• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix commits to PSN Game Archives..... starting TODAY (Japan)

zoku88

neojubei said:
Oh man, I'm afraid too much good ps3 news today....the backlash, the backlash....
Was there other good news? My internet connection has been down for the past 15 or so hours :-/

Teknoman

Augh damn it I forgot MGS1 and Resident Evil arent even out on our PSN yet. All we've got from a third party is Symphony of the Night...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ein!!! Score ^_^
I own most of the ones I desire already like PE 1/2, Xenogears, Vagrant and such. But a few just were a bit too much. Time to get them

I also definitely have to say I maybe get a few more because of PSP support ^_^

Ploid 3.0

I want Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant story, Einhander, and Xenogears on US PSN store. I had Vagrant Story but never finished it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Awesome, if they came out here, I'd hit it pretty hard. Hopefully, Square Enix NA follows suit, but considering how slow Sony is in putting classic PSOne games up for download, it'll be like the Nintendo fans waiting for Earthbound on Virtual Console...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, but old 2D games look better than old 3D games.

Final Fantasy VI is just as playable as ever, while FFVII is almost unbearable.

True true, next up after Lunar of my untouched Jrpg collection is Grandia.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Elbrain said:
True true, next up after Lunar of my untouched Jrpg collection is Grandia.

If we are talking about remakes, this is a game that needs to be remade in one form or another.

I want Feena and Liete in HD.

Edit: Oops, spelled Liete wrong.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Ploid 3.0 said:
I want Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant story, Einhander, and Xenogears on US PSN store. I had Vagrant Story but never finished it.

I have all of those games except Einhander and my copy of Xenogears is kinda fucked up on the second disc.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hcoregamer00 said:
If we are talking about remakes, this is a game that needs to be remade in one form or another.

I want Feena and Liete in HD.

Edit: Oops, spelled Liete wrong.

This. Wasn't there a rumored GC version that was axed? Just use the assets from that and throw it on the Wii or something, just gimmie Grandia!! XD

MrDaravon

I would probably be way more excited if the US PSN store didn't suck horribly compared to the JP one. Seriously, if there's one easy to fix thing Sony has dropped the ball on, it's that. Japan has bunches of games I would probably buy, or at least buy if I didn't still have the discs.

SailorDaravon said:
I would probably be way more excited if the US PSN store didn't suck horribly compared to the JP one. Seriously, if there's one easy to fix thing Sony has dropped the ball on, it's that. Japan has bunches of games I would probably buy, or at least buy if I didn't still have the discs.

Sony doesn't see the need. it's more of them blindly thinking releasing shooters is what we want.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
RurouniZel said:
This. Wasn't there a rumored GC version that was axed? Just use the assets from that and throw it on the Wii or something, just gimmie Grandia!! XD

I agree, remake the original, I don't care in what form.

The game needs it, better voice acting, and more potential anime cutscenes with a more powerful medium.

Redd

Great news for Japan users. Hopefully Square will release these games on PSN in the States. Please please please announce it soon here with Chrono Trigger.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
So what are the options for US gamers not willing to bank on the (un)likelihood of these getting rereleased anytime soon in the States as well? Do we need to import buy a PSN card?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kaching said:
So what are the options for US gamers not willing to bank on the (un)likelihood of these getting rereleased anytime soon in the States as well? Do we need to import buy a PSN card?

Ebay. I got one off there and had the code emailed to me.

duckroll

kaching said:

If you buy JP PSN cards from NCS, there's no shipping. They email you the code directly.

duckroll said:
If you buy JP PSN cards from NCS, there's no shipping. They email you the code directly.

Just to be clear: we still have to go through the process of setting up an acct. on the Jpn. PSN and I'm gonna have to go track down a step-by-step on how to do that, huh...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Any bets on the other 8?
internal Section

oh god i hope so.

I pimp IS whenever i get the chance. Sure it starts off slow, but the fact it picks up later, has custom CD support for levels, and - still to this day - looks VERY good, then i think a lot of GAFfaz would dig it.

MrDaravon

Wait, why the hell are people begging for SNES games on PSN now? How would that even happen, besides it not making any sense. Did I totally miss something or what?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SailorDaravon said:
Wait, why the hell are people begging for SNES games on PSN now? How would that even happen, besides it not making any sense. Did I totally miss something or what?

They were ported to PS1, so I guess they want the PS1 ports?

CTLance

<Obligatory Nintendo fanboy sneer/comment>Booh.</>

Heh, 6 bucks per game? What a steal. Very nice. I hope this will come out in US&EU too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
zoku88 said:
Isnt the PSP port based on teh JPN version, which was inferior to the US version?

what makes you think they'd use the US version and retranslate it when they have a perfectly translated PSP game already ready?

SailorDaravon said:

well, i dont think Nintendo owns the code to 3rd party games....

Top Bottom