• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Ventara

This is for "games that stand a chance" though :p. Koei has made it clear that Ciel isn't coming over and they're the only ones that work with Gust (that and I doubt Gust would even go back to it and input localized files if any company wanted to do it). LAI we've gotten a no go from Xseed and it's honestly too late for someone else to come in for it, lolPSO, and Tales is long past it's chance. Demon Gaze 2, if it comes as anything more than an Asian English version (who knows if that is even coming), is highly likely to be ported to PC along with the first game as well.

Oh, my eyes must've just glossed over the "stand a chance" part, lol. Yeah, I know most of those don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. A man can dream, though.

mollipen

If I needed to decide one last Vita exclusive to get localized, from the ones that actually stand a chance, I'd be happy with Dungeon Travelers 2-2. What about you guys?

Hmm, that's tough. I have no idea what I'd pi...

flowers-373241.7.jpg

mollipen

That's out on PC, in english no less. Not quite a Vita exclusive, and not quite as a game that stands a chance.

Eh, I think it could kinda stand a chance. We've had enough romance visual novels hit the Vita at this point that I don't think it's unbelievable that someone might give a chance to one skewed toward a different segment of that fanbase. Now, I'm not saying we'd get another yuri VN after that, unless the first was another Hakuoki, but I really think someone is going to try at least one on a non-PC platform.

And I actually didn't realize it was also PC. But... yeah. I just can't stand to play VNs that way (even though I've bought a few at this point). Plus, I'd be so happy to know that the Vita got at least one over here in its lifetime.

I think my second choice would definitely be Net High.

I really want this as well, but as it stands, that's probably as far from "standing a chance" as it gets.

:(

The Vita port of Fata Morgana (including a translation of the new arc) would be what I want but that's probably also impossible.

Saphirax

It's been far too long without me mentioning it - Coven! Would prefer it over DT 2-2 and DG2.

Though with how swamped Atlus is and will be, we may not get DT 2-2 at all.

If I had to pick one super obscure release that's I'd love to see localized it's Fuuraiki 3. Not that this is my most wanted, but the one I'd use a magical localization wish on since it has zero chance otherwise

anime was never more real

EDIT: Not actually answering the question though I guess. Sorry :p

Hmm, that's tough. I have no idea what I'd pi...

flowers-373241.7.jpg

I would pay a large amount of money for this

If I needed to decide one last Vita exclusive to get localized, from the ones that actually stand a chance, I'd be happy with Dungeon Travelers 2-2. What about you guys?

This is for "games that stand a chance" though :p. Koei has made it clear that Ciel isn't coming over and they're the only ones that work with Gust (that and I doubt Gust would even go back to it and input localized files if any company wanted to do it). LAI we've gotten a no go from Xseed and it's honestly too late for someone else to come in for it, lolPSO, and Tales is long past it's chance. Demon Gaze 2, if it comes as anything more than an Asian English version (who knows if that is even coming), is highly likely to be ported to PC along with the first game as well.

I feel like the lines are getting blurred with games that "actually stand a chance" these days. I mean, Tales may be gone, but what if Vic Ireland could pull a miracle thanks to his pre-existing relationship with Bamco and manage to grab it? What if Doug really did ask Spike Chunsoft to let them work on Ukiyo no Roushi? Net High got shot down by XSEED, but what if PQube pulled another massive get on that one?

(Speaking of which, I enjoyed their response to your tweet about it, Shiz :p)

If I had to pick just one... and it needed to Vita a vita exclusive or at least an exclusive in coming over (ignoring the fact it may be PC ported down the line)... I couldn't pick just one, but I can give you three and I'd go bat-shit crazy for any of them:

1. SaGa: Scarlet Grace
2. Net High
3. Robotics;Notes Elite

I'm assuming things like Ciel and Tales are gone despite my best wishing for them. Any of those three would make me sqwee with happiness. Honestly, I might even want Robotics;Notes the most, something about it just really appeals to me, so I guess if I absolutely had to just pick one it'd be that.

