• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Silexx

Surprised about Murray, but he probably got fired for hiring Bylsma. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to Ottawa in a scouting role

Not likely to happen:

Marc Brassard‏ @mbrassard 34m34 minutes ago

Tim Murray congédié à Buffalo. Gros doute que le neveu de Bryan revienne dans le giron à Ottawa. A brûlé les ponts avec Dorion. #ledroit

Timmy and Dorion do not get along.

Edit: Damn you, Kernel!

ColdPizza

Banned
Surprised about Murray, but he probably got fired for hiring Bylsma. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to Ottawa in a scouting role

I think Bylsma was more of an ownership hire than a Murray one. He got canned for spending all of Darcy Regier's stockpile of picks with no improvement.

Socreges

Banned
Happy that Larsen is gone. Lo fucking l at someone calling him one of our top D prospects. He's 27 years old and is a fringe bottom 6er.

Upset about Tryamkin. Dude averaged 16m TOI for the second half of the season but apparently it wasn't enough. I'm sure a big part of his decision was that he didn't speak a lick of English and maybe has no desire to. Will be interesting to see if he tries to get an NHL contract with a team that'll guarantee him top 4 minutes in a year's time.

Now the real pee pee slapping will begin
Murray8.jpg

If there is such a thing as 'the pedophile look', Tim Murray has got it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Murray always came off as a smug prick

Please let McGuire get the job, I NEED to see him in a GM role

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McGuire gets GM, he hires Roy as coach, entire internet celebrates for days. #DREAM
I'll never forget when we drafted Galchenyuk and McGuire said we should have traded Subban for the 1st pick so we could get Yakupov as well.

Chris R

Shawn Simpson thinks Pierre McGuire could seriously be in the running for the Buffalo job as GM.

Someone better check the opposing locker room for hidden cameras when the Pens visit.

And holy fuck, the NHL's ratings are pretty garbage compared to the NBAs on USA tvs :( talking 3mil vs .6mil

RC

Banned
Murray always came off as a smug prick

Please let McGuire get the job, I NEED to see him in a GM role

McGuire will usher in a new level of transparency in the Sabres organization.
By removing all the bathroom stall doors.

Curufinwe

Upset about Tryamkin. Dude averaged 16m TOI for the second half of the season but apparently it wasn't enough. I'm sure a big part of his decision was that he didn't speak a lick of English and maybe has no desire to. Will be interesting to see if he tries to get an NHL contract with a team that'll guarantee him top 4 minutes in a year's time.

Vancouver will still own his NHL rights a year from now, won't they?

calder

Good lord every day another Jays loss clogging up my twitter timeline. May need to stop following some baseball dudes until the Jays break whatever voodoo curse they got.

mdubs

Banned
"Eichel sends his regards"

got0603a.jpg

Seriously though, Don Cherry was right that the Sabres would be cursed after firing Ted Nolan like that

Quick

Banned
Good lord every day another Jays loss clogging up my twitter timeline. May need to stop following some baseball dudes until the Jays break whatever voodoo curse they got.

I trimmed down my baseball follows to just the Jays account from a couple of seasons ago. If I wanted Jays opinions or analysis, I just check the Jays hashtag and TSN and Sportsnet accounts/websites.

Surprised it actually happened, but feel like it needed to happen.

Pretty clear Bylsma didn't have most of the players on board with him. Most obvious a few months ago when Robin Lehner complained publicly that his teammates needed to listen to the coach and play the system. So, maybe it's not entirely Bylsma's fault, but it's way easier to replace the coach than the entire core of the team (again).

Murray also admitted he failed to get the defense he needed to build a playoff team. The defensemen he did add through trades and free agency have been pretty much all busts or average at best. Kulikov is pretty much a shining example of his bad moves. And there's pretty much not a single trade he made where you look at it and think "yep, Buffalo definitely won that trade".

So Tryamkin is suddenly eligible to play in the Olympics for Russia. Gotta think that factored in as well.

Probably also sees that the team will be terrible for the next couple years and doesn't want to be part of that. The Canucks have his rights for 5 years.

This could give Juolevi or Subban a chance to make the team next year, and may affect any ideas of trading a defenseman.

Socreges

Banned
Probably also sees that the team will be terrible for the next couple years and doesn't want to be part of that. The Canucks have his rights for 5 years.

This could give Juolevi or Subban a chance to make the team next year, and may affect any ideas of trading a defenseman.
This is the most annoying part. The uncertainty that this creates. Can the Canucks plan for Tryamkin in their future? It wouldn't be wise to. So you fill his spot and then have to deal with him when he inevitably wants to come back.

This is the most annoying part. The uncertainty that this creates. Can the Canucks plan for Tryamkin in their future? It wouldn't be wise to. So you fill his spot and then have to deal with him when he inevitably wants to come back.

If it counts against the 50 contract limit I wouldn't be surprised if his rights are traded.

Pikma

Banned
Welcome Foggy
Your team foggyng sucks btw

Welcome Marcie
Happy Birthday 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

PixlNinja

Banned
Someone better check the opposing locker room for hidden cameras when the Pens visit.

And holy fuck, the NHL's ratings are pretty garbage compared to the NBAs on USA tvs :( talking 3mil vs .6mil

Hockey is still seen as a "White" sport here and doesn't have the cultural status the other majors do. It's been getting better but it's a slow burn. A more diverse NHL will only grow the game more and draw more interest.

Top Bottom