• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype of cancelled ''Mega Bloks Halo'' Game surfaces (basically ''LEGO Halo'')

FelipeMGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZB8d11d9go
Pretty cool video by PtoPOnline which is the same dude who posted the Until Dawn first person prototype.

Game was beeing developed by n-Space and got cancelled around 2013. It looks pretty cool, and the video is filled with gameplay. Like really polished gameplay

6rLg2KS.png:small

Borman

Ah so are you the one who leaked it to Kotaku before it was ready? :p I was already in contact with them.

Edit: Should this video go down, I have official mirrors. No need to reupload.

Scrawnton

That doesn't even remind me of mega blocks or a block aesthetic. It just looks like a polished modern version of N64 game design.

Saw the email come through an hour or so ago and was taken aback so I dropped Mafia mid-cutscene and checked it out. It's a really impressive find; congrats again!

As for the game itself it actually looks pretty fun. The destructible cover and customisation could have been cool to play around with. Would have bought it if the game released.

Wow haha. I would definitely have bought this for me & my kid. Microsoft need more all ages stuff, and this is as good an idea as any. Hopefully this resurfaces at some point, the megabloks toys are still going strong I believe (didn't buy my kid any this year but I thiiink I've spotted new sets).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They really done fucked up by not going with Duplo. I mean the fucking name of the blocks is DUPLO. You don't even need to call it Duplo Halo, the name is already perfectly set up as is! MS dropping the ball yet again.

Blueblur1

That actually didn't look bad. Would've loved to see it released. It would be a great way to introduce my Godson to Halo.

Honestly, a video game this high quality would have not just been a strong seller, but also legitimized Mega Blocks as a Lego competitor in some interesting ways.

Too bad we didn't see this get further developed, it's super interesting.

v1lla21

Reminds me of EGM's April fools prank. Oh how I wished Lego Halo when I was younger. This seemed like a great game with a lot of potential :(

@MUWANdo

Banned
I had to watch the video without sound. Any info on why it didn't happen? It looked surprisingly good

Not really, just speculation that it may have been a case of wrong place, wrong time (a X360 game that would have launched early in the life of the XB1).

The people involved with the game declined to talk about the cancellation, it seems.

Top Bottom