• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDOS attacks - targeting PSN, Spotify, Netflix, Comcast, etc

Went to bed last night everything was fine. This morning now everything is not I keep getting DNS errors and my PS4 is prompting me for a proxy.

I thought it was my internet but everything seems normal. More importantly when I googled a solution and found a YouTube video there were 10 comments all in the last hour saying they just started experiencing this issue as well.

Anyone on GAF got any insight?

Yeah you know since I couldn't even get past the internet part of the test connection process I didn't even think it could be an outage. Just got past that to PSN Sign-In and it failed so I googled it and http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/723760/PSN-down-PlayStation-Network-offline-PS4

Thanks Battlefield 1 or Sony or whatever the hells the issue.

Edit: Or it's a DDoS attack and it's out of their control 😓

Can confirm Mid-Atlantic States outage.

It seems like it might be an underlying telco problem. Some websites aren't loading for me, Twitter appears inconsistent.

Yeah I noticed some sites were spotty but they ended up working fine eventually.

STEaMkb

It's not just PlayStation. There's something odd going on nationwide.

http://downdetector.com/

Look at how many services are having trouble. All at the same time.

BbA9TYm.png

Down in Manchester UK. Just finished installing Battlefield 1 and now I can't play multiplayer. Pfftt!

Can I blame Putin and Trump? Cause I am.

Kinda crazy the foundation of the internet is being attacked and there's almost no buzz about it. Then again maybe can't because of the attack.

raindoc

I'm having this problem repeatedly. Can't play online on my PS4 - testing the internet connection on my console shows that everything is fine, except for the fact that I can't sign into PSN. My console is connected to the internet, my nuts are moderate, I get values for up- & download speeds, but signing in won't work, no matter how many times I try and restart my router/modem/console.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Any easy fix? I had a lousy week and I've been looking forward to play BF1 since wednesday.

EDIT: I already tried using a different router/modem/provider - same problem

Pennywise

I'm having this problem repeatedly. Can't play online on my PS4 - testing the internet connection on my console show's that everything is fine, except for the fact that I can't sign into PSN. My console is connected to the internet, my nuts are moderate, I get values for up- & download speeds, but signing in won't work, no matter how many times I try and restart my router/modem/console.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Any easy fix? I had a lousy week and I've been looking forward to play BF1 since wednesday.

Had the same problem.
Had two errors shown, firstly PSN was having problems and he DNS.

Use the google DNS.
Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers.
Worked fine for me and had no problem afterwards.
Before I always had Battlefield showing me, that Battlefield wasn't able to connect.

EA servers were/are down, Twitter was down, the entire east coast internet is under attack apparently.

Had the same problem.
Had two errors shown, firstly PSN was having problems and he DNS.

Use the google DNS.
Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers.
Worked fine for me and had no problem afterwards.
Before I always had Battlefield showing me, that Battlefield wasn't able to connect.

Or just wait.

Iorv3th

Do you have UPNP enabled on your router? What router do you have?

Can you check and see if there is an update for your routers firmware (sometimes they have bugs were UPNP and stuff does not work correctly and fix them in firmware updates).

What ISP do you have?

Stopdoor

Isn't this probably related to the big DNS outage going on? Is that still going on? I read PSN was affected by that on the East Coast.

jennetics

I'm having this problem repeatedly. Can't play online on my PS4 - testing the internet connection on my console show's that everything is fine, except for the fact that I can't sign into PSN. My console is connected to the internet, my nuts are moderate, I get values for up- & download speeds, but signing in won't work, no matter how many times I try and restart my router/modem/console.

I...I've never heard that term before. Is it a gaming term? Or are we taking a political stance on something?

Unfortunately, I don't know what's wrong with your PSN. I was just signed in a couple hours ago, so I don't think I'll be much help. That said, I hope you have a better week, homie.

raindoc

Isn't this probably related to the big DNS outage going on? Is that still going on? I read PSN was affected by that on the East Coast.

Have there been repeated attacks on the PSN in the last couple of weeks? because this ain't the first time I'm having this problem, just the first instance in which I really care... and I'm from central europe btw.

Use the google DNS.

will try & report back.

I chuckled.

you're welcome.

I...I've never heard that term before. Is it a gaming term? Or are we taking a political stance on something?

my mother tounge is german. if you pronounce nats in german, it sounds like nuts in english. it's a running gag from my thursday nights halo group that i grew accustomed to. hope i didn't trigger anyone.

strafer

Good. Maybe now I can finish up some Dark Souls quests in human form without being bothered by some bully invader.

Top Bottom