• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

5sSwgEi.png

Haven't heard that one before!

But "more"? Shouldn't it say "any"?

Also idk why twitter uses a serif font now it looks like garbage

higher chance of sony marketing the vita in USA than them releasing something

Oh god, it drives me insane that for some reason Vita isn't in stock fucking everywhere reliable here and I'm too scared to order abroad. Looks like I'm gonna have to go all over town into malls to hunt one down or wait a tad for some future shipments.

Thank god I can calm myself with the fact that I got a ton of games for PS4.

I was in the same boat a little while back. Wanted to finally retire my old OLED Vita and buy a Vita 2000 but no store in the area had new ones in stock. The local mom n' pop game stores only had used ones, and all had lightly scratched screens.

Eventually said "fuck it" and bought a new Japanese neon orange Vita from an Amazon third-party seller. No regrets.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Eventually said "fuck it" and bought a new Japanese neon orange Vita from an Amazon third-party seller. No regrets.

Ooh, how do you like it? I haven't seen one in person yet. Is the orange VIBRANT?

Also, what FW version did it ship with if you don't mind me asking? :)

Ooh, how do you like it? I haven't seen one in person yet. Is the orange VIBRANT?

Also, what FW version did it ship with if you don't mind me asking? :)

I have one as well. Well I wanted to get the Neon Orange and I already had the Aqua Blue. Orange one looks super. Can look red / orange depending on light but closer to red imo. Would recommend getting blue first. That is theb est looking vita ever imo.

It was on 3.6 iirc. I have to update to keep up with review codes so I just updated as soon as I turned it on. It is my 3rd vita.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I have one as well. Well I wanted to get the Neon Orange and I already had the Aqua Blue. Orange one looks super. Can look red / orange depending on light but closer to red imo. Would recommend getting blue first. That is theb est looking vita ever imo.

It was on 3.6 iirc. I have to update to keep up with review codes so I just updated as soon as I turned it on. It is my 3rd vita.

Ahhh, I figured it would be 3.6 based on the release date. Excellent!

Yeah, the Aqua Blue is pretty sexy. I use a trusty Sapphire Blue PCH-1000 as my main and have a launch black as backup... white Vita TV also... but I want to own some model of the 2000. Orange is my favorite color, so I'mma grab that. Thanks for the info!

Ahhh, I figured it would be 3.6 based on the release date. Excellent!

Yeah, the Aqua Blue is pretty sexy. I use a trusty Sapphire Blue PCH-1000 as my main and have a launch black as backup... white Vita TV also... but I want to own some model of the 2000. Orange is my favorite color, so I'mma grab that. Thanks for the info!

2006 model is the best for sure. the matte finish is lovely. np.

Cornbread78

Wasn't Clannad one of the few kickstarter were they didn't promised a Vita version?

It's been an ongoing battle perpetuated further at TGS by them showing an English version of the game running on a Vita...

I don't care if they only put it out on PS4 at this point, give me wither or both versions and I will buy immediately (and make all my friends do the same, lol).

Saphirax

It's been an ongoing battle perpetuated further at TGS by them showing an English version of the game running on a Vita...

I don't care if they only put it out on PS4 at this point, give me wither or both versions and I will buy immediately (and make all my friends do the same, lol).

That was a prototype at TGS and the pamphlet it came with clearly stated that the Asian Vita release would be in Japanese only.

jzbluz

I don't know why this is getting 0 press, but Idea Factory's Osomatsu-san VN is due out on June 29th (striking while the iron is hot...) in too many SKUs:

Anime VNs never get localized, but since this is based on an anime that had some fad popularity in the west, maybe?

Didn't we get like two? Psycho Pass and a mediocre one from Namco(?). Anyway, this is an otome game so no thank you. I have a long wishlist and we can only get a limited number of otome games.

