• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale (PS4/Vita) |OT| Sans Keyboard

qlC5VOR.png

A huge special thanks to Cornbread78 and PSqueak for their help in this!

RnW4jTj.gif

BEGONE DOG! IT IS TIME FOR I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, TO EXPLAIN THE WONDERS OF THIS GAME!

BwNvzoP.png

DEVELOPER: Toby Fox
PUBLISHER: Toby Fox and 8-4 Ltd.
PLATFORM(S):
Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita (IT'S CROSSBUY!)
RELEASE:
Windows, OS X WW: September 15, 2015
Linux WW: July 17, 2016
PS4, PS Vita WW: August 15, 2017
LANGUAGE: English, Japanese
GENRE: Role-playing
MODE: Single-player
PRICE: $14.99
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/UnderTale

Collector’s Edition for PS4/Vita/PC:
rmNXsOM.png

GAZE UPON IT'S BEAUTY!

(exclusive to Fangamer)
The Collector’s edition includes:
  • The complete UNDERTALE soundtrack: Over 100 songs on 2 CDs
  • UNDERTALE sheet music booklet featuring six songs with annotations by Toby Fox
  • A gold-plated music-box locket
  • A sturdy collector’s box
  • A physical copy of UNDERTALE for PS4, PS Vita, or PC
Physical Edition:
egDkLOG.jpg

For you physical copy lubbers.

All physical editions include:
  • A 24-page storybooklet illustrated by Temmie Chang
  • Music box locket concept by Seoyeon An
  • Sheet music arrangement and music administration by Materia Collective
Here's your link to Fangamer's store!
But just so you know:
qB5KDsk.png

Want to know about the trophies? Here's a link! But be warned of spoilers! YOU WERE WARNED!!

Here is the original PC |OT|!

Sans!
what's up bro?
Explain to the HUMAN how you play the game!
what? but i'm tired...
JUST DO IT!
okay okay. here's a copy of the instructions:
a steamy site said:
ABOUT THIS GAME

Welcome to UNDERTALE. In this RPG, you control a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. Now you must find your way out... or stay trapped forever.

((Healthy Dog's Warning: Game contains imagery that may be harmful to players with photosensitive epilepsy or similar condition.))

Features:
  • Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system.
  • Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters.
  • Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality.
  • Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor.
  • Created mostly by one person.
  • Become friends with all of the bosses!
  • At least 5 dogs.
  • You can date a skeleton.
  • Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...?
  • Maybe you won't want to date the skeleton.
  • I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog.
  • If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it.

here's another tip from a guy in a forum.
A bit of spoiler-free advice for if you get stuck during a fight: Most RPGs give you a ton of tools and only require/reward you for using a few of them (mainly, attack, block, heal). In Undertale, you have to use every single mechanic at some point in a way that is pretty counter-intuitive sometimes if you want the fight to end in a way that you want it to. Pay close attention to how characters react to your actions, either in text or expressions. There's lots of subtle hints, with some being much harder to pick up on than others!

BASICALLY DO WHAT YOU WANT AND STOP ASKING ME, THE GREAT PAPYRUS FOR HELP NYEH HEH HEH!!!
if you say so bro.

0Hope2H.png

You
latest

That's you HUMAN! I don't know where you come from or why you look like that so stop asking me!

Flowey the Flower
latest

He's your best friend!

Toriel
latest

Your Beloved Smother! She makes the best pies!

Sans
latest

My lazy bones of a brother! Knows plenty of pun advice!

The Great Papyrus
latest

THAT'S ME! And don't you forget it HUMAN!

I'm bored of this! You take over this part Sans!
huh? oh okay then.

