• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Anteater

i'm sleepy as fuck, i'll unpack this shit in the morning before I go for a morning jog or something, i'll play then

The files exist in the game directory, shouldn't be hard at all. You can actually get them already if you edit the stored values of existing armour using something like cheat engine.

Really? Very nice. I won't do that to start with on my own, I on't want to mess with values and fuck something up inadvertently. I'll wait until somebody does it and throws up a small guide.

I also like the title: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| 4K Pawn

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Love the header.

Only

t1452880800z0.png

to go.

Grief.exe

Love the header.

Only

t1452880800z0.png

to go.

Borrowing!

EDIT: Adjust to 9AM Pacific please.

The unlock time they have said and what they have in their FAQ is 9 AM Pacific so it's 3 hours

Q) Will there be a preload? What time exactly is the game launching

A) Pre-load is scheduled to begin later in the evening on Friday, Jan. 8th PST. Game will launch and unlock worldwide on Jan. 15th (Fri) at 9:00AM PST.

Golnei

Woo, looking forward to this one! I had no idea about the romance part of the game though. That's a wee bit odd. haha

That always was really baffling to me - I have no idea what they were going for with the current system considering how often it backfires, unless it was always intended to be a comedic thing. At the very least, restricting your possible 'partner' by gender seems like it'd be a fairly easy thing to implement - I'm assuming it hasn't been fixed in the port at all?

Uthred

Never felt that Dragon's Dogma was even trying for the same kind of experience as Dark Souls, as the second comment says the similarities are superficial at best. Commentary which sets up Dark Souls as some kind of "Big bang" in terms of fantasy action games is as tiresome as it is short sighted. The Souls series wasnt even the origin of the Souls style gameplay in FROM's output alone, never mind the industry at large. The series has certainly been influential but seeing everything, often tenuously, is exasperating. Especially in the case of a game that was in development before the game came out.

Baalzebup

Oh yeah, that is a very nice OT indeed. FAQ covers pretty much everything important.

Though I would mention these as well:

You can change your and your pawns vocation at Bitter Black Island in addition to the inn keeper at Gran Soren.

The narrative portions of BBI only make sense after you have completed the main story once, as it delves into the themes that come up in the narrative once you meet up with the Dragon again.

Edit: Well, I guess Wbacon did actually cover the latter :p

Q) How do I access the Bitterblack Isle ("BBI") expansion content?
A) You must complete the early quest at the Encampment, create your main pawn, and then return to Cassardis at night time. Follow the purple marker on the mini-map to the dock area and talk to Olra. Be warned that BBI is considered post-game content. Players are advised to beat the main story before visiting BBI.

That always was really baffling to me - I have no idea what they were going for with the current system considering how often it backfires, unless it was always intended to be a comedic thing. At the very least, they could restrict your possible 'partner' by gender - I'm assuming it hasn't been fixed in the port at all?

Well in the OP it says that there's an item you can get to max out the affinity of whatever NPC you want. Just make sure you don't max out any others afterwards.

UltraJay

idk but whining about OT titles is super lame

I apologize.

Thinking about trying this out in Hard mode for the outfits (plus achievement?). According to the wiki apparently random loot drops of Rift Crystals never happen and are instead gold on hard mode. Is this true? I know there are other ways to earn Rift Crystals but I would still like to get them as drops.

Revan

The wolves might hunt in 4K....but do they hunt in packs as well? The original release never settled this question....

/s

Knurek

Grief, wouldn't it be better to suggest injecting SMAA (with Reshade or whatever) than to use FXAA from NVIDIA control panel?

Cirdan

Neo Member
Ready to be pushed by the wind once again.

All roads lead to Gran Soren.

Starting with a strider this time around.

I'm still not sure if I should try Hard Mode. I finished the main game once already (PS3 version) on Normal but haven't seen any of the DLC content.

Parfait

Can you use both a controller and keyboard shortcuts?

Say still have hotkeys for items but otherwise play with my controller.

Top Bottom