• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The challenge is worth 100 xp too, lol. I think they underestimate the difficulty involved in this challenge.
I think 100xp is pretty trivial for most members who have been around forever, just like the challenge's difficulty.

KarmaCow

Whoa they changed the design of the GList area. It's a lot easier to read the requirements for challenges and perks now. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a way to read dailies from the GList site though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whoa they changed the design of the GList area. It's a lot easier to read the requirements for challenges and perks now. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a way to read dailies from the GList site though.
Why they still divide the site in two is beyond me.

The nexus looks slightly better but it has just as much, if not more bloat as old G-List section.

Also all challenges ask you to have your username etc. on paper in the photo now.

Also:
Update said:
The new site should load more quickly and elegantly on your “smart”-phones, tablets, and (ugh) phablets. It should also reduce overhead in your desktop and laptop browsers.
Lol.

Still have no idea who's behind this site and how it's still going.

EDIT: The Last Of Us $20 off perk is up.

zroid

Banned
oh crap HarmoKnight challenge. those birds shall be mine.

edit: whoa that's quite a change

Am I crazy, or did they remove the option to submit challenges via achievement check? I just submitted that way for Flower a couple hours ago, I hope they accept it.

The nexus looks slightly better but it has just as much, if not more bloat as old G-List section.

What's more I can't see any space in the new challenges/perks pages layout that shows a list of previously received perks and accomplished challenges.

Also all challenges ask you to have your username etc. on paper in the photo now.

They ask you to take a photo with your GList name AND ID now. We have a name AND an ID? I'm confused. I thought I was just under my username. Is there a second identifier somewhere or are they just phrasing their request poorly.

Am I crazy, or did they remove the option to submit challenges via achievement check? I just submitted that way for Flower a couple hours ago, I hope they accept it.

I had two pending challenges before the site redesign from a day or two ago. I don't think they registered. I'm going to assume that doesn't work and just retake a picture with my flower trophy.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With this new layout I was finally able to reset the first invite I sent to wingz where he gave me the wrong email address. I now have another invite I can send. :)

They've always said that for the 1+ years I've been on the site. Actually when I first joined you had to have the console in the picture too, but so many people disregarded it only your username was needed.

They ask you to take a photo with your GList name AND ID now. We have a name AND an ID? I'm confused. I thought I was just under my username. Is there a second identifier somewhere or are they just phrasing their request poorly.
The ID used to be the letter/number combo located under your name on the members page(for eg mine is A12.1018), but since the members page is gone now they put it right beside your username in the top left corner.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They've always said that for the 1+ years I've been on the site. Actually when I first joined you had to have the console in the picture too, but so many people disregarded it only your username was needed.
Hmm. I've never submitted a photo with my name/username/etc. in it and they've all been accepted.

Hmm. I've never submitted a photo with my name/username/etc. in it and they've all been accepted.

Submissions without username/ID will most likely go through since they rarely follow their own directions. Only time it'll get declined is if it's very similar/identical to someone elses submission.

zroid

Banned
I may be wrong. I just noticed there's a small black and yellow "pending" on the challenges I had submitted. Maybe they'll still go through?

Yeah I was about to submit the photo and I noticed that too. I'll just wait till it gets officially approved or rejected, I guess. There's still a bunch of days left.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey, invites seem to be working again. When I checked about 10 minutes ago all the text field showed was an endless series of random characters that didn't seem to do anything when I clicked on it.

Also, what are the "Unlocks at level X" things for? I'm level 39 and the 20 and 30 levels are both locked down.

Edit: figured out what the endless random characters were. It loads a big random text string that "decodes" as the page loads, but sometimes it doesn't load properly and the random text string stays there.

The Monday challenge is to place first on Space Invaders high score screen =/

I actually have access to a space invaders arcade unit but no way am I getting first place lol

explodet

I can't find my preorder codes. Where are they in this madness they call a site?

EDIT: Wait, I've still got the email with it.
Duh.

never submitted a challenge because i didn't have to :p now i submitted flower and Bioshock!

really want that 20 dollar for Last of US!

anyone know if that can be combined with the FS bonus code for ordering GOW?

krae_man

Hey look, the site is funky in different ways now.

Forms still don't work in IE. Also the Moble site won't even load on my Windows phone.

Fuzzy

never submitted a challenge because i didn't have to :p now i submitted flower and Bioshock!

really want that 20 dollar for Last of US!

anyone know if that can be combined with the FS bonus code for ordering GOW?
That code should have expired already.

frequency

I have an extra Soul Sacrifice code too for anyone who wants it. I forgot I already had a pre-order for $20 off, so I won't need the code.

Has anyone had their Flower or BioShock Infinite challenges accepted? My Monster Hunter one was, but not those two. The BioShock Infinite one has been pending like all week I think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't understand the new verification process. Have they gotten rid of the old system of checking your achievements entirely?

Sora_N

I have an extra Soul Sacrifice code too for anyone who wants it. I forgot I already had a pre-order for $20 off, so I won't need the code.

Has anyone had their Flower or BioShock Infinite challenges accepted? My Monster Hunter one was, but not those two. The BioShock Infinite one has been pending like all week I think.

What did you have to do for the flower one? I sadly haven't tried the game out yet.

frequency

What did you have to do for the flower one? I sadly haven't tried the game out yet.

It was years ago that I got it so I'm not 100% sure but I think it's like near the end of the game. If I remember, there is a stage where
everything has like no colour. And you have to fly through the entire stage and colour everything - grass, buildings, whatever.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I have the following promo code for Futureshop.ca:

- $20 off The Last Of Us preorder

Can only be used online, no in store pick ups.

First PM gets it.

zeitgeist

Wow, the new overhauled site looks great.

Was a nice surprise to see the perk for The Last of Us preorder discount too. I've pretty much realized that the only games I buy right at launch are when they have the Tsilon discount.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Welp.

Player, in a recent change to our systems, we are only accepting images for challenge verification. Please submit an image of the challenge completion or achievement earned including a handwritten note with your glist name on it.

So much for automated achievement checking submissions :|

zroid

Banned
Welp.

So much for automated achievement checking submissions :|

weelll, it's good to have confirmation. Will resubmit my Flower challenge...

edit: lol, I resubmitted and it was approved within 1 minute. Did they really turn it around that fast, or did I just have awful timing? :p

iphys

Just finally got the 100 xp for the Nintendo Trio challenge. In retrospect, that was probably the easiest challenge for anyone that just needed 1 challenge to qualify for perks, assuming you just took a lazy picture of your gaming area without actually bothering to tidy up or anything.

frequency

I always just submit a screen shot of the official PlayStation trophy site.

I guess if challenge submissions are manually checked, it's kind of verified to be me since it's the same PSN account being submitted for like 2 years or whatever.

Fuzzy

I submitted mine by providing a link to my PSNProfile online. They accepted it but told me to use a picture with my GLIST ID next time.
Easiest thing is to take a screenshot of that (or any other of the other sites) along with a tsilon tab open where you can see your name ("Welcome xxxxx to the player testing area") and upload it and submit that.

Top Bottom