• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Pezking

Maybe some others around here might find that interesting as well:

You can unlock the bonus features from connecting the PS3 version of AC3 and "Liberation" on Vita even if the region of the games doesn't match the region of the PSN account currently in use!

I've just bought the european versions of both games, and unlocked the extras while being logged in on my main american PSN account on both consoles.

It seems that the games only check if the same account is used on both consoles, and then unlock the bonus features without accessing the PSN store at all.

LastNac

Only on sequence 2 but I like it a lot already. Visually some of the character models leave something to be desired but at other times the visuals overall leave me taken aback at how good it looks given the fact that it is still a handheld title. Frame rate is sold and doesn't seem to slow that much at all.

Mrbob

How is the story is this game? Will it mess me up if I play Liberation before Ass Creed 2?

I want to make my way up to 3 and Liberation. I've only finished the first assassins creed, going to start part two soon. Then I need to finish Brotherhood and then Revelations? But if Liberation is just a side story I could play it without having the rest of the story being spoiled?

The setting is this game is awesome I want to play it first.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Nice to see the game is $35.99 for download.

Just got it. Now I fucking hope the download hasn't stopped when I come back later today.

Ponn

Banned
Oh, and is the loading long in the retail version? I got the digital and the loading time isn't horrible except for the initial game boot up, just unexpected from being on a memory card.

graywolf323

downloading it off PSN now :D

I had pre-purchased the AC3 Gold + Liberation bundle on PSN and the games are now live

it's 2.8GB digitally

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'll be heading to my parents' place this weekend with no console so I'm glad my $29 NewEgg copy will be in tomorrow night. :p

Can't wait to play this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So it's not like on PS3 where you need twice the space to install?

Nah, it basically either 1, extracts, or 2, deletes the DL immediately after DL.

I haven't done any tests as I've never been low enough but it would be interesting to see if you had 3GB and the game let you DL. They handle installs a lot better on Vita than on PS3, I think.

anddo0

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

No not at all. You download and install.

And yes the bundle is still up. I got it this morning. If you planned on getting the season pass it's a decent saving.

Nah, it basically either 1, extracts, or 2, deletes the DL immediately after DL.

I haven't done any tests as I've never been low enough but it would be interesting to see if you had 3GB and the game let you DL. They handle installs a lot better on Vita than on PS3, I think.

I've had a few instances when i needed to download a file of 1GB and only had 800MB or so. I would free up the bare minimum and download the file I wanted.

jaxpunk

downloading it off PSN now :D

I had pre-purchased the AC3 Gold + Liberation bundle on PSN and the games are now live

it's 2.8GB digitally

I did the same but can't seem to find a download on the vita psn for liberations. Had to go out of town for work and thought I could at least play the vita till I got home. Am I missing something or do I really have to download all this off the ps3 psn?

To clarify I see liberations up under search but it doesn't have the red you bought this marker on it.

Toki767

I did the same but can't seem to find a download on the vita psn for liberations. Had to go out of town for work and thought I could at least play the vita till I got home. Am I missing something or do I really have to download all this off the ps3 psn?

To clarify I see liberations up under search but it doesn't have the red you bought this marker on it.
If it doesn't have the red marker, that means you didn't actually buy it. If you did buy it though, it should just be in your Download List.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sound is much better using Headphone. (Vita speakers are garbage)

I however miss the amazing 5.1 of the AC on consoles, seriously handhelds need Dolby Headphone.

jaxpunk

If it doesn't have the red marker, that means you didn't actually buy it. If you did buy it though, it should just be in your Download List.
Ya download only shows items you've downloaded, under transaction history I see the bundle. Seems stupid.

Thought wtf ill hit buy and see if the psn magically decides to see that I've bought the game. Nope.

Soi-Fong

I completely forgot I had 9 bucks on my acct. lol Been sitting there for prolly a year now. Having a PC has barely made me touch my PS3 at all. Guess I know where I'm buying. haha

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Caved and finally bought the 32gb mem card. Didnt want to mess with saving stuff on my ps3 for now. Still need to back up my current full 16gb card... That is probably going to take ages...

TehOh

How is the story is this game? Will it mess me up if I play Liberation before Ass Creed 2?

I want to make my way up to 3 and Liberation. I've only finished the first assassins creed, going to start part two soon. Then I need to finish Brotherhood and then Revelations? But if Liberation is just a side story I could play it without having the rest of the story being spoiled?

The setting is this game is awesome I want to play it first.

