• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Icolin

Banned
Getting nightmares thinking about our backline in possession against ATL next week.

ATL is incredible at applying high pressure.

RBH

*reaches home*

*checks DVR recording of ATL vs. NYFC*

*sees college softball instead of soccer for the first 50 minutes of the match, thus missing all of Atlanta's goals*

ivINS4n1pNWbs_zps5fbe228c.gif

Fuck off ESPN

Cystm

*reaches home*

*checks DVR recording of ATL vs. NYFC*

*sees college softball instead of soccer for the first 50 minutes of the match, thus missing all of Atlanta's goals*

ivINS4n1pNWbs_zps5fbe228c.gif

Fuck off ESPN

Yeah, it was kinda a shitty day from them. They went to a fucking commercial break during the moment of silence for Manchester.

Ridiculous.

Been away for a few days - hope everyone is doing well.

- The Quakes really stank against LA. Awful to do that in a rivalry match at home. It goes to show how important having a competent d-mid (or two) is in that formation. :/ At least TT got going with an assist.
- The USMNT roster for the upcoming WCQs is up.
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Atlanta United), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders: DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City).

Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Paul Arriola (Tijuana), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Fabian Johnson (Moenchengladbach), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Bobby Wood (Hamburg).
27-man squad for matches against Trinidad and Tobago on June 8, in the Denver suburb of Commerce City, and Mexico, on June 11 at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.
- John Brooks is rumored to be moving to Wolfsburg in a 17m Euro move. It would break the transfer fee record for an American.

RR30

Danny Williams continues to get no respect SMH. Chandler pulled out today too. Let's hope that is the only injury we have.

Icolin

Banned
Canadian roster for the friendly against Curaçao in Montreal, as well as a prep camp for the Gold Cup:

GK- Milan Borjan | POL / MKS Korona Kielce
GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
GK- James Pantemis
CB- Dejan Jaković | USA / New York Cosmos
CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / Vasas Budapest
CB- Wandrille Lefèvre | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
CB/M- Adam Straith | CAN / FC Edmonton
FB- Fraser Aird
FB- Kwame Awuah | CAN / New York City FC
FB- Juan Córdova | CHI / CD Huachipato
FB- Marcel de Jong | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
FB- Andrés Fresenga | URU / Cerro Largo FC
FB- Tyler Pasher | USA / Sporting Kansas City
M- Tesho Akindele | USA / FC Dallas
M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
M- Raheem Edwards | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Kianz Froese | GER / Fortuna Düsseldorf
M- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
M- Will Johnson | USA / Orlando City SC
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Louisville City FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | ESP / CD Izarra
M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Marcus Haber | SCO / Dundee FC
M/F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Impact Montréal
F- Cyle Larin | USA / Orlando City SC
F- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Toronto FC

No Tabla or Davies, although they're both in the process of getting Canadian citizenship. Nice to see AJM, Ricketts, and Edwards on the roster.

Icolin

Banned
eeeeh I guess, thing is it's also kinda rainy in Montreal so it's a hard sell for a non-MLS B-team game

I think you guys are going to play an A-team, given that you had a break, and your 3 required Canadians are likely going to be Crepeau, AJM, and Bernier, which aren't B team players.

I fully expect to see Ciman, Oyongo, Dzemaili, Piatti et al staring tonight.

zroid

Banned
Wonder if TFC will field a slightly less gimped roster to try and secure a finals berth, or just go with the same guys as last time

really though, there's no reason the B-team shouldn't be able to beat Ottawa...

Wonder if TFC will field a slightly less gimped roster to try and secure a finals berth, or just go with the same guys as last time

really though, there's no reason the B-team shouldn't be able to beat Ottawa...
I really hope they trot out at least Bradley or Vazquez, maybe both. Get your Canadian quota from Ricketts, Osorio and Hamilton, and don't let up. It's only New England this weekend, but we need to control our own destiny, and not let it get to that playoff.

Going to the Atlanta/Crew game on the 17th (go ATL!). Can't wait. Haven't been to a MLS game in person since Colorado in 2003 when there were like 35 people in the stands and Coby Jones played for the Galaxy.

zroid

Banned
well that was fun

great work by Hamilton and Endoh on the 1st goal (own?), and the 2nd goal was just 😍 all around

Icolin

Banned
Ottawa gave up completely on that last goal.

Yep, and defending's not their only problem. They haven't shown any urgency going forward in this entire second half. Just long, hopeful, hoofed balls that have gone out of play or right back to TFC time and time again.

EDIT: lol. 4-0.

Icolin

Banned
Cheering for TFC in the final. They have a better chance of going deep into the Champions League than Montreal, and I could see them going toe to toe with the Liga MX teams.
Unlike us.

RBH

Going to the Atlanta/Crew game on the 17th (go ATL!). Can't wait. Haven't been to a MLS game in person since Colorado in 2003 when there were like 35 people in the stands and Coby Jones played for the Galaxy.
Awesome, have fun! Definitely take MARTA if you can, it will save you a headache when it comes to parking. There's also a good tailgate behind the nearby Varsity before every home match

I might be going to the Atlanta/Chicago game on June 10th if I'm not working that day. Got the chance to try on the replica and authentic kit at the team store in Atlantic Station this past weekend when I was visiting family in Atlanta and decided to go with the replica kit (cheaper and felt more comfortable). Wasn't able to go to the ATL/NYFC match unfortunately

Definitely forgot about the international duty for some folks, probably because I'm Canadian, haha.

Solid win, about what I expected. Endoh had a good game, I'm happy for him. Hamilton, too, he shines during these games. Vazquez is, of course, just wonderful. And I'm glad Giovinco is back, and got on the scoresheet.

Onto the next one!

Realeza

Banned
The Sounders this season are a fucking yo-yo. If our main players get injured or are fatigued, we are fucked. Our bench is embarrassing.

Icolin

Banned
This site is very reputable for information about its namesake. Sounds like City are keeping an eye on Josh Sargent during the U-20. Danny Barbir played for City's youth teams for a bit a few years back but otherwise I am unfamiliar with any Americans in the youth setup.

https://twitter.com/scoutsattending/status/870216387125530624

City wouldn't be a very good choice. He'll never get into the first team, constantly get loaned, and be sold eventually without being given a chance at City.

Would much rather have Werder Bremen or other Bundesliga teams sign him.

Dartastic

The Sounders this season are a fucking yo-yo. If our main players get injured or are fatigued, we are fucked. Our bench is embarrassing.
Hey, welcome to the post MLS Cup hangover! It's a thing.

Hopefully the Timbers get back in shape tonight. This team is... not clicking the way they should.

ZZMitch

Do any of you guys play Football Manager? Saw its on sale on steam for cheap today and have been thinking about getting it. Does it do a good job of simulating MLS?

Never played FM before but it seems like something id like...

Cystm

Do any of you guys play Football Manager? Saw its on sale on steam for cheap today and have been thinking about getting it. Does it do a good job of simulating MLS?

Never played FM before but it seems like something id like...

I tried to get into it, but it was ultimately not something I had time for. It's fun and the rosters are mostly current (Chicago did not have Basti)

I did not check off AI Xfers so Dom Dwyer ended up at DC and that's right about the time I stopped playing it.

So, I would say that yeah, check it out, but make sure you really go through the settings (There is a metric ton) before you dive into a campaign.

Quakes were never really in the match, but there was some garbage refereeing on the red card.

Yeah, that was a terrible game from a PRO perspective. Portland got some calls to go their way though, which hasn't really been a thing.

DV8 is an amazing person, so I am all for him grabbing a brace after a bit of a dry spell.

Top Bottom