• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype of cancelled ''Mega Bloks Halo'' Game surfaces (basically ''LEGO Halo'')

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Not really, just speculation that it may have been a case of wrong place, wrong time (a X360 game that would have launched early in the life of the XB1).

The people involved with the game declined to talk about the cancellation, it seems.

Thanks. Would've been an interesting XB1 launch era title if a port was developed. Seems a shame it didn't make it to full production

BigEmil

Maybe they didn't need that with once Microsoft knew was going to buy Mojang (Minecraft)

LEGO team are making the game LEGO Worlds looks similar

Borman

Not really, just speculation that it may have been a case of wrong place, wrong time (a X360 game that would have launched early in the life of the XB1).

The people involved with the game declined to talk about the cancellation, it seems.

Yeah, unfortunately. I got confirmation of where it came from with some luck. But thats it. I actually spooked at least one dev.

SFenton

Thanks. Would've been an interesting XB1 launch era title if a port was developed. Seems a shame it didn't make it to full production

Weird that Fable Anniversary didn't end up the same way. (Maybe different audiences and they figured people would rebuy Fable anyways?)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
finding blueprints, collecting parts, platforming, mini horde modes, vehicle customization, splitscreen. this cancelled prototype has more going for it than halo 4 and 5 combined. Also they really nail the tone of the original game.

TI82

Banned
finding blueprints, collecting parts, platforming, mini horde modes, vehicle customization, splitscreen. this cancelled prototype has more going for it than halo 4 and 5 combined. Also they really nail the tone of the original game.

Vehicle controls looked a little off but yeah that could be fixed later on

Blam

Honestly doesn't look that bad. I'd assume Borman only a 360 build was made of the vertical slice?

Duderino

Crazy, I recall us pitching something nearly identical at Backbone Entertainment before the studio closed its doors. We never made it out of the pitch phase, but I did wind up building some tools to help with the asset construction and put together a few examples.

Remember hearing through the grape vine it went to N-space. Very cool to see what could have been. Really a shame it didn't pan out for them, N-space were clearly competent, but like a lot of the project contracting studios probably delt with a lot uncertainty in production.

I'm really torn on this. On the one hand this looks colourful, suprisingly polished and well realised, and has some simple but novel ideas in the gameplay. On the other hand, its fucking mega bloks.

Nowise10

if I say I'd buy it, is their a chance it will come back? Because I would buy the FUCK out of this. Looks absolutely amazing, specially for a prototype.

Borman

Crazy, I recall us pitching something nearly identical at Backbone Entertainment before the studio closed its doors. We never made it out of the pitch phase, but I did wind up building some tools to help with the asset construction and put together a few examples.

Remember hearing through the grape vine it went to N-space. Very cool to see what could have been. Really a shame it didn't pan out for them, N-space were clearly competent, but like a lot of the project contracting studios probably delt with a lot uncertainty in production.

Always happy to listen...

Honestly doesn't look that bad. I'd assume Borman only a 360 build was made of the vertical slice?

Yeah, and the project was only slated for 360 based on all the evidence I have.

if I say I'd buy it, is their a chance it will come back? Because I would buy the FUCK out of this. Looks absolutely amazing, specially for a prototype.

Not in any way resembling this prototype. N-Space is dead and its staff scattered after Sword Coast Legends underperformed.

And that's fucked because N-Space had some amazing talent under their belt.

I would have rather had this than the busted Master Chief Collection and Halo 5. This looks freaking phenomenal and the idea of having a Halo game I could play with my young cousins sounds terrific.

Cancelling this was definitley a mistake.

Oneself

Doesn't really look like Mega Blocks but it looks quite good.
It could have become Microsoft's answer to Ratchet&Clank. Looks quite similar IMO.

xzeldax3

God damnnnnnn, that looks great. I think I would have loved playing it. Those toys are still popular, right? Maybe the game has a chance of getting a revival.

Top Bottom