Olengie

I remember Sekai mentioning console news after GDC in one of their emails. Still waiting on that

All I get from Sekai is them announcing another Kickstarter. Again and again

Sounds like CSH released quite buggy and unpolished. Maybe we dodged a bullet and will actually get the finished game when (if) it comes out in 12 months on Vita

I don't know why this is getting 0 press, but Idea Factory's Osomatsu-san VN is due out on June 29th (striking while the iron is hot...) in too many SKUs:

Thought this was vaporware. Wasn't it supposed to release in December, or am I confusing it with that other Osomatsu-san game?

Sounds like CSH released quite buggy and unpolished. Maybe we dodged a bullet and will actually get the finished game when (if) it comes out in 12 months on Vita

-_-

Quite surprised it's had such a rocky release considering how long Robert was posting about polishing it.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/854306836979134465

The Fruit of Grisaia -SIDE EPISODE- which contains the 3 Grisaia side stories (Leisure, Afterglow, Melody) will be released for PSV in July.

Also:

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1481

A Clockwork Ley-Line (PS Vita) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
End Sleep (PS Vita) – 6/6/7/6 [25/40]
Exile Election (PS Vita) – 8/8/8/7 [31/40]
Gun Gun Pixies (PS Vita) – 7/8/7/7 [29/40]
Hana Saki: Work Spring! (PS Vita) – 7/7/7/7 [28/40]

Stalk

Just a fly by post.

Just showed up for me! Figured I'd drop some coin on it since it looks like it's sold through the NISA store only? like entry #60 in my Vita collection though.

Stress ball that comes with it stinks tho.

Jimrpg

Vita news train never stops. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] announced for Vita (and PS3/PS4).

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/night-birth-exelatest-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita

edit: Also, finished my latest article, looking at Square-Enix's output on the handheld:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/a-history-of-vita-games-spotlight-on-square-enix/

Obviously this sounds like a port beg but I think FFXII HD should have had a handheld (vita) version. It looks really dated on the PS4. Perhaps that's probably why they are only releasing on the PS4 to make it seem like it can't run on lesser consoles.

SE support of the Vita was pretty piss poor in general, especially when they are the king of JRPGs and the Vita had great JRPGs/DRPGs. Dragon Quest 7/8/9 could all have come to the Vita for example.

I wonder if any of the Grisaia series will make it over to NA and if it does, how censored it would be..

Yep, still waiting on the original games let alone the side stories.

I'm assuming it'll be one of Sekai Project's "we're still working on these I promise!" announcements for this year.

At this rate Frontwing are gonna have Sharin no Kuni out themselves before Sekai get any of Frontwing's games out lol.

Cornbread78

I'm assuming it'll be one of Sekai Project's "we're still working on these I promise!" announcements for this year.

At this rate Frontwing are gonna have Sharin no Kuni out themselves before Sekai get any of Frontwing's games out lol.

They have a goldmine of VN's that could be ported to consoles that they presumably have access to. Isn't it like pretty easy to port from PC to PS4 with the X86 arc?

I mean, I understand no Vita at this point, but come on Sekai, at least get us all of the Key VN's, Grisaia and other you are sitting on...

Saphirax

Meanwhile, no news about the vita version of Dies Irae either.

Zhao_Yun

5sSwgEi.png

Haven't heard that one before!

But "more"? Shouldn't it say "any"?

Also idk why twitter uses a serif font now it looks like garbage

lol. I am not following the VN scene as much as some others here do, but I have the impresson that Sekai is only good at announcing things but not at delivering.

I'll be salty if Root Double never makes it over. I read it and didn't like it much so it isn't just me being salty, but the Vita backers (IIRC) were the reason the game got boosted at the last minute to go past the backing threshold.

Olengie

Whatever happened to that Muv-Luv release?

Has anything gone out regarding it besides the steam release?

Still happening. At least the Muv Luv people are actually upfront about it and were excited to the Vita version.