NUN4YMx.png

O9FiCf2.jpg
3c0e12be0b3a03841c8ca43693c9303469891f35_hq.jpg

591ebaf530ea81f6642db3d6e5400452d9cbf6a1_hq.jpg
cf86948f2c0c2573d03be97357ae1f6a211e12f7_hq.jpg

822c446fce0b17d0cb9ce7b85cff950896f67f87_hq.jpg
7adfff3deb955289333dfce926e80086eed08ac5_hq.jpg

52a5cfdd56f6923c9876771e5b6bded18405aae4_hq.jpg
cb3fc9d7f31ec90f9d77de72f3cb2f5f808eba3e_hq.jpg

087c7fd4b6af00fd9fe72aafdfcd8cc61ce76c3d_hq.jpg
b883a42bfece6bcc5c0a3ec95d8b37e3126ca744_hq.jpg

f3e9ffb3dc2a0036f1523ecb2047b38ddfaf2c9c_hq.jpg

psst!
that's you kid.

qUhwJNK.png

boss-battle.gif

34-4152.gif

REzKsOl.gif

2785618-undertale+politics.jpg

Undertale3.png

CSyCu5x.jpg

90a.jpg

here's some trailers kid.
Kickstarter Trailer
Steam Greenlight Trailer
PC Release Trailer
PS4/PS Vita Announcement Trailer

AND THAT'S ALL YOU GET FOR NOW! WAIT FOR REVIEWS OR SOMETHING! FAREWELL HUMAN!
see ya kid. sorry about my brother. he's a real numbSKULL.
e53492f6b23e6a41d11831addd8feb7ec68e49f0_hq.gif

BE QUIET SANS!

JymfMkT.jpg

RnW4jTj.gif

Ruff! It's me again!

BgHNS2G.png

Can't wait to finally play this. How close is this to the PC version? I remember hearing back when the game came out that there were some mechanics that wouldn't translate to console.

Hope you guys liked the OT! I didn't want to spoil anything huge but at the same time I didn't know just how much is too much. Sorry if it's a little corny! I've been in the hospital and have been a bit bored.

I so can't wait to play this game! I've been dying to play it for so long but my computer was not available for me to use (and now it's broken) so I've been yearning for a console release.

Now it's finally here! Thank you Toby and 8-4!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

1upsuper

Can't wait for my special edition to arrive
in December
so I can start lending it to all my friends who strictly play console.

Looking forward to seeing the differences of that stuff towards the end of the neutral route. I've got the Vita CE pre-ordered from Fangamer, so I may just wait for that rather than triple dipping into the Digital Vita version.

Thanks for the OT! Looks great!

Super excited for this. I played maybe am hour of it on PC before deciding to wait for a the-unannounced Vita port.
Got the CE coming so I'll have to wait a bit longer still, unfortunately.

Aizo

Banned
Gotta wait on international shipping on the special edition. Looking forward to playing it again and seeing the differences in Japanese.

Milennia

Hope you guys liked the OT! I didn't want to spoil anything huge but at the same time I didn't know just how much is too much. Sorry if it's a little corny! I've been in the hospital and have been a bit bored.

I so can't wait to play this game! I've been dying to play it for so long but my computer was not available for me to use (and now it's broken) so I've been yearning for a console release.

Now it's finally here! Thank you Toby and 8-4!

it was awesome, hope you feel better!

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
So, I know the game is cross-buy, but has there been any word as to whether or not it's cross-save? Might get started on PS4 tonight, but I plan to primarily play it on Vita, so it'd be nice if I could carry my save over. If not, I'll just wait until tomorrow. Looking forward to jumping back in, this is one of my favourite games.

What is this RPG-Maker overhyped meme-ridden garbage?

I'm so hyped!! One of my favorite games and I've been dying to replay since my pc died on me. Never did genocide route, but fully intend to get all endings this time.

Also thanks for using my suggested title guys!! Amazing OT

GSR

Nice OT. Undertale means a lot to me, and I'm really looking forward to playing it again once my CE gets here, and I can't wait to see the Japanese translation.

This is genuinly one of my favorite games of all time. It's tied for second currently with bloodborne. Theres so much to love about this game. The one thing I will say is that the opening area (cave) can be a but much but once you get out of that area the game never slows down. It's filled with new areas and lots of surprises. It's easily the most self aware game I've ever played.

Top Bottom