• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

My neighbor asked me to order some Tamagotchi from Amazon JP so I piggybacked to save on shipping and now I'm getting the two iM@S games, Taiko 5, and IA/VT.
The true rhythm heaven is about to start.

Jimrpg

Is anyone getting the Japanese version of Dungeon Travelers 2-2 next week? Play-Asia.com says it'll be released April 20th.

I'm a huge fan of the first, but would rather play in English. Would love to hear some impressions.

Is anyone getting the Japanese version of Dungeon Travelers 2-2 next week? Play-Asia.com says it'll be released April 20th.

I'm a huge fan of the first, but would rather play in English. Would love to hear some impressions.

I would think Parakeetman and Dorarnae will be getting it as they get just about every drpg under the sun. They don't really post that much in this thread though and considering the first game was banned on Gaf, we can't have an import thread for it either.

Jimrpg

I would think Parakeetman and Dorarnae will be getting it as they get just about every drpg under the sun. They don't really post that much in this thread though and considering the first game was banned on Gaf, we can't have an import thread for it either.

Yes its a shame we can't post about the first game. I'm thinking Gaf doesn't want to start attracting those type of posters would be my guess? I've said it a few times before, DT2 is one of the most fun RPGs in terms of gameplay, the loli/waifu aspect does the game a disservice as its probably the least interesting part of the game.

At least they got #1 right.

LOL.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

For the most part going off from the demo seems to be what one would expect with the series. The only major downside with the game will be how irritating Fried is now that hes a kid, though the positive is like the original you can turn off the MCs voice. As the writing for Fried shown so far is that hes written as a snotty irritating kid and it reflects in the VA work. So gives the impression that the story is going to be centered about the cast basically taking care of Fried making sure his mindset is put back into the original form is what Im guessing seeing how things are with the flow of the story so far.

If one liked the first game judging from the demo one would like the 2nd. That and its a continuation of the story.

Also save data from the demo apparently carries over into the full game according to the website I think.

Thats about it since the mods had made it pretty clear banning discussion on the series in general which am sure they didnt change their mind on either.

One last thing is those who were fans of Maid Sensei she isnt back in this game it seems. Looks like they totally replaced her character. Understandable due to the highly tragic fact that her voice actress Mieko Matsuki had passed away last October. D: Having been a fan of that character was quite saddening to her replaced as it was quite the well performed character in the previous games with a unique personality.

Saphirax

Escaping a virtual world ruled by an intoxicating virtual idol may sound kind of crazy (ok, it is crazy), but that’s exactly what players will need to do when JRPG The Caligula Effect comes out digitally on 2nd May exclusively for PS Vita.

That’s not all, because we’re giving the game the digital deluxe treatment when it comes out! That’s right, The Caligula Effect will launch as a deluxe bundle that includes the game, a PS Vita theme featuring the virtual idol µ and various characters, 19 avatars, and a swimsuit costume DLC pack for €39.99/£29.99!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...g-the-caligula-effect-out-2nd-may/#sf70301282

Saphirax

C9TNz75UAAAhImy.jpg:large

The theme looks nice.

Takao

Banned
It's entirely the fault of Garbage Interactive Entertainment, but it's always ticked me off that there are avatars of Vita-only games. You can't change purchased avatars on Vita or PC, or mobile (IIRC). You can only change the new ones on PS4.

It's entirely the fault of Garbage Interactive Entertainment, but it's always ticked me off that there are avatars of Vita-only games. You can't change purchased avatars on Vita or PC, or mobile (IIRC). You can only change the new ones on PS4.

Nah you can change them on mobile through the Playstation app, can on PC as well if you were to get Bluestacks or something.

You know what's easy to change? My steam avatar on the GPD WIN. The portable steam community machine that has access to preserved games. Unlike your dead handheld.

incpdo

just bought 2 new games for my "dead" handheld .

Trails of cold steel
Exist Archive
im really happy now my backlog of games to buy is just like 50 games now . My poor wallet.

evilsin

Oh god, it drives me insane that for some reason Vita isn't in stock fucking everywhere reliable here and I'm too scared to order abroad. Looks like I'm gonna have to go all over town into malls to hunt one down or wait a tad for some future shipments.