Their last update mentioned an ESRB rating but that was a month or so ago. Translations take time. They're almost done with the Final Game I believe. The Steam versions of the game take priority, since those were promised first. But once the PC versions get finished, they'll be focusing everything on the Vita

Takao

Banned
Thought this was vaporware. Wasn't it supposed to release in December, or am I confusing it with that other Osomatsu-san game?

That was a rushed to market Bandai Namco shovelware mini-game collection for 3DS. It didn't sell a whole lot. Given how long it's taken IDF to release the Vita game (the anime has been over for more than a year), I have similar expectations.

Obviously this sounds like a port beg but I think FFXII HD should have had a handheld (vita) version. It looks really dated on the PS4. Perhaps that's probably why they are only releasing on the PS4 to make it seem like it can't run on lesser consoles.

SE support of the Vita was pretty piss poor in general, especially when they are the king of JRPGs and the Vita had great JRPGs/DRPGs. Dragon Quest 7/8/9 could all have come to the Vita for example.

Yeah, The Zodiac Age not being on a portable platform is bizarre. X HD sold well on Vita. With Kingdom Hearts you could make the case that the vast majority of the market for the HD ports is in the west, but Japan is still integral to Final Fantasy, especially the re-releases.

SE's support for the platform overall has been confusing. They weren't there when Vita was young and really could've used their games (which resulted in plenty of behind-the-scenes cancellations), yet post-Sony abandonment, they've been more active than ever. Vita has more Dragon Quest games than PSP did (they both have the same amount of mainline games, which is 0)! Sure, it's mostly lower budgeted multi-platform releases, but we would've taken that over a whole lot of nothing.

Vita news train never stops. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] announced for Vita (and PS3/PS4).

I thought ASW was done with Vita. Then they announce ghetto Armored Core and this. Sure, they're both digital-only, but I thought they were done, especially with the fighting game ports.

BTW, the PS4 voxel game from NIS runs on UE4, so I guess that's why it's not on Vita. lol at no Switch, though.

For anyone interested, apparently NOVA (PS Mini), a game that was broken with the previous firmware, is now working with the new firmware.

So that's something!

BTW, the PS4 voxel game from NIS runs on UE4, so I guess that's why it's not on Vita. lol at no Switch, though.

Huh. Even NIS experimenting with UE4 now.

edit: Btw, an otome game from that company that do PS4 themes is coming to Vita:

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/2017/04/18/akash-path-of-the-five-coming-to-ps-vita/

When your games sell next to no copies, one solution can be finding ways to make sure you can break even on selling next to no copies.

They don't need to worry. The limited edition In the west will do amazing and it'll also be a 2000+- 1000 seller 🤓🤣

i-Jest

edit: Also, finished my latest article, looking at Square-Enix's output on the handheld:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/a-history-of-vita-games-spotlight-on-square-enix/

I hope we get all three versions in the West. I'd definitely triple dip on this game, just to show support.

I'll read that article soon. At least we got World Of Final Fantasy, right guys? The Vita build was great right? RIGHT?

That was a rushed to market Bandai Namco shovelware mini-game collection for 3DS. It didn't sell a whole lot. Given how long it's taken IDF to release the Vita game (the anime has been over for more than a year), I have similar expectations.

Yeah, The Zodiac Age not being on a portable platform is bizarre. X HD sold well on Vita. With Kingdom Hearts you could make the case that the vast majority of the market for the HD ports is in the west, but Japan is still integral to Final Fantasy, especially the re-releases.

SE's support for the platform overall has been confusing. They weren't there when Vita was young and really could've used their games (which resulted in plenty of behind-the-scenes cancellations), yet post-Sony abandonment, they've been more active than ever. Vita has more Dragon Quest games than PSP did (they both have the same amount of mainline games, which is 0)! Sure, it's mostly lower budgeted multi-platform releases, but we would've taken that over a whole lot of nothing.

I thought ASW was done with Vita. Then they announce ghetto Armored Core and this. Sure, they're both digital-only, but I thought they were done, especially with the fighting game ports.

glad they did this and not birthdays on vita

Top Bottom