If I had to pick one super obscure release that's I'd love to see localized it's Fuuraiki 3. Not that this is my most wanted, but the one I'd use a magical localization wish on since it has zero chance otherwise

Ahh, my man <3. I remember advocating heavily for that one on the NISA request forums, nothing ever came of it though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I don't know the chances but i would like shin kamaitachi no yoru

203845_front.jpg

other than that net high, ukyo no roushi, uppers, that upcoming horror game with cool character designs and many more i don't remember now.

It's been far too long without me mentioning it - Coven! Would prefer it over DT 2-2 and DG2.

Though with how swamped Atlus is and will be, we may not get DT 2-2 at all.

It's safe to assume that Coven would be getting a PC port at the very least, considering it would be Nisa working on it.

HotHamBoy

Has anyone picked up Xenoraid? That is a F2P game on mobile but $10 on Vita. Curious about how they changed it for premium.

Also thinking about picking up Siralim 2. I got it on iPad when it was $2 and it seemed cool but I hated the on-screen movement controls and didn't get far.

BTW, does OP ever remove confirmed cancelled games?

Pretty sure Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer was confirmed cancelled for Vita years ago.

Also, I thought Afterbirth Vita was canned too?

Everytime I browse OP I have to wonder how many of those games we will actually see on Vita in the West.

Keeping the OP up to date is probably a crazy amount of work and it was mostly accurate when it was posted. It's best used as a rough guide. If you want the most up to date information you should follow the thread.

Afterbirth is still on limbo afaik, although I doubt it will happen

Ascension hasn't been officially cancelled either afaik, but Playdek is pretty much dead so don't hold your breath.

Shizuka

Oh, Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru would be my third pick. DT 2-2 would be Atlus, Net High would be PQube and Kamaitqchi would be Aksys. That's not really impossible for those companies.

my top 3 wishes at this point would likely be:
1. fata morgana vita port
2. net high
3. shin kamaitachi no yoru/ any good game on vita in that series

As a SRPG and Luminous Arc fan I really hoped for Luminous Arc Infinity, despite the mixed reviews. But atleast we got imageepochs final game Stella Glow, which was my GOTY 2015. So I think I'm good.

I shall take this as an AniHawk tease for upcoming Vita games in 2018. And since you quoted me with it I assume it's Hero Must Die.

Yay!

Btw, I finished my review of WipEout 2048 for anyone interested. Great game!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/vita-wipeout-2048-review/

I just wanted to reread the "A history vita games: Square Enix" article and now I'm seeing there is none (yet?). I must have dreamed it, lol.

Jimrpg

Huge fan of DT2, so ill second this. 45 hours in, still playing it at the moment.

The Vita port of Fata Morgana (including a translation of the new arc) would be what I want but that's probably also impossible.

Even that never arrives on Vita, at the very least its already out on Steam.

Btw, I finished my review of WipEout 2048 for anyone interested. Great game!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/vita-wipeout-2048-review/

Funny when this came out at launch, reviewers were scoring this 7s saying the loading times were too long. The bad reviews made me skip the game until this year and aside from the loading times and the 30fps, I thought this was a pretty damn good game.

I just wanted to reread the "A history vita games: Square Enix" article and now I'm seeing there is none (yet?). I must have dreamed it, lol.

Hahahaha. You know, I actually started writing that article yesterday. Hopeful to get it done early next week. You must have read my mindwaves about it ;)

Funny when this came out at launch, reviewers were scoring this 7s saying the loading times were too long. The bad reviews made me skip the game until this year and aside from the loading times and the 30fps, I thought this was a pretty damn good game.

You know, it's pretty sad looking back how harsh reviewers were so Sony's early efforts on Vita. WipEout disappointing because load times; Uncharted disappointing because it's not Uncharted 3; Killzone disappointing because it's not as pretty as Killzone 3. Very few games came out well tbh, only one I can think is LittleBigPlanet.

