• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite: Alt Costume got shown (Cowboy Ghost Rider, Donte, etc)

Ey man, you can have the faithful DMC2 remake if you want to

all i'm saying is if DMC5 was a full on DMC2 retcon, I would be legit ok with that

I never actually played it: it's the only PS2 game I have that I didn't even put in the console to see if it worked. I should try it someday.

kunonabi

The DLC characters include a premium costume for said character. For example, if you buy Black Panther on his own, you also get his Trice-Blessed Armor.

Then why bother with saying the costume pass is going to cover the dlc characters if youre getting the costumes for free anyway? Or are the dlc characters getting two costumes?

Big0Bear

So capcom got shit for their previous game selling a season pass that didn't include everything. So now they have character passes and costume passes? What the hell did they sell with the damn game, doesn't seem like much. For sure waiting for this one

Just as god intended😈
GONdQ2M.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They couldn't be bothered to fix Chun's headsize?

EDIT: And of course, DmC Dante is a huge disappointment, but that kind of goes without saying.

Yukinari

I cant wait until we get DMC5 and everyone who supposedly hates Dante doesnt buy it so we never get another game with Dante OR Donte.

Youd think with enough time passed people who enjoyed DmC would understand why others arent a fan of it. It would be like if someone enjoyed DMC2 and told others theyre wrong for liking the other entries.

Zetta

They range from pretty great to complete trash as expected. You know Dante looks awful when the premium is Donte but manages to look superior.

I've always have been under the assumption that they were going to use Donte and said nah we've angered enough people lets give him a red jacket and call it a day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Can't I like both?

The main issue is that Capcom pitted the two against each other. This isn't just fan fabrication, it was confirmed after the fact that each series lived or died by DmC's success. Capcom was just unwilling to say as much during the initial marketing and release of DmC because they were afraid it would result in blowback, which it did anyway because people saw through their transparently dodgy answers.

So, yes, you can like both, but if people had any sort of marginal preference for one over the other, they were forced to pick sides.

The main issue is that Capcom pitted the two against each other. This isn't just fan fabrication, it was confirmed after the fact that each series lived or died by DmC's success. Capcom was just unwilling to say as much during the initial marketing and release of DmC because they were afraid it would result in blowback, which it did anyway because people saw through their transparently dodgy answers.

So, yes, you can like both, but if people had any sort of marginal preference for one over the other, they were forced to pick sides.
Ooooh.

Is that why DMC5 still has an unknown fate? I know we have rumors and hints but have yet to receive an official announcement.
I'm partial to the whiny defensive rants DmC fans go off on whenever that shit game is criticized.
That's fine. Fire away. I like both games but have seen some odd things from either side of the fandom.

Besides, neither side is free at all when it comes to whiny defensive rants.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ooooh.

Is that why DMC5 still has an unknown fate? I know we have rumors and hints but have yet to receive an official announcement.

Itsuno basically stated that DmC's sales weren't great and they weren't terrible, which means that it was just mediocre enough for neither series to "die" really. But if DmC was a success, DMC would have been dead. That much was clear. Of course, they released DMC4SE shortly after. I won't comment on speculation or rumors, but there's still a pretty strong contingent of people who are confident that DMC5 is very much a thing.

Itsuno basically stated that DmC's sales weren't great and they weren't terrible, which means that it was just mediocre enough for neither series to "die" really. Of course, they released DMC4SE shortly after. I won't comment on speculation or rumors, but there's still a pretty strong contingent of people who are confident that DMC5 is very much a thing.
That's really rough. I do think that DMC5 is coming but I guess it's all on the corporate side of Capcom now.

It's too bad that the series is still in danger then. They could at least port the original three games to the PS4 though.

Oh hey now I won't mind playing Dante.

Chris and Strange look amazing but tbfh when don't they. Icons.

Hulk's made me laugh, I like it.

Chun-Li looks amazing as always, Morrigan's looks really cool love what they went with.

Captain America sucks so I'm glad he got a shit costume to fit the character C:

Taking the beard away from Ryu is trash, delete your account Capcom.

JusDoIt

Strider needs an Old Zeku costume STAT.

Homeless Ryu needs a beard so he can be Hot.

Donte needs to replace Dante altogether.

Chun-Li needs some fashion tips if she’s really trying to get back to being a young single girl instead of a young single cowgirl.

Hawkeye needs a Hawkguy alt.

Joe Fixit is the dopest alt in the game and I wanna main Hulk now.

Nori Chan

you guys are liars

i see nothing on xbox one except the shadows of the dlc characters. i'm over here about to drop 30 and nothing

Megatron

Whenever I eventually get thisbgame, I will getbthe hulk and captain Marvel costumes for sure. Maybe Ghost Rider too...

taoofjord

I was hoping they'd fix the art direction with the costume dlc but this stuff looks worse than the original costumes. Damn, Capcom, what happened?

Korezo

Capcom putting that Dante in the game makes me glad the game is a flop, they really don't know wtf they're doing.

RocBase

Donte costume....because of course lol. This is straight up Classic Capcom that I'm actually laughing rn.

He looks great though. If I had the game I would def use him over the disappointment that's currently present.

Gilgamech

I don't agree with the choice of putting in Donte but that's a good looking model. Captain America on the other hand...Wha Happun?! The inconsistency in model quality in this game is really weird.

Top Bottom