• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

Biscotti

Neo Member
Well... I did not expect that. Really regretting now that I bought it on PS4 back at release. I really hate this shitty talking about exclusivity and then bringing a port. Last game of Koei Tecmo I will buy at a full price.

It's not really KT's fault that they followed their legal contract with Sony. They said what they could.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hey everyone. Cross-posting from the Nioh OT: I made a Discord for Soulsborne GAF, I have a room for Nioh in there (since I think there's gonna be overlap -- if you don't care about the other channels just mute them).

Quote to join. PM me your discord ID for verified status if you need it.

Espada

Some news about pc version. Apparently no Denuvo.

http://wccftech.com/nioh-complete-edition-pc-isnt-locked/

Fucking fantastic news, as is the info that the PS4 modes are just graphical presets and that the 100GB size is just a placeholder until they announce the actual filesize later.

Morrigan Stark said:
Hey everyone. Cross-posting from the Nioh OT: I made a Discord for Soulsborne GAF, I have a room for Nioh in there (since I think there's gonna be overlap -- if you don't care about the other channels just mute them).

I'd like to join. I have Discord but have no idea how to use it.

RK9039

Thanks, I'm playing through Dark Souls 2 at the moment.

Thank you, Morrigan. I'd very much like to join if possible. I'm forwarding my discord ID to you via PM.

RevenWolf

Hi Morrigan, I'd love an invite to Souls Gaf too. I'll be sending you my discord ID now.

TitusTroy

where's the hype?!...I never played it on PS4 so I'm looking forward to the PC Complete Edition with all DLC...I'm a huge Soulsborne fan so I have high expectations for this...although the gameplay videos I've seen don't get me as excited as with any new Souls games...the environments in Nioh look drab along with enemy design

Solrac

This happened to my friend, he bought a PS4 for NiOh after this answer and now he's a bit mad about this.
XDRLJf4.png

sony or koei should refund all money to the CUSTOMERS that bought the game... this is a completely shame + false advertising...

this is still on sony's page

x8SiWq0.png

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/nioh-ps4/

Gitaroo

The guy playing that says he has a 1080, and despite middling visuals the damn game is at 70-80% GPU utilitization. The uploader mentioned in the comments that turning off motion blur and another setting improved things a bit.

Nioh @ 1440p60 should not be taxing a 1080 like that.

sign of turd koei port again.

N21

I still think an Xbox One port to conclude with the Xbox One X launch would have done wonders for Nioh profile. Anyway, I hope the complete edition sell loads.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
The guy playing that says he has a 1080, and despite middling visuals the damn game is at 70-80% GPU utilitization. The uploader mentioned in the comments that turning off motion blur and another setting improved things a bit.

Nioh @ 1440p60 should not be taxing a 1080 like that.

It's that's the case I'm better off keeping it at 1080p and getting as many frames as I can.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Damn framerate is locked to 60/30. Still going to enjoy playing it. Maybe the animations aren't tied to framerate and modders will unlock it.

Espada

Damn framerate is locked to 60/30. Still going to enjoy playing it. Maybe the animations aren't tied to framerate and modders will unlock it.

That's what I'm hoping. If some people can get into the game's guts and tweak some stuff, we may get more than 60 or better performance than what KT provided. I wonder if Kaldaien will put out a patch much like he did for Nier: Automata.

TitusTroy

Comment from the uploader:

"There is no M+K. The game does not support the mouse at all. It's either controller or keyboard. No mouse."

So an even worse implementation than the Souls series. I guess I'm all the way out.

he probably means in the Menus only...I'm sure there's mouse support in the game

as a huge Dark Souls fan I'm still not sure about how good this game really is but the closer it gets the more hyped I'm getting...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
he probably means in the Menus only...I'm sure there's mouse support in the game

as a huge Dark Souls fan I'm still not sure about how good this game really is but the closer it gets the more hyped I'm getting...

He was responding to a person who seemed to be explicitly asking about the him showing the kb/m gameplay.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding, I dunno.

