• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix commits to PSN Game Archives..... starting TODAY (Japan)

HOLY SHIT!!!

Tobal%202.jpg

Jonnyram

Rakugaki Showtime and Astronoka are also Square Enix, don't forget :)

Any bets on the other 8?
internal Section
Dew Prism
Brave Fencer Musashiden
Vagrant Story
Racing Lagoon
Ehrgeiz
Soukaigi
Pop n' Tanks

zoku88 said:
I would be way more excited if I wasn't under the oppressive rule of SCEA

a little too dramatic?

Nah. I can't even muster a smile until I'm guaranteed this bit of awesomesauce goes unfiltered through SCEA's stupidity.

Jonnyram

Oh wait, Raystorm and Fighter's Impact are Taito too, so they've blown 6 of the 12 in one week! :O

Unless they really mean key titles, and these aren't included in the 12 ;)

tanod

when is my burrito
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

AMERICA PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I wouldn't mind buying Chrono Cross, either. Man that would be awesome.

More PS1 rpgs are needed in the US Store.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm totally getting Einhander.

flammie said:
So does Square Enix hate Nintendo again or something? Why PSN games but no VC games?
Don't you know? Everyone hates Nintendo. Crystal Bearers? Shitcanned! VC games? Fuck that noise.

Zoe

Jonnyram said:
Oh wait, Raystorm and Fighter's Impact are Taito too, so they've blown 6 of the 12 in one week! :O

Hopefully the fact that they're going so fast means they're ramping up for something... /wishful thinking

Chris R

Good for Japan, sucks that we will never see this in America.

If I make absolute statements like that above, they might prove me wrong! I can hope :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
duckroll said:
Notice: This is not the weekly Japanese thread, do not post unrelated news in here please.

Square Enix has announced in this month's Dengeki Playstation due out on Friday that they are committing to releasing their classics on PSN. Starting TODAY (25th June), they will release Xenogears and Einhander on PSN, for 600yen each. There are 12 key titles that they plan on releasing on Game Archives, starting with Xenogears. There isn't a clean full scan of the interview yet, so this is all I know right now to be 100% accurate. Discuss. :D

Edit: The following titles are coming out TODAY, at 600yen each. They're all under the S-E label.

Xenogears (Square)
Einhander (Square)
Astronoka (Enix)
Rakugaki Showtime (Enix)
Raystorm (Taito)
Fighters Impact (Taito)

e5182d16.gif

This is good news, I have Japanese PSN money to burn. :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
neojubei said:
e5182d16.gif

This is good news, I have Japanese PSN money to burn. :D

This!

Come one Square I want Front Misson 3 again DAMMIT! US! COME ON! I will buy 90 percent of the games you guys put out if you do!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
BlazingDarkness said:
surfer girl said something about an FF7 re-release with small updates or something didnt she?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a PSP remake using the Crisis Core engine.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
tribal24 said:
omg all over my face please let erghiez be one of them

Day one for me. :D

Is it me or this feels like something totally out of left field. Sony is really getting on the ball with this one.

androvsky

Well, if the U.S. blog thought there were too many cries of "In-Game XMB", wait'll more fans get wind of this. :lol

We might actually see some of these.

Agent X said:
Ah, yes, I'm aware of that. I meant that it needs to be offered as a downloadable game on the PlayStation Store.

I know man. It's just part of my propaganda campaign to get Tobal 2 officially released. It's the least SE can do to remind the world of what Dream Factory once was (before they went and cocked it up beyond recognition).

Top Bottom