• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

redcrayon

For anyone interested, apparently NOVA (PS Mini), a game that was broken with the previous firmware, is now working with the new firmware.

So that's something!

Huh. Even NIS experimenting with UE4 now.

edit: Btw, an otome game from that company that do PS4 themes is coming to Vita:

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/2017/04/18/akash-path-of-the-five-coming-to-ps-vita/
Hey Kresnik, there's a nice 6-page article on collecting for the Vita in this month's Games TM magazine (issue 186, Shadow of War on the cover). I can't imagine there's much regulars in this thread don't know but there's some nice quotes from LRG, a look at which items are becoming hard to find and a section on the making of Grand Kingdom. My copy just turned up but I imagine it'll be in newsagents tomorrow.

Hey Kresnik, there's a nice 6-page article on collecting for the Vita in this month's Games TM magazine (issue 186, Shadow of War on the cover). I can't imagine there's much regulars in this thread don't know but there's some nice quotes from LRG, a look at which items are becoming hard to find and a section on the making of Grand Kingdom. My copy just turned up but I imagine it'll be in newsagents tomorrow.

Hey, thanks for the tip, that's pretty cool! I'll see if I can pick up a copy after payday.

I hope we get all three versions in the West. I'd definitely triple dip on this game, just to show support.

Let's hope so, because it's digital-only in Japan so no importing :(

Stalk

there's a nice 6-page article on collecting for the Vita in this month's Games TM magazine (issue 186, Shadow of War on the cover). I can't imagine there's much regulars in this thread don't know but there's some nice quotes from LRG, a look at which items are becoming hard to find and a section on the making of Grand Kingdom.

This sounds interesting, might grab a digital subscription. Not read GamesTM in years!

Buy Dark Witch if you haven't played it before. Really cool little Mega Man - like platformer. It has a Gradius like power-up system which doesn't 100% work with this genre, but the idea is neat.

I'll probably get it again for the trophies, getting all the in-game achievements on 3DS was fun

Vita fam.

Best/cheapest places to get a White PSTV (Japanese) and White Vita (Japanese) imported to the UK?

Best place I can find so far is Buygame2 which have the PSTV for £72 plus shipping and the Vita for £150 plus shipping.

Just wondering if there's anywhere better?

edit: Update on Ray's the Dead:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ragtag/rays-the-dead-0/posts/1863213

We continue to get questions about various platforms so I wanted to answer that here. At the moment we have committed to all of the platforms that we can. Right now those are Steam, PS4, and Vita. We won't have any new information regarding the release of Ray's the Dead on additional platforms until we have released the game.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I don't know why this is getting 0 press, but Idea Factory's Osomatsu-san VN is due out on June 29th (striking while the iron is hot...) in too many SKUs:

Anime VNs never get localized, but since this is based on an anime that had some fad popularity in the west, maybe?

Osomatsu-san is very Sazae-san or Peanuts-like in is multi-generational/multi-decade family-friendliness, but I don't think it ever hit the West in any form. It did have a Sega-developed Mega Drive near-launch game I remember...anyway, I'll be getting one of those SKUs to support the platform, IF and because I was forced to watched dozens and dozens of rerun episodes during ten years in Japan, so I know the series. Fond memories, actually.

Vita fam.

Best/cheapest places to get a White PSTV (Japanese) and White Vita (Japanese) imported to the UK?

Best place I can find so far is Buygame2 which have the PSTV for £72 plus shipping and the Vita for £150 plus shipping.

You're not going to do significantly better. As you probably know, Vita TV prices in Japan shot up after an influx of unwanted black NA region PlayStation TVs flooded the import market there. Cheapest I found for a white JP Vita TV was ¥8500 on amazon.co.jp, about £61. You'll have to go through a reshipper; I recommend Tenso.com. It would probably work out to be about the same, however.

(While you're at it, complete the look with a ¥3950/£28 hunk of plastic!)

Same goes for a white JP Vita... I'm assuming it's a PCH-1000 OLED for that price? If you don't mind a PCH-2000, here's ¥10200/£73 for a White and ¥12338/£88 for a Glacier White. Reshipper again, of course.