TitusTroy

does this game have any co-op BS like the Souls games where you can summon multiple helpers which make the game super easy?...or are you forced to play solo for the entire game?

Espada

does this game have any co-op BS like the Souls games where you can summon multiple helpers which make the game super easy?...or are you forced to play solo for the entire game?

You can only summon one person at a time. There's two types of co-op. From your Souls style type where you summon into your game to help you, to the second which is its own mode (with increased/changed enemy counts and better rewards) but has you both sharing a revive gauge.

Also, before a patch one player needed to have completed a stage before they could coop with someone on it. That's no longer the case.

TitusTroy

I keep hearing more reports that the game has no mouse support at all for PC...how is this possible?...so how do you attack in the game?...you need to use a keyboard?...are the developers that incompetent that they can't deliver one of the most basic aspects of PC gaming?...do we really need to depend on outside modders like Durante to fix the developers mistake like he did with Dark Souls DSFix?...or that guy that modded NieR Automata

I keep hearing more reports that the game has no mouse support at all for PC...how is this possible?...so how do you attack in the game?...you need to use a keyboard?...are the developers that incompetent that they can't deliver one of the most basic aspects of PC gaming?...do we really need to depend on outside modders like Durante to fix the developers mistake like he did with Dark Souls DSFix?...or that guy that modded NieR Automata
I play with a controller anyway, but this is shocking if true. Hopefully a modder will come through for the KB/M players. The DSfix guy helped elevate Dark Souls to god tier status.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Durante said:
And most of those that doesn't apply to also weren't delayed for "profit".
Just realized other poster was banned so probably wasting time here - but heck - GTA:IV was most definitely delayed for "profit", just like every GTA before and after it, so that's already a nice list of examples.
And this was super common with PS2 3rd party "exclusives" now that we're talking about it. Not that I'd necessarily agree the plan was to delay "best" versions - it generally had more to do with releasing first on the most profitable* platform (*including incentives, obviously), but still - the "for profit delay" applies.

noqtic

Dammit!!!! Now I'm mad that I already have the PS4 version. Don't really want to double dip but I would love to have 60 fps and 4k on PC.

TitusTroy

I wonder if the PC version will leak early in other countries before its official Tuesday launch...I want to know about the kb/m support before buying this

Espada

Didn't know you could have both. I thought it was either 60fps OR 4k. Just like the PS4 and PS4 pro had Action Mode / Cinematic Mode.

107 facts you should know about Nioh video. Some will definitely find this video SPOILER-ISH so be advised!

Nah, in an interview with the director revealed that Action Mode and Movie Mode are just presets. You can pick whatever resolution you want to run the game at, and as confirmed by folks who have the game already it's limited to 60 fps.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Nah, in an interview with the director revealed that Action Mode and Movie Mode are just presets. You can pick whatever resolution you want to run the game at, and as confirmed by folks who have the game already it's limited to 60 fps.

The problem is that's just screen resolution. The actual game rendering resolution which is a setting has options like Low, Med, High with no fucking explanation for what resolutions they are natively making the game run at.

enbred

Banned

aha! that's awesome! can't wait... just one day left.. so weird there is no price yet though? would have been nice to pre-load it at least. I'm going to play it regardless of how bad the port turns out to be. I mean... it couldn't get much worse than Nier automata (could it?) ;)

TitusTroy

I still don't understand if Nioh on PC has no mouse support at all in-game or if it's limited mouse control?...how would you attack with no mouse?...they want you to use the keyboard?...I know that a controller is recommended but I played Dark Souls 1 on PC with kb/m with no issues so I would expect at least the same with Nioh

madjoki

I still don't understand if Nioh on PC has no mouse support at all in-game or if it's limited mouse control?...how would you attack with no mouse?...they want you to use the keyboard?...I know that a controller is recommended but I played Dark Souls 1 on PC with kb/m with no issues so I would expect at least the same with Nioh

Yeah, keyboard for camera, so like WASD for movement and IJKL for camera.

Top Bottom