Thank god I can calm myself with the fact that I got a ton of games for PS4.

Oh god, it drives me insane that for some reason Vita isn't in stock fucking everywhere reliable here and I'm too scared to order abroad. Looks like I'm gonna have to go all over town into malls to hunt one down or wait a tad for some future shipments.
There won't be future shipments

Is that confirmed for NA? You can bet there'll be plenty future shipments in Japan. Importing may become the only route for obtaining new hardware...

I don't think it's officially confirmed by Sony, but it has been mentioned by retailers. There haven't been new Vitas in stores for month, I don't see that changing.

Shinriji

You know what's easy to change? My steam avatar on the GPD WIN. The portable steam community machine that has access to preserved games. Unlike your dead handheld.

We get the point, Portable PC is a god's gift to mankind and switch is the vita sucessor endorsed by sony, who run into our dogs over and over.

Now we can stay on tópic for once?

3P8oG2d.png

I guess that retailer leak was real. Strange situation with the LRG release and all, but I'd honestly rather buy this from PQube. Maybe as an LE even

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I don't think it's officially confirmed by Sony, but it has been mentioned by retailers. There haven't been new Vitas in stores for month, I don't see that changing.

I see... That's unfortunate. As far as I know, the only Vita family hardware confirmed by Sony to have ceased production is the PlayStation TV, Vita TV and 4GB memory card, but that doesn't sound rosy.

I'm sure the next year or so will still bring us groovy new Japanese hardware (more insane colors like Neon Orange plz!), and I expect Japanese software for another two at least.

3P8oG2d.png

I guess that retailer leak was real. Strange situation with the LRG release and all, but I'd honestly rather buy this from PQube. Maybe as an LE even

Nice. But wasn't Mighty Rabbit handling the port? I'm wondering what is happening here. Maybe they are sharing the publishing rights?

I prefer PQube aswell. EU copy, much cheapier and a good chance for a nice LE.

Nice. But wasn't Mighty Rabbit handling the port? I'm wondering what is happening here. Maybe they are sharing the publishing rights?

I prefer PQube aswell. EU copy, much cheapier and a good chance for a nice LE.

Mighty Rabbit are only involved in porting Ren'Py and Fault Milestone One as far as I'm aware.

Ephidel

Mighty Rabbit are only involved in porting Ren'Py and Fault Milestone One as far as I'm aware.
The E3 recap only linked Sekai Project to Mighty Rabbit/Limited Run for Fault Milestone One.
Fault Milestone One said:
Sekai Project and Limited Run Games are honored to announce our first partnership game, Fault Milestone One, will be available console exclusive to PS4 and PS Vita. The porting duties are being handled by Mighty Rabbit Studios, and both versions will feature new music and content. The game will also be available in a limited physical run.
It only mentioned CreSpirit for Rabi-Ribi.
Rabi-Ribi said:
We at Sekai Project along with CreSpirit are proud to announce Rabi-Ribi is coming to PS4 and PS Vita this winter, and is console exclusive to PlayStation platforms!
(Obviously the date was a bit off).

Someone asked about it on the LRG forums though and Josh said that they were involved with the physical release.
Yes, Rabi-Ribi will get a physical release. All of the Sekai games will be standard limited run releases.
(link to the thread/post).

With PQube also publishing in NA you have to wonder if something changed there. Or they somehow managed to grab only the EU rights. A LRG release makes little sense with PQube involved.

So this is probably a dumb question: can I use US store bought DLC on CA games?
Thanks!

Also pumped I got Ray Gigant, disappointed it'll be late since I also got hook.

God I just want PS4 style account setup where I can purchase something in a different region and use it on my main account. Itching to get that SRWV dlc but don't want to go through the account switching hassle and starting again (also trophy progress, I know I know).

5sSwgEi.png

Haven't heard that one before!

Also more? Shouldn't it say "any"?

Literally any would be an improvement, especially considering they have what? A dozen they've said are coming to various consoles? They really need to stop announcing these things if they can't even fulfill a single port they've had in the pipeline for well over a year now.

I guess Rabi Ribi is happening at least.

Seems porting a full bullet hell action metroidvania is somehow easier than pictures with text???

Top Bottom