Unexpected deals on eBay and Yahoo! Japan Auctions (where you can use a very painless reshipper like Buyee!—that's a white Vita TV for ¥6500/£47) are also always worth checking for.

PS. Great article on SQ-EX's Vita output. Scarlet Grace is tremendously underrated, I think... I'd bet money we see it on Switch and/or mobile. It's a total love letter to SaGa fans, had all the series' names attached, and was the first new console entry in the series since 2002 (Emperor's SaGa and Imperial SaGa being hideous mobile titles, we do not count them).

I feel Romancing SaGa 3 will be their final hurrah on the platform, and I hope it gets a packaged release. It's clearly a much heartier effort than the SaGa 2 port from its Japanese feature-phone version. But even this, I'm expecting a Switch port.

joe2187

Banned
My Vita left stick or Dpad has started seriously dragging to the right randomly and it's ruining my experience and ability to play games. It will jerk and scroll randomly at the most unfortunate times.

Is there any way to fix this?

Shizuka

My Vita left stick or Dpad has started seriously dragging to the right randomly and it's ruining my experience and ability to play games. It will jerk and scroll randomly at the most unfortunate times.

Time to stick with visual novels.

You're not going to do significantly better. As you probably know, Vita TV prices in Japan shot up after an influx of unwanted black NA region PlayStation TVs flooded the import market there. Cheapest I found for a white JP Vita TV was ¥8500 on amazon.co.jp, about £61. You'll have to go through a reshipper; I recommend Tenso.com. It would probably work out to be about the same, however.

(While you're at it, complete the look with a ¥3950/£28 hunk of plastic!)

Same goes for a white JP Vita... I'm assuming it's a PCH-1000 OLED for that price? If you don't mind a PCH-2000, here's ¥10200/£73 for a White and ¥12338/£88 for a Glacier White. Reshipper again, of course.

Unexpected deals on eBay and Yahoo! Japan Auctions (where you can use a very painless reshipper like Buyee!—that's a white Vita TV for ¥6500/£47) are also always worth checking for.

Thanks for that. I think I may end up biting on the BG2 PSTV because it seems like a pretty good deal, especially considering the lack of stock elsewhere aside from auctions.

I'm gonna be blasphemous here, but I actually prefer the Vita 2000 model, so it was a slim model I was looking for anyway. I'm beginning to worry with sales slowing down in Japan that they're going to be discontinued soon and prices will shoot up again, but I might wait it out and just get the PSTV for now.

(Thanks for reminding me that I need to buy a stand btw!)

PS. Great article on SQ-EX's Vita output. Scarlet Grace is tremendously underrated, I think... I'd bet money we see it on Switch and/or mobile. It's a total love letter to SaGa fans, had all the series' names attached, and was the first new console entry in the series since 2002 (Emperor's SaGa and Imperial SaGa being hideous mobile titles, we do not count them).

I feel Romancing SaGa 3 will be their final hurrah on the platform, and I hope it gets a packaged release. It's clearly a much heartier effort than the SaGa 2 port from its Japanese feature-phone version. But even this, I'm expecting a Switch port.

I can't see it staying Vita-only either, hopefully wherever it goes they end up bringing the Vita version west too.

P.S. Thanks for the help and the compliment!

I'm looking forward to finally play Caligula, both the setting and the game design looks interesting :)

But where is a SaGA:Scarlet Grace announcement, that game is in need of a western release!

jzbluz

I had that happen, so I ended up having to replace one of the joystick.

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/854776009027080192

Summon thy scythe!
Specter of Torment will arrive as a free update to Shovel Knight on PSN in North America.

PS4 / Vita / PS3 - April 25th

Re: Dex:

oG6TiDO.png

I hope the path fixes everything.

Aokage

I'm looking forward to finally play Caligula, both the setting and the game design looks interesting :)

But where is a SaGA:Scarlet Grace announcement, that game is in need of a western release!

Caligula was more than decent. I'm glad to see it get an English release.

Scarlet Grace localization...I suspect it'll happen, but probably not until it's ported to more...viable platforms.

incpdo

Buy Dark Witch if you haven't played it before. Really cool little Mega Man - like platformer. It has a Gradius like power-up system which doesn't 100% work with this genre, but the idea is neat.