At least when I'm writing my own reviews, I'm writing them comparatively to other Vita games (i.e. how they should've been reviewed in the first place). And in that respect, 2048 is mindblowing (just the lack of racebox sucks).

3. Hero Must Die

Hi Kresnik. :)

;)

You know, I completely forgot Hero Must Die in my own list. How could I? I make a fuss about this game at every opportunity D:

I guess because I lumped it in with the "clearly never happening" category.

i-Jest

my top 3 wishes at this point would likely be:
1. fata morgana vita port
2. net high
3. shin kamaitachi no yoru/ any good game on vita in that series

Even that never arrives on Vita, at the very least its already out on Steam.

We need someone ballsy enough to launch a Indiegogo or Kickstarter for a Vita port and translation of House of Fata Morgana. But who? Who would risk such an undertaking?

godisntheradio

Neo Member
vgp is having a vita sale https://www.videogamesplus.ca/specials.php

i'm gonna buy root letter but to get free shipping i need to get another. I was thinking maybe valkyrie drive or neptunia rebirth2, more inclined to valkyrie drive because l liked sk estival versus and i never played neptunia, what do you recommend, it can be any other game in that list under 30$

Joe Molotov

Is A Rose in Twilight a NISA exclusive? I was just gonna buy the regular edition off Amazon or something, but I'm not seeing it listed on any other retailers yet, and NISA is sold out of the regular edition.

Is A Rose in Twilight a NISA exclusive? I was just gonna buy the regular edition off Amazon or something, but I'm not seeing it listed on any other retailers yet, and NISA is sold out of the regular edition.

It's exclusive to their store. But since the standard is sold out and the LE likely doesn't have much left, it will soon be exclusive to Ebay.

Joe Molotov

It's exclusive to their store. But since the standard is sold out and the LE likely doesn't have much left, it will soon be exclusive to Ebay.

Bleh, well I'll just take my chances and see if I can pick up a Regular Edition in a few weeks with a $5-10 markup. I don't really want to pay $50 shipped for the LE.

mollipen

Since it was mentioned, I played an hour of the NA version of A Rose in the Twilight today. I haven't played Firefly Diary, so I can't compare the two at all, but it's interesting. Seems like the kind of game that could make you frustrated if you don't like slower-paced puzzle experiences, but it has a certain charm to it. The premise is interesting (girl who collects blood going around with weird monster thing), and the atmosphere & art style are right up my alley.

Ventara

i'm gonna buy root letter but to get free shipping i need to get another. I was thinking maybe valkyrie drive or neptunia rebirth2, more inclined to valkyrie drive because l liked sk estival versus and i never played neptunia, what do you recommend, it can be any other game in that list under 30$

That's a nice sale. Kinda wish I hadn't bought the EU copy of Root Letter now. Bought it about $2 cheaper, but would've preferred a NA copy for $2 more. Think I'll get Assassin's Creed Chronicles. I haven't seen that one go lower (Amazon US had it fir $20 I think, but with shipping and the conversion, would've been about the same). Also, maybe Shiren and Rayman Legends.

Also, I didn't know Atelier Shallie got a regular NA release outside the LE (I know EU did). Tempted to just buy it to keep my LE sealed, but I've got too many other Vita games to buy.

I am also interested in Experience's horror title and hope that comes west. Mainly since I have enjoyed their other titles (though they are in the dungeon crawler genre, so this horror game seems odd).

Edit: Maybe that is also a follow up: What titles that probably wont come over are games that folks can pick up and enjoy with some light use of a guide (especially if they cant read or speak Japanese)?

rEdit: Maybe that is also a follow up: What titles that probably wont come over are games that folks can pick up and enjoy with some light use of a guide (especially if they cant read or speak Japanese)?