Brotherhood and Revelations continue Ezio's story from AC 2, Altair's story from AC 1 (in Revelations), and Desmond's story from AC1/2. You will be confused starting AC3 proper unless you either play both Brotherhood/Revelations or read up on plot spoilers.

Both Brotherhood and Revelations are great, though. Screw the haters.

Liberation is a stand-alone side story. It takes place before AC3. Liberation doesn't tie into the modern-day stuff with Desmond at all (from what I understand), so you can play it without touching Brotherhood/Revelations.

From what I've heard, there is a cameo from the protagonist of AC3, Connor, but otherwise, Liberation is independent of the rest of the series.

graywolf323

if you preordered the bundle you have to go back and "buy" it again though now it'll be free

then you'll have AC3 + Liberation in your download history

US or EU?

US

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just about to pull the trigger on this but I want to wait for gaffer impressions.

can't help you since I'm at the very beginning,but there are some gaffers impressions in the past few pages.

All I can say for now is that it look very nice and it run fine on Vita.

Doesn't Sony have a pair of $100 bluetooth headphones that could do Dolby?

the problem is that Vita don't support any sort of Dolby surround(and I think Dolby Headphone/Dolby Mobile require a chip inside the thing like Astro mixamp and DSS and the LG phones) and it don't support even Sony Virtualphones Technology,3DS has a surround option but it's very very poor.

it's sad because they give us these two handheld that do "console experience on the go" but with shitty sound.

The devs are coming in Italy to talk about their work with Aveline and the game, I'm totally going there.
There will be probably a Q&A session and I hope it doesn't end as usual here ~_~
If someone wants, I'll try to foward some question.

Sid

The devs are coming in Italy to talk about their work with Aveline and the game, I'm totally going there.
There will be probably a Q&A session and I hope it doesn't end as usual here ~_~
Question: Will there be another AC exclusively on the vita if this sells well?

- Why no classic multiplayer?
- What are the expectations on the game, sales wise?
- What are the expectations going forward, AC Vita 2 next year or is this a one and done type of deal?

JohngPR

how does the framerate feel to ya'll?

it feels kind of laggy/inconsistent to me, trying to get used to it, frequent dips. played the first couple of missions.

Yep, there's definitely some dropping of frames going on. Nothing that's unplayable, but definitely noticeable.

I've only done a few missions and the game starts out slow, which I don't mind...I like settling into a game like that. Looks great on the Vita although a bit jaggy like Uncharted: GA. Still looking good though!

8138692321_c031539d79_z.jpg

8138723494_7f7d5a5c52_z.jpg

darkwing

are there any plans for DLCs on the Vita

most importantly

any more games for the Vita?

Skilletor

I haven't played a console AC in years, so AC:L felt reeeaaaaallly weird when I first ran around. Framerate seemed pretty bad, but I dunno if that's just in comparison or if it's actually bad. Felt like running in slow motion. :/

JohngPR

So what is the general consensus here,does this game look better than uncharted:golden abyss?

The short answer is yes.

I think it's about the same as far as quality of the graphics, but considering the open world nature of this game, that's pretty damn impressive.

JohngPR

Screenshot time!

Gotta admit, I thought the graphics would be crisper. It does look pretty good in motion but I have experienced some framerate drops and lag.

i'm climbing!
Doj26.jpg

i'm running!
BXQDn.jpg

i'm in a tree!
GzMas.jpg

i'm falling!
BtODI.jpg

horsey!
WcCPt.jpg

I would totally accept this as a full review. Lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I haven't played a console AC in years, so AC:L felt reeeaaaaallly weird when I first ran around. Framerate seemed pretty bad, but I dunno if that's just in comparison or if it's actually bad. Felt like running in slow motion. :/

that how Asscreed games feel like,I think you'll get use to it again.

The short answer is yes.

I think it's about the same as far as quality of the graphics, but considering the open world nature of this game, that's pretty damn impressive.

I'm looking forward to see Vita 2nd gen games, it's just absolutely amazing that the year one/vita first gen games are on this level.

Eusis

Really shows how much they bullshotted those pictures. It's almost like Ubisoft are compulsive liars when it comes to this stuff.

Still, seems to look pretty nice, especially if it's looking like that and maintaining a stable 30 FPS. May look into it later.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Simple organic interactions with crowds, like beggars pestering you for money or encountering an oppressed citizen in need of rescue, are gone.

Yeah, and they replaced that with guards tugging at Aveline for p00nani.

Top Bottom