I'll probably get it again for the trophies, getting all the in-game achievements on 3DS was fun

You sold me on this one , i'll get it no doubt , i need my megaman like fix.

Aokage

You sold me on this one , i'll get it no doubt , i need my megaman like fix.

Oh yeah! I didn't know what game y'all were talking about (didn't know the English title).

It's hard to find a better way to spend ¥400.

Olengie

bought this for 3ds a while back. enjoyed it when i tried it out

Tohsaka

Oh, Dark Witch is finally coming out in the west on Vita? I remember it was announced a while ago and then nothing came of it. I'll probably get it since I never played it on 3DS/Steam.

Just remembered that Akiba Beat is coming out on the same day as Hakuoki and Operation Babel.

Anyone reviewing the game?

I can only afford 1 game this month (need to save some money, plus a fund for any of LRG's games that may or may not go on sale until my next paycheque) and I'm having a really hard time deciding between Akiba's; Hakuouki and Operation Babel.

Akiba is the one I want to play the most... but it's PQube published in Europe and their games tend to go to bargain bins pretty fast.
Op Babel might get us Demon Gaze 2 in the west if I buy it... but I'm not in the mood for another of Exp's gridders right now.
Hakuouki might get us more otome... but probably for PS4 at this point -_-.

Saphirax

I can only afford 1 game this month (need to save some money, plus a fund for any of LRG's games that may or may not go on sale until my next paycheque) and I'm having a really hard time deciding between Akiba's; Hakuouki and Operation Babel.

Akiba is the one I want to play the most... but it's PQube published in Europe and their games tend to go to bargain bins pretty fast.
Op Babel might get us Demon Gaze 2 in the west if I buy it... but I'm not in the mood for another of Exp's gridders right now.

There's only one answer: Hakuoki

:p

I'd wait for impressions on AB.

Hakuoki would only get you...Hakuoki for ps4 since the only other ps4 otome game is C:R. I hope IFI localizes more though!

Besides, out of the games you listed Hakuoki is the only one that's exclusive. It needs all the sales it can get!

Limited Edition of Akiba's Beat is only £25 on GAME for some bizarre reason. They're doing their customary pqube pricecutting before the damn game's even out.

Limited Edition of Akiba's Beat is only £25 on GAME for some bizarre reason. They're doing their customary pqube pricecutting before the damn game's even out.

Ha, exactly.

I mean, I'll pay full price for a SciAdv game from PQube, but considering I got stung pretty badly on Root Letter (paid £25 and it was £10 within like two months) and I managed to nab Valkyrie Drive for £10 and EDF for £8, I'd be silly to buy Akiba's at launch.

There's only one answer: Hakuoki

:p

I'd wait for impressions on AB.

Hakuoki would only get you...Hakuoki for ps4 since the only other ps4 otome game is C:R. I hope IFI localizes more though!

Besides, out of the games you listed Hakuoki is the only one that's exclusive. It needs all the sales it can get!

Haku ain't exclusive though, we already know it's coming to PS4 :p

I'll probably end up getting that (although I knew you'd advocate that one, haha). I just want to do everything I can to get Demon Gaze 2 in the west!

Saphirax

Ha, exactly.

I mean, I'll pay full price for a SciAdv game from PQube, but considering I got stung pretty badly on Root Letter (paid £25 and it was £10 within like two months) and I managed to nab Valkyrie Drive for £10 and EDF for £8, I'd be silly to buy Akiba's at launch.

Haku ain't exclusive though, we already know it's coming to PS4 :p

I'll probably end up getting that (although I knew you'd advocate that one, haha). I just want to do everything I can to get Demon Gaze 2 in the west!

It's exclusive for now!

And yeah, DG2 and Coven after Babel pls.

May's just a crazy month overall if you're a vn/rpg fan. Caligula, SN6 and Utawarerumono...gotta get them all!

It's exclusive for now!

May's just a crazy month overall if you're a vn/rpg fan. Caligula, SN6 and Utawarerumono...gotta get them all!

Oh shit I'd forgotten Caligula was out so soon.

