• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Mario Odyssey Trailer Has 8.4 Million Views.....

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That fucking theme song has become a seriously dangerously addiction to my daily life. Goddamn every time I don't hear it I feel a really strong compulsion to play it over and over and over and over again.

That song can cure cancer, I swear.

Kouriozan

At first I didn't really like that song, but after listening 15 times to it (thanks Treehouse), I just can't get it out of my head.
Odyssey, ya see!

I think it just has to do with the fact that against all odds Nintendo didn't manage to fuck up the launch of the Switch. It is a good idea that has been executed well, unlike the horrible trash that was the Wii U. I didn't think I would every say it, but I am going to try and pick up a Switch within the next couple of weeks. I want to play Mario Kart with my sister and her fiancee, along with Zelda.

Neiteio

That fucking theme song has become a seriously dangerously addiction to my daily life. Goddamn every time I don't hear it I feel a really strong compulsion to play it over and over and over and over again.

That song can cure cancer, I swear.
When this song is inevitably added to Smash by way of the New Donk City stage:

Song frequency: Low --------------------------------------------------------->>> High

giphy.gif

jholmes

Discussing YouTube clicks for a trailer? What's next? Facebook likes?

It wasn't even the most viewed but whatever...

You don't understand, Super Mario 3D World had less which means if you were storing up a turd to drop on the Wii U you can turn this thread into your own personal toilet.

Me, I think the trailer looks good, I've loved every one of the 3D Mario games, I don't get the relevance of 8.4 million views at all, but to each their own.

Mr. Tibbs

After that cool hat possession trailer, Odyssey is my most anticipated game for the rest of the year. with Kingdom Battle being a close second.

The trailer's reached over 10 million views.

Kouriozan

Both Mario Odyssey trailers are now the most viewed video game trailer on Nintendo's youtube channel.

Mario Odyssey Switch Presentation Trailer : 24 489 891 views
Mario Odyssey E3 2017 : 12 668 532 views
Zelda: BotW E3 2016 : 12 502 034 views
Zelda: BotW Switch Presentation Trailer : 11 917 816 views

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This is probably my favorite trailer ever. The Breath of the Wild in January one was awesome but this is just something special. The initial surprise with the dinosaur... then the lyrics coming in... then realizing you can possess the enemies... then a person. It's all so good.

Top Bottom