pay extra for more characters. I can customize characters without grinding awful modes too. HYPE. Tekken 7 deserves to be number one fgc game at this point lessbehonest.

I'm dying for Tekken, y'all. I need it. So, so, so much. I can't defend SFV after Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is the complete package. I don't have to pay extra for more characters. I can customize characters without grinding awful modes too. HYPE. Tekken 7 deserves to be number one fgc game at this point lessbehonest.

Stop reminding me that I'm broke. :(

Part of me wants to get it because of King's Okada outfit and super. Then I'm reminded that I don't like Okada because he's worse than Cenawinslol, and I become conflicted.

Numb

Only 9 more days!
KMX8j_s-200x150.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned
Part of me wants to get it because of King's Okada outfit and super. Then I'm reminded that I don't like Okada because he's worse than Cenawinslol, and I become conflicted.

He's a far, far better wrestler than Cena, and his match with Omega at Wrestle Kingdon deserved every one if its 6 stars tho.

No DRM issues?

Steam has it's own backup feature for installed games. You can use that to install a game from one PC to another.

Just take a portable hard drive to somewhere that has the game installed, wait for the backup to be made and then install the game yourself using the backup.

Steam has it's own backup feature for installed games. You can use that to install a game from one PC to another.

Just take a portable hard drive to somewhere that has the game installed, wait for the backup to be made and then install the game yourself using the backup.

Okay, that's definitely a neat workaround. Thanks.

Steam is actually pretty good at handling manual transferred game files.
Even if you just copy/move the game folder from steamapps\common\ to the corresponding folder on your PC or new HD (after you've setup Steam to use it), and then start the download, then Steam will automatically detect and skip existing files. If you also copy the corresponding appmanifest_[game id].acf file from steamapps\, then the game is registered as installed. There's a tool to automate moving stuff between harddrives, but I forget the name.

Beckx

USFII on Switch getting predictably savaged in reviews.

Okada is awesome, it's just lately he's been in matches where he doesn't do much other than Rainmaker at the end, which is unsatisfying. The
Shibata
match was like 98% excellent (all in
Shibata's
favor, his no-sell is goddamn amazing), with a crappy finish.

Beckx

what the heck were they thinking with that $40 price tag

what's so bizarre is that they could just release the back catalog like the Hamster NeoGeo archives and do better. instead they put together a cheap frankenstein version of SFII for a ridiculous price.

notworksafe

is the 2% bad the part where Shibata put himself into the hospital, damn near made himself retarded, and ensured he'd never work in the business again? People hate on wrestlers like Okada but at least they aren't out there literally killing themselves in the ring.

Beckx

is the 2% bad the part where Shibata put himself into the hospital, damn near made himself retarded, and ensured he'd never work in the business again?

wait WHAT

I only watch the matches, I don't follow what happens outside, give details

I just meant that 98% was Shibata beating him up and no-selling all Okada's comebacks, then a match ending Rainmaker (where both guys looked completely exhausted so it was a little sloppy). I REALLY enjoyed everything except how the ending came about.

NEO0MJ

what's so bizarre is that they could just release the back catalog like the Hamster NeoGeo archives and do better. instead they put together a cheap frankenstein version of SFII for a ridiculous price.

The game seems to be selling well, though. Amazon are already sold out of it! Game probably doesn't need to sell much to give Capcom a decent profit. They can release their old games after impatient people buy this.

pizzacat

Banned
is the 2% bad the part where Shibata put himself into the hospital, damn near made himself retarded, and ensured he'd never work in the business again? People hate on wrestlers like Okada but at least they aren't out there literally killing themselves in the ring.
Was the 2% him playing sfv

notworksafe

wait WHAT

I only watch the matches, I don't follow what happens outside, give details

I just meant that 98% was Shibata beating him up and no-selling all Okada's comebacks, then a match ending Rainmaker (where both guys looked completely exhausted so it was a little sloppy). I REALLY enjoyed everything except how the ending came about.
I was being a bit facetious there with the 98/2% comment, so sorry about that.

Basically, Shibata had to go to the hospital after the match for subdural hematoma (blood clots near his brain) surgery and the right side of his body basically stopped working. He supposed to go through another surgery this month but basically it looks like he'll never be medically cleared to wrestle again.

And that's why you don't do a shoot headbutt in a wrestling match, no matter how cool the idea of it seems.

Bit more detail: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...date-following-possible-career-ending-injury/

Beckx

I was being a bit facetious there with the 98/2% comment, so sorry about that.

Basically, Shibata had to go to the hospital after the match for subdural hematoma (blood clots near his brain) surgery and the right side of his body basically stopped working. He supposed to go through another surgery this month but basically it looks like he'll never be medically cleared to wrestle again.

And that's why you don't do a shoot headbutt in a wrestling match, no matter how cool the idea of it seems.

Bit more detail: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...date-following-possible-career-ending-injury/

omg

that is horrible. really puts a different spin on how things looked at the end. such a shame, he is incredibly entertaining in the ring.

my comment was mostly that Okada's last few matches (Suzuki/Shibata/Fale) haven't really given him a chance to be active until the end, not that he should be doing dangerous stuff, i want to see these guys have long careers.

Spuck-uk

Banned
USFII on Switch getting predictably savaged in reviews.

Okada is awesome, it's just lately he's been in matches where he doesn't do much other than Rainmaker at the end, which is unsatisfying. The
Shibata
match was like 98% excellent (all in
Shibata's
favor, his no-sell is goddamn amazing), with a crappy finish.

It's a ways off topic but,
Shibata kayfabe headbutting himself into serious neurological damage
:(

edit: Beaten like Shibatas cerebellum.

Not for the faint of heart with the sound on:

OUCH

shaowebb

Lol at one of the current multiverse events in Injustice 2. In it the moon has been dragged further from the planet and their is floaty gravity applied to you if you get hit. Holy shit the combos you can do when folks stay in the air that long. Supergirl and Cheetah are hilarious with what they can do in this mode. I think I had an infinite goin with Bane off of B23 repeats. Usually I go with the J3 B23 B23 123 RING SLAM bread and butter everyone uses but I was able to just keep hitting B23. Shits hilarious. Supergirl can just keep doin the teleport over and over and they dont fall out. Keeps them in the air lol.

Try this multiverse stuff out that dropped today.

notworksafe

i don't post on gaf that much. been around 5 posts a day since i got my account a decade or w/e ago. i'm sure most posters here have much more than that lol.

hell even my wrestling watching is cut down quite a lot these days. it's just smackdown, wwe ppvs, and 1-2 njpw events a month. i've found that not watching/spending time on things i hate has improved my quality of life quite a lot. that's why i entirely stopped watching both Raw and SFV

Preordered Tekkan7. Can't wait to get savaged like I did this season in Overwatch.

Tell me when you get the game Beef and Cindi since I am a newb to the series.

Numb

I didn't even think about ARMS coming in the same time period as other fighters
So many fighters this close to each other.Weird first 6months

Top Bottom