• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

The MLS Live feed kicked in after like 35 minutes of the first half.

Macnamara has short hair. He cut his fucking majestic hair.

Without his Macnamullet, he will never be the same player.

---

Ya'll are watching champions league anyway, right?

Turf is absolute shit. Can't believe this is still allowed.

Fuck sakes we should be up by 2.

This may be the worst defending of the season by TFC too.

No wonder the Revs are undefeated at home with this trash heap of a field.

Icolin

Banned
Massive win for us today. Props to Atlanta, you guys have a fantastic squad.

Probably the best overall performance from the Whitecaps this season thus far. Captain Waston was beasting today.

EDIT: Also shoutouts to Adam DeVine, who was at the Whitecaps game today, bizarrely.

gutshot

DBcBeByXcAEyz5k

Icolin

Banned
RSL has eaten 11 goals in the past two games. Wtf?

You know you're bad when Lamah, aka the poor man's Fabian Castillo that's been largely ineffective thus far, gets a hat-trick against you.

RSL's going through a rebuild; Rusnak, Savarino, et al are just the start. Next year, when Petke gets a full preseason and transfer window, they'll be back in the hunt for a playoff spot. I don't see them doing well this year.

Icolin

Banned
USA's Preliminary roster for the Gold Cup:

GOALKEEPERS (6): Joe Bendik (Orlando City SC), Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas), Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Sean Johnson (New York City FC)

DEFENDERS (12): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Greg Garza (Atlanta United FC), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca/MEX), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG), Matt Miazga (Chelsea/ENG), Justin Morrow (Toronto FC/CAN), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire), Jonathan Spector (Orlando City SC), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

MIDFIELDERS (15): Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana/MEX), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana/MEX), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Tommy McNamara (New York City FC), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Chris Pontius (Philadelphia Union), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution), Kenny Saief (Gent/BEL), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

FORWARDS (7): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Dom Dwyer (Sporting Kansas City), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Having Jesse Gonzalez there is major.

Bradley alone in deep midfield is probably enough against T&T at home (I'd hope), but he's going to need some help back there against Mexico. Probably a double pivot with Acosta?

Cystm

A whole lot of new energy out there trying to mix with the old. Bradley was off. Duece and Wood were off. We were good on the wings. Glad that was only a friendly, but it did not do well for me heading into these do or die WCQ matches.

Yeah, not a great platform to build off of. Qualifiers are annoying - have to do so much integration on the fly with little preparation.

Hmmm, I guess I'll DVR the U20 game.

Lunar FC

Going to my first usmnt match next week. So damn excited.

Not a great performance tonight, but hopefully it was a learning experience going forward.

Meier

On the plus side, I thought that was a good performance by Timmy. We need a clear #1 again and this helps solidify that imo.

Ottaro

Went to the FC Dallas game and it was a real treat. Fastest hat-trick in franchise history, our 1,000th franchise goal, and our new youngest scorer getting a goal in his first professional appearance at the age of 16.

Sorry RSL, but that was fun as hell.

Cystm

Went to the FC Dallas game and it was a real treat. Fastest hat-trick in franchise history, our 1,000th franchise goal, and our new youngest scorer getting a goal in his first professional appearance at the age of 16.

Sorry RSL, but that was fun as hell.

Also the first time 5 goals were scored in the first half. Petke looked crushed. Sad to see.

To be fair to RSL. They were down 12 players from their roster and literally only had 4 available subs for the away match.

Having said that though. This is not at all the first blow out result they've had this season. Tough to see them fall this hard.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A whole lot of new energy out there trying to mix with the old. Bradley was off. Duece and Wood were off. We were good on the wings. Glad that was only a friendly, but it did not do well for me heading into these do or die WCQ matches.

Dempsey is probably best used as a super-sub at this point, he could do a lot more damage when everyone's tired out and unable to keep up with his tricky plays. Wood/Altidore should be the starting pair, there's just not enough of a physical presence in the attack without Jozy.

Cystm

I cannot unhear Scully from Brooklyn 99 everytime Tony Meola talks during this ORLvCHI match.

giphy.gif

Also,

The Chicago Fire are fun to watch.

Feels so good.

Top Bottom