So that's Day One must buys next month:

Caligula
Akiba's Beat
Utawarerumono
Summon Night 6

And probably Period Cube, and Hakuoki will have to wait? And I'll be busy with Fire Emblem...

Help.

It's exclusive for now!

I should probably add for clarity that I already have Summon Night 6 pre-ordered and will likely add Utawarerumono to that order too. Gotta support Gaijinworks, especially since they're most likely to bring me Vita games in the future.

Would've put money aside for Caligula, but as digital-only it can wait :(

Saphirax

I should probably add for clarity that I already have Summon Night 6 pre-ordered and will likely add Utawarerumono to that order too. Gotta support Gaijinworks, especially since they're most likely to bring me Vita games in the future.

Would've put money aside for Caligula, but as digital-only it can wait :(

That deluxe edition though...

~~~~~~~

On another note, I've zero hope we'll ever see Dies Irae on EU psn. The DI twitter and their responses make it seem like they've no clue that you can only have one account on your vita :/. They keep saying they contacted Sony and that Sony assured them that the vita is region free.

On another note, I've zero hope we'll ever see Dies Irae on EU psn. The DI twitter and their responses make it seem like they've no clue that you can only have one account on your vita :/. They keep saying they contacted Sony and that Sony assured them that the vita is region free.

Rofl.

I'm planning to get a US account Vita in the coming months, so problems like that should be a thing of the past soon.

With that said, I'm not expecting DI to come to Vita at this point. The incompetent team who have run the campaign have given me no hope whatsoever about it. And I'm mad on board with the game too, think it looks great, yet they couldn't even get me to pledge more than $1.

Fdkn

I knew I did right not putting more than 1$, I'm not going to mess with the region bullshit on vita.

Rofl.

I'm planning to get a US account Vita in the coming months, so problems like that should be a thing of the past soon.

With that said, I'm not expecting DI to come to Vita at this point. The incompetent team who have run the campaign have given me no hope whatsoever about it. And I'm mad on board with the game too, think it looks great, yet they couldn't even get me to pledge more than $1.
Yeah, I decided against using my $1 Backerkit pledge to grab that $35 Vita digital copy.
IF it ever actually makes it to Vita it won't be more than $40 digitally so I'll just take my chances with that and use my $35 elsewhere now.

Jimrpg

Vita fam.

edit: Update on Ray's the Dead:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ragtag/rays-the-dead-0/posts/1863213

Is there any particular reason you want to get a Japanese PSTV? I got a US version one from a third party Amazon seller for about US$58 including shipping to Australia. Should be arriving today.

Most of the Vita slim prices are around the price you mentioned I think.

Aokage

Is there any particular reason you want to get a Japanese PSTV? I got a US version one from a third party Amazon seller for about US$58 including shipping to Australia. Should be arriving today.

Most of the Vita slim prices are around the price you mentioned I think.

Not to speak for Kresnik, but I'm guessing it's the same reason I wanted one... it's white.

With the vertical stand it's rather an attractive, impossibly tiny piece o' hardware.

Mmm. Sexy.

Jimrpg

Not to speak for Kresnik, but I'm guessing it's the same reason I wanted one... it's white.

With the vertical stand it's rather an attractive, impossibly tiny piece o' hardware.

Mmm. Sexy.

Haha I didn't realize there's no NA/EU white PSTV. Makes sense that all the import stores had the white version.

Mmm. Sexy.

Spot on.

And it's quite OCD of me, but I'm planning to get a Glacier White PSV to be my US account Vita, and I'd quite like a white PSTV to be my US account PSTV :p

camo

Hey Vita peeps.

I've recently returned to my Vita after not fully getting onboard with the Switch. The Switch screen (I got) was too yellow an it upscaled horribly on my 4K Bravia, so it went straight back to Amazon.

I've had a look in my local game, cex and cash converters and the options are quiet limited/bloody expensive! Although I did luck out on finding a mint (but no box) OG Vita for £80 with three games and...get this...four 16gb memory cards! The sales assistant even commented that 'it's a great buy, because those cards must be worth at least a fiver each.'

Where do you guys get your games from?

Top Bottom