• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Dartastic

This Montreal v Portland game is bonkers. Weak PK call, crazy slap to the face of Piatti by Chara right in front of the ref, pushing and shoving all over the place (including on the benches), horrible defending on the Portland goal just before halftime... insane.

that was a fun game!
No, no it wasn't. Getting increasingly worried about this team, and Chara... man... what the FUCK were you thinking? :(

Icolin

Banned
23-man rosters for tomorrow's Canadian Championship:

Montreal Impact:

Goalkeepers (3): Evan Bush, Maxime Crépeau, Eric Kronberg
Defenders (7): Ambroise Oyongo, Hassoun Camara, Laurent Ciman, Chris Duvall, Kyle Fisher, Wandrille Lefèvre, Daniel Lovitz
Midfielders (10): Adrián Arregui, Hernán Bernardello, Patrice Bernier, David Choinière, Blerim Dzemaili, Calum Mallace, Ignacio Piatti, Michael Salazar, Shamit Shome, Ballou Tabla
Forwards (3): Nick DePuy, Anthony Jackson-Hamel, Dominic Oduro

Vancouver Whitecaps:

Goalkeepers (2): Sean Melvin*, Spencer Richey
Defenders (6): Marcel de Jong, Sem de Wit*, Jake Nerwinski, Tim Parker, Cole Seiler, Deklan Wynne*
Midfielders (11): Matthew Baldisimo*, Marco Bustos, Alphonso Davies, Matías Laba, Ben McKendry, Nicolás Mezquida, David Norman Jr.*, Mauro Rosales, Tony Tchani, Cristian Techera, Russell Teibert
Forwards (4): Gloire Amanda*, Kyle Greig, Fredy Montero, Brek Shea

*WFC2 call-up

My initial reaction is that Montreal are bringing, pretty much, their A team, whereas the Whitecaps are without regular starters such as Andrew Jacobson, Kendall Waston, Sheanon Williams, Jordan Harvey, and Christian Bolanos. It gives guys like Nerwinski, Seiler, Teibert, McKendry, Mezquida, Shea, and Amanda more game time though, which is a positive. And it's always great to have an opportunity to watch Alphonso Davies more often
YES HE'S SIXTEEN YEARS OLD

Will edit this once TFC and Ottawa announce their lineups.

Icolin

Banned
Before:

DAdJ6fJXoAAkR6Q.jpg
After:

Source

It begins.

Icolin

Banned
Poor performance from TFC tonight, but at least you guys have the away goal.

I fully expect TFC to clean up in the second leg.

EDIT: Starting 11s for the Whitecaps v Impact game:

VWFC subs:
40.Sean Melvin, 32.Marco Bustos, 42.David Norman Jr., 47.Kyle Greig, 54.Gloire Amanda, 62.Deklan Wynne, 65.Matthew Baldisimo

Great to see a lot of WFC2 players in the 18 man squad. Hopefully we'll get to see Gloire Amanda play some minutes (fun fact: Amanda and Davies both played together in the same academy in Edmonton).

A few different places saying that Zelalem did his ACL during the U20 WC. That'll be 6-9 months out for him and a major setback in a career that's stalled out lately anyway. His Arsenal contract is up in June, too, so I'm not sure where he'll head next. :(

Icolin

Banned
A few different places saying that Zelalem did his ACL during the U20 WC. That'll be 6-9 months out for him and a major setback in a career that's stalled out lately anyway. His Arsenal contract is up in June, too, so I'm not sure where he'll head next. :(

I'd like to see an MLS team make a gamble on him.

Dartastic

Obligatory "fuck Seattle" for rivalry week.

Real talk though, the USOC scheduling for this is awful. I think this is the third year in a row we've gotten to play Seattle for our first game, and it's at Starfire, AGAIN. This shit has got to change.

We play Seattle 3 times in the next month. That's absurd. That doesn't help a rivalry. I can't get as fired up about each game knowing that we're playing them SO much.

May 27: @Seattle
June 13: USOC @ Starfire
June 25: Home @PDX

Cystm

3 goals in the first 8 minutes. Niko and Accam.

"Niko Suave"

STAHP.

Chicago, Columbus, and New Englands broadcast teams are the worst.

Together they form Joe Buck.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That makes our first 4-game win streak in five years.

giphy.gif

Hahahaha*sobs*hahaha this fucking club!

You guys deserve some good fortune after all this time.

On the other hand, apparently despite how NYRB is playing they've managed to pull more points at this season than any of the last 7. Go figure.

Meier

I added 3 Dallas players to my fantasy team for this week due to the double week.. and none of them played?! Who sits a keeper?! Gonzalez, Urruti and Acosta. What the hell kind of team did Dallas put out vs Chicago?

Icolin

Banned
I added 3 Dallas players to my fantasy team for this week due to the double week.. and none of them played?! Who sits a keeper?! Gonzalez, Urruti and Acosta. What the hell kind of team did Dallas put out vs Chicago?
They saved up for the game against their intra-conference rival, rather than playing their top players in a midweek away game at a team outside their conference.

Makes sense.

Cystm

Pereja always does this kind of shit. He did it last year a few times. Played the B team against Seattle - in Seattle and lost (shockingly) 3 - 0.

Pereja himself wasn't even at the game against Chicago.

I too added the same 3 lol. Should've seen it coming.

Edit: actually, I went with Hedges and not JGon.

Meier

They saved up for the game against their intra-conference rival, rather than playing their top players in a midweek away game at a team outside their conference.

Makes sense.

They're professionals. Why not play them both games?! I'm so confused by how often this shit happens in MLS.. but at a minimum, I thought I was safe to play the damn goalkeeper.

Top Bottom