Any of Bandai Namco's anime-licenced games are normally safe bets for using a guide and/or Google Translate. I played through Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order last year and had no problems with it, as well as the first Gundam Breaker.

I'm currently playing through World Trigger: Borderless Mission and it's manageable. There's a very good guide for Girls Und Panzer out there. Macross Delta Scramble also has a less good one.

Aside from that, rhythm games are always easy to get to grips with, so stuff like IA/VT Colourful and Taiko no Tatsujin V Version.

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could muddle through Tales of Innocence R with this guide. It's what I'm planning to do in future. Obviously you'll miss vast amounts of the story though.

Sadly, there's no translation guide for Ukiyo no Roushi out there, so while I've managed to play that one a little bit with Google Translate, it's very hard going.

i-Jest

Hey Vita peoples. I posted a fairly in-depth look at the Vita version of The House in Fata Morgana in its OT. Ch-ch-check it out!

Thanks. I'll give it a read after work.

DAMN, my gaming budget is almost done for the next couple weeks. I was holding out for the LRG run of Ray Gigant. There are a few games on sale I'd like to get, but I'm going to have to pass. I've committed to Ray Gigant.

Jimrpg

That's the cheapest I've seen for DJ Max Technica and I want it... just don't want to stump up $37CDN for it right now... and there's nothing else I want there... Tetris Ultimate I guess?

I haven't played Valkyrie Drive yet (purchased it though), but from what I've seen it plays pretty similar to SKEV, so if you like that, then get Valkyrie Drive.

Switch? Ugh.

Called it when the game came out in 2015 lol

I mean, he's been giving this sort of "we're having troubles" answer since September:

"The PSVita version of Assault Android Cactus is my current task. Unfortunately there are a bunch of technical hurdles concerning performance - some I knew about back when we demoed an early playable version on the show floor of GDC2014, and some I didn't expect - which is making the process difficult, and means there's currently no ETA or guarantee Cactus will see release on Vita.
The Vita version is very important to me, I'm a big fan of the system personally and enjoy how Cactus plays and looks on the system, but with our tiny dev team, mild commercial reception on other platforms and development fatigue it has been hard going. On larger or better funded teams, you can typically throw resources at an issue like this, but for us, it's pretty much me. I'm persevering for now and have my fingers crossed that I'll have something more positive to report soon.

Should the PSVita version see a release, we still intend for it to be Crossbuy with the PS4 version.

And I realise it's tricky to convey tone in text, but I'd say my general vibe for the Vita version is still cautiously optimistic."

Pretty amusing it's gone from "cautiously optimistic" to "not optimistic" in that time though.

I do genuinely believe they've worked extensively on it, but still. A Switch release would be an almighty kick in the nuts, but it sounds about right...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I mean, he's been giving this sort of "we're having troubles" answer since September:

Pretty amusing it's gone from "cautiously optimistic" to "not optimistic" in that time though.

I do genuinely believe they've worked extensively on it, but still. A Switch release would be an almighty kick in the nuts, but it sounds about right...

Honestly i was always doubtful about it, when i see a 3d indie game i automatically think that the developer won't be able to make it run on Vita, indie developers in general aren't masters of optimization.

So when do you guys think we can expect the CSH cancellation

Lol, yeah. I had a lot of faith in the guys at Zeboyd and they seemed to be making (and posting about) a lot of great progress.

The fact that they've delayed the launch and Robert is regularly posting saying he's burnt out on the game has lowered by expectations of it actually releasing now, sadly.

OT: Seems like Zombeer is coming to Vita for some bizarre reason:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6031-zombeer

edit: And for anyone interested, I finished my review of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (yep, I know, super late to the game on this one too):

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/09/vita-senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-review/

John Blade

What would I want localized the most?

Hmm....

Or

Isn't they a Clannad version for the PSP and some group manage to do a translate of the game for it? I don't know much about it but with the official translate version of the game of the PC, it shouldn't be too hard to do the vita one now if they is enough demand for it.